What is it?
Tolroko is a John Carter ( you know, that epic ancient scifi saga that inspired Starwars, Avatar, and just about every other scifi saga the last century ) inspired open world game. The goal is to create a random generated scifi/fantasy world much like Mars in the Barsoom books. The name Tolroko comes from the name of the planet in the game (Tolroko is the second planet orbiting the planet Toldaro, which is the third planet orbiting the star Tol, yes why not invent a star system and language for describing its composition)...I'll explain later What does it look like?
Some early screenshots from the project.
Procedurally generated forests.Tell me more!
And yea we are building a fresh new engine for this project, built using our game engine construction kit ZeroFps. The game world is generated and streamed from a central server supporting multiple players ( it works much in the same way Terraria does ).
As a human taking your first steps on the strange world of Tolroko, your mission will be to establish a frontier base, make contact with the natives, trade, make piece .. or make war.Feature wish list
- These are main features we dream about at night.
* Huge procedurally generated Barsoom-like world.
* Player & Npc controlled physics driven Flyers & other vehicles.
* Huge procedurally generated cities & smaller settlements.
* Trade goods between cities in an Elite-like manner with the help of your Flyer.
* Establish, Build and expand your HQ.
* Research new technology to gain better weapons and vehicles.
* Pirate hideouts.
* Pirates attacking trade lanes.
* Multiple intelligent races and tribes.
* Reputation system, earn reputation for different factions by trading and missions.
* Diplomacy, unite all the tribes on the planet to bring piece on Tolroko and ultimately win the game.Latest public buildhttp://tolroko.tumblr.com/downloadOther sites
Main Tolroko: http://tolroko.tumblr.com/
( here i post almost daily updates of the progress )