Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411281 Posts in 69324 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 09:22:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTolroko - A John carter & Avatar inspired openworld game
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17
Print
Author Topic: Tolroko - A John carter & Avatar inspired openworld game  (Read 63614 times)
dvoid
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: October 12, 2014, 03:37:24 AM »

New build 0.108 Trippy Trek

http://tolroko.tumblr.com/post/99805566895/new-development-build-0-108-trippy-trek-is

dvoid
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 20, 2014, 12:51:13 AM »

New ship video.

oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #242 on: October 20, 2014, 07:36:11 PM »

Actually seeing a Sky Galleons of Mars style ship in a computer game is super fun!
dvoid
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 22, 2014, 11:44:49 AM »

Actually seeing a Sky Galleons of Mars style ship in a computer game is super fun!

=) we will see, not 100% sure about the design yet. might go towards a more hightech design etc. not very found of the whole flying boats thing.

dvoid
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 04, 2014, 11:35:55 PM »

Another little video testing youtube 60fps support =)

dvoid
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 22, 2014, 01:17:44 PM »

New Tolroko build  0.111 Fantastic Flyer
http://tolroko.tumblr.com/post/103308447524/new-development-build-0-111-fantastic-flyer-is

FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 22, 2014, 10:07:57 PM »

I have to say, I'm insanely impressed by your engine and graphics.  Did you program the whole thing from scatch?  That being said, I have to suggest that you consider getting a UI designer and a modeler/animator on your team, because I'm feeling like those are the only two things really holding your game back right now.

It also seems like the project is suffering a bit from Overgrowth Symptom, in that the videos over the past two years have done a great job showing off cool new technical features of the engine, but have done very little to showcase the overarching goal and story of the game at large.  I think showcasing those aspects are really what'll get your title more attention than it's been getting.

Still, this is very clearly a labor of love, and a very impressive one at that, and I look forward to seeing where you go with it!

P.S. I noticed from your bio that you work at Pieces Interactive; maybe you could try to collab with one of your coworkers on this?  The engine alone seems like it'd entice plenty of talent.
dvoid
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 23, 2014, 03:56:20 AM »

I have to say, I'm insanely impressed by your engine and graphics.  Did you program the whole thing from scatch?  That being said, I have to suggest that you consider getting a UI designer and a modeler/animator on your team, because I'm feeling like those are the only two things really holding your game back right now.

It also seems like the project is suffering a bit from Overgrowth Symptom, in that the videos over the past two years have done a great job showing off cool new technical features of the engine, but have done very little to showcase the overarching goal and story of the game at large.  I think showcasing those aspects are really what'll get your title more attention than it's been getting.

Still, this is very clearly a labor of love, and a very impressive one at that, and I look forward to seeing where you go with it!

P.S. I noticed from your bio that you work at Pieces Interactive; maybe you could try to collab with one of your coworkers on this?  The engine alone seems like it'd entice plenty of talent.

Thanks for the feedback  Gentleman
Yes i did program most of the engine my self from scratch ( and some help from a fellow programmer) .

And yea i definitely need to focus more on the actual game and less on engine features, but i love
doing engine stuff so its very easy to get stuck doing that Tongue, its also kind of a procrastination because
gameplay is so damn difficult Tongue.

I have been trying for years to get some good artists on the team, but its not easy to keep an outsider as motivated as me. I have slowly started to learning blender my self and have done some ( really ugly) animations and models for the game. But yea it would be far better with a few skilled 3D artists on the team.

Bers40k
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 09, 2014, 11:17:49 AM »

i download version 0.111
and our game community download too.
we try massive multiplayer and found BIG bug, you can view our play to youtube -

17 players online and game be very slowing all players moving
dvoid
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 09, 2014, 11:37:08 AM »

i download version 0.111
we try massive multiplayer and found BIG bug, you can view our play to youtube -

17 players!!!  Shocked
The game is not designed for that many players =D, my goal is to support at least 4 players. but not 17!! lol
Yea there is no way the game server would be able to handle that many players, at least not if they decides to move
in different directions over the world, maybe if they stay at one place.

would ofc love to support more players, but with the current design i dont see how that would be possible.

dvoid
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 09, 2014, 11:41:59 AM »

i download version 0.111

i noticed in the video that there still seems to be a problem with some gui textures. i need to fix that =). not sure why...

Bers40k
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 09, 2014, 11:49:59 AM »

17 players!!!  Shocked
The game is not designed for that many players =D, my goal is to support at least 4 players. but not 17!! lol

may be you not designed but we try and game still playble, as you see. and this reallly good game and very fun to hunt and explore another world.

Yea there is no way the game server would be able to handle that many players, at least not if they decides to move
would ofc love to support more players, but with the current design i dont see how that would be possible.

may be you decide support to massive multiplayer player party in game.  Gentleman

out players send you big thanks and wait more. Gomez

i looking to this forum and you site in tumble.
dvoid
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 09, 2014, 11:52:09 AM »

17 players!!!  Shocked

may be you not designed but we try and game still playble, as you see. and this reallly good game and very fun to hunt and explore another world.

may be you decide support to massive multiplayer player party in game.  Gentleman

out players send you big thanks and wait more. Gomez

i looking to this forum and you site in tumble.

Im really glad to hear that =). And yea stand by for more updates soon. Next release will include
a better world map gui among other things.

billyboob
Level 0

Kitty

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 09, 2014, 07:25:07 PM »

I get a 404 on those download links.
dvoid
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 09, 2014, 11:59:31 PM »

I get a 404 on those download links.

Are these not working?  http://tolroko.tumblr.com/download

dvoid
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: December 23, 2014, 04:33:41 AM »

Merry Christmas everybody =)

Heres a new Tolroko build: http://tolroko.tumblr.com/post/105720706775/new-development-build-0-112-happy-holidays-is
And a new video:

dvoid
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 27, 2014, 06:23:47 AM »

Yet another build with some bug fixes for ATI gpus.

http://tolroko.tumblr.com/post/106313657510/bug-fix-build-0-113-happier-holiday-ati-shader

FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 27, 2014, 10:36:48 AM »

I'd ditch the screenshake tbh.  It makes the movement seem a lot less smooth, and definitely seems like it'd get in the way during combat encounters.  Also, minor aesthetic thing, but shouldn't the duststorm not be able to travel through buildings?

P.S.  Loving the progress you're making!  The game is looking better every day.
oyog
Level 7

View Profile WWW
« Reply #258 on: December 27, 2014, 09:40:08 PM »

I'd ditch the screenshake tbh.  It makes the movement seem a lot less smooth, and definitely seems like it'd get in the way during combat encounters.

I, on the other hand, really like the screenshake. I do think it could be toned down and can certainly see how it could get in the way during combat but it feels like the player character has weight and is interacting with the world.

And a new video:

I don't remember if you've already covered this but are you creating the world by hand?
FK in the Coffee
Level 10

meme pixels

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 27, 2014, 09:47:57 PM »

Feature wish list - These are main features we dream about at night.
* Huge procedurally generated Barsoom-like world.
* Huge procedurally generated cities & smaller settlements.
Looks like he's going for procedural generation, but I don't know if the current build uses it.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic