Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 01:12:07 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallHotline Miami
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Print
Author Topic: Hotline Miami  (Read 29946 times)
OlderMan
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: November 02, 2012, 09:02:17 AM »

You got an 8/10 from CanardPC in France. Good job Smiley
cactus
Makeout King
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: November 04, 2012, 12:00:31 PM »

9/10 from Edge Epileptic Was not expecting that.

Getting pumped to work on something new, but there's still stuff left to do with Hotline, apparently. Hoping me and Dennis can start setting up the engine for our next game before the month is over. Would also love to release Tuning before new years.

Also want to do a write up about Hotline Miami as I haven't really had a chance to discuss it with anyone but Dennis, but I'm not sure how much I would want to reveal about it. Some things are best kept secret, and I don't want to spell out the story for anyone as it's much more interesting if people get to make their own interpretations of it.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 04, 2012, 12:19:05 PM »

finally bought this piece of shit.

absolutely lives up to the hype. stellar level design, great atmosphere/story. regarding the violence thing, it's pretty obvious to me that the violence is supposed to be transgressive/disturbing but w/e.

im kinda starting to think a multiplayer mode would be cool, seeing as the enemies already have p much the same abilities as the player. super fast matches with 1-hit kills could be a ton of fun.
sigfarter
Level 7

卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 04, 2012, 12:24:08 PM »

Getting pumped to work on something new

maek a game about trains
ink.inc
« Reply #124 on: November 04, 2012, 02:11:20 PM »

http://www.destructoid.com/sup-holmes-gets-badly-hurt-with-devs-of-hotline-miami-237996.phtml

live interview
pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: November 04, 2012, 02:32:56 PM »

Are you planning to finish Life/Death/Island at some point? I was really looking forward to that one.
The new IGF 2012 video says it's coming this year, so I'm hoping so, as I was really looking forward to it, as well.

cactus
Makeout King
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: November 04, 2012, 03:24:06 PM »

Life/Death/Island is on hold for now. No one seemed to like the demos we showed much, and me and Dennis don't really enjoy the gameplay the way we made it anyways. We will consider re-designing the basic combat and level generation a bit to make it actually play well. But right now we have more interesting ideas to focus on. It feels like a waste to just let it go completely, though. So hopefully it will be released eventually.
pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: November 04, 2012, 03:31:52 PM »

Life/Death/Island is on hold for now. No one seemed to like the demos we showed much, and me and Dennis don't really enjoy the gameplay the way we made it anyways. We will consider re-designing the basic combat and level generation a bit to make it actually play well. But right now we have more interesting ideas to focus on. It feels like a waste to just let it go completely, though. So hopefully it will be released eventually.
I...what...noooooo!

It was one of the few games I was planning to buy day one. :<
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 03:38:38 PM by johnki » Logged

Dragonmaw
« Reply #128 on: November 04, 2012, 05:30:55 PM »

If all Dennaton games are as good as Hotline Miami they will all be day-one purchases for me :D
rob
Level 8

all 'bout Zumba (absolute pro @ Zumba)

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 04, 2012, 05:53:03 PM »

Cactus, do you remember the first game you were ever going to sell? if i remember it correctly it was a sidescrolling schump with a pink/gray color scheme? what ever happened to that?

sigfarter
Level 7

卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 04, 2012, 06:02:04 PM »

pikns a gay color whod want to buy a pink game
Tanner
Level 10

MMPHM *GULP*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: November 04, 2012, 06:07:52 PM »

I think it was Brain-Dead Toon Underworld.

rob
Level 8

all 'bout Zumba (absolute pro @ Zumba)

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 04, 2012, 07:12:45 PM »

I think it was Brain-Dead Toon Underworld.

No, it was called Akuchizoku, and apparently it operated as incentive for donations, not as a commercial game. Was it ever released?

p.s. holy shit reading golden-age GMG, even from the time it started to sag, is crazy

deathtotheweird
« Reply #133 on: November 04, 2012, 07:33:26 PM »

I have that game on my hard drive. the date says 10/4/2007 but I can't remember if it's just a demo or what.
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: November 04, 2012, 09:22:50 PM »

akuchizoku is still one of my favorite indie shmups

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Avgudar
Level 0

AVGUDAR

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 05, 2012, 09:44:10 AM »

On the level after you retrieve the girl there is a bug which prevents me from going further in the game.

Avgudar avgudar gudar
cactus
Makeout King
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: November 07, 2012, 07:27:54 AM »

@avgudar: We're looking into that. The problem is it only seems to be an issue for people on certain systems (most likely related to your graphics card), and we haven't been able to isolate the cause yet. It's very frustrating. I will change some things in level transitions to see if that might solve the issue, but I'm practically working in the dark as I can't tell if my fixes will work or not.

@rob: Me and Dennis are looking into releasing Akuchizoku in one form or another somehow. It was never fully completed, I made the wrong decision in trying to make the levels very different from each other. It made the game feel disjointed and I lost interest in working on it. If we do a remake we'll base it on the first level and keep the rest of the game in a similar vein. Would be fun to work on a shmup again.
Daruman
Level 0

私は犬が大好きだよなぁぁ~

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 09, 2012, 03:33:54 PM »

I want the soundtrack so bad, when i can i throw money at that.

Kilig: noun. It is the sudden feeling of an inexplicable joy one gets when something romantic or idealistic occurs. I don\'t think there\'s an English word or phrase for it. even Butterfly Stomach doesn\'t do justice to \"kilig\".
Avgudar
Level 0

AVGUDAR

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 11, 2012, 11:40:51 AM »

The song Miami2 was swiped from an audi comercial.  Cheesy

Avgudar avgudar gudar
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 19, 2012, 08:16:34 PM »

Update on the DLC

Possible map editor!!!

http://www.shacknews.com/article/76717/hotline-miami-dlc-to-be-sequel-sized-considering-map-maker

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic