Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411433 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58418 Members - Latest Member: Pix_RolleR

April 20, 2024, 07:41:36 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallHotline Miami
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Print
Author Topic: Hotline Miami  (Read 29954 times)
ACOM
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 02, 2012, 03:02:09 AM »

First of all, I have to say that I loved what I saw (and in my mind played, but could be something like an illusion) of AKUCHIZOKU. It's more, in 2007 I wrote something at spanish press, and the musician of the version wrote an answer on it.

But I don't like Hotline Miami. It's something that could happen. When I saw it for the first time (I think in this forum) I thought two things. A) It will be a success. B) But not for me.

I have followed what happened since then. All the people saying that this game will rock. Winning awards (and a lot more it will win, i think). Getting massive press attention. And finally, a comercial success.

And for me is great because i like to see that Cactus is being successful. But there is people, that me, that are not interested in this game. I thought that before of buying it, bought the game, played half an hour, and quit.

It's not for the difficulty (I am playing now Aqua Kitty, that could be very difficult in some levels), it's not for the low budget, it's not for the settings, it's not for the violence. There is something in this game that polarizes the users. Luckily for Cactus, the reviews are made, in 90% of the cases, by people that likes the game. If I had to make the review (in my actual magazine there is a review, and is positive) I would had to been very objective for saying good things of the game appart from the lovely music, and the nice control system.

I'm game developer too(we have released recently Sugar Kid, you can check some info here http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=26376.0) . We have polarized reviews too, from 10 to 5. I have seen people that likes the game a lot, and other that feel bored or too much stressed when playing it. It's something that could happen. So, be happy to have been praised with the respect of the critic and public, and let's see what's next (appart from Hotline Miami 2 Tongue).
Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: January 10, 2013, 05:34:47 AM »

Sorry for necroing the thread, but is there any news on when the mac version is going to be released? I checked on Steam and GOG, but those only have the windows version.

PS: Should I post in the General Thread Pollution thread next time?

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
InfiniteStateMachine
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 10, 2013, 06:29:13 AM »

I dont see why you shouldnt post here. Seems appropriate to me

while were at it. Where's the level editor  Cool

Impmaster
Level 10

Scary, isn't it?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: January 10, 2013, 04:47:22 PM »

Cactus, status update please.

Do I need a signature? Wait, now that I have a Twitter I do: https://twitter.com/theimpmaster
m1ckey
« Reply #144 on: January 13, 2013, 03:02:22 AM »

Campster gave it a go:

Oskuro
Level 3

Coding in Style

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: January 17, 2013, 10:23:28 AM »

Annnnnnd Yahtzee'd!

Zero Punctuation: Black Knight Sword & Hotline Miami

Beer!

Rayiner
« Reply #146 on: January 18, 2013, 11:55:20 AM »

It's just like Drive and I love it!
Dannohawk
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 18, 2013, 03:47:43 PM »

Absolutely amazing game, well done. I played it until my fingers bled. It's nice to have a shooter with brutal blood and gore, no rechargeable health and enemies that die when you shoot them. Killing that last enemy on a floor is genuinely thrilling something that can't be said for call of duty.

Personally I don't think you should spend six months (like team meat) creating a level editor when you could be making us new game to play!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic