Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411426 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 10:14:05 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTolroko - A John carter & Avatar inspired openworld game
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17
Print
Author Topic: Tolroko - A John carter & Avatar inspired openworld game  (Read 63834 times)
dvoid
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 16, 2015, 01:12:01 PM »

There I have corrected the misinformation on the site, thanks for letting me know dude and again, good work on the engine, you join a huge open world, gorgeous graphics and effects, 2 secs of lag from loading and BAM 60fps all the way Smiley Cant wait for the next update, we're all currently multi millionaires in game and need moaar :D

=) sounds great,
would love to hear more feedback, what you like, what you dont like, what is unbalanced and so on.

Hardcore2dacore
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 16, 2015, 02:59:25 PM »

Im glad you saw the thread though and saw the comments, bet its exciting being the third party ina  conversation between 2 people getting extremely excited by your game! Ok, Its hard to say as I enjoy it very much... Are there items to reduce sun damage? poison damage? ive noot seen them and the sun/ poison from forest flowers is brutal (The sun... possibly a little OP), maybe suncream and allergy tablets for a very basic suggestion, or the planets equivalent! I love flying, I found it awkward at first but once used to its enjoyable and fun especially trying to negotiate a forest :D could we get more.. effects denoting g-force & speed, the jet swoops so dramatically and could do with a little visual boost to get the blood flowing.. I dont know what direction you're going in with npc/ enemy A.I but I cant wait for some duck/ cover mechanics, and some reaction to air battles and fights etc (turned heads to something exciting and a few comments would be good but unsure how easy to implement) Im looking forward to some weird and wonderful creatures and would love it if we could have the odd gargantuan beast to maybe gang up on with our friends on a server!? (Maybe a few of us on a multi manned airship Wink and some in ground (hover) vehicles )The base-building is going to be awesome! we need more and some variety if we may :D with furniture etc (Im sure this is going this way anyway) I mean.. Its hard to say when theres still much to look forward to, I dont wanna tell you how to suck eggs! Just a few thoughts, If you like I'll pass a request to the baremettle forum to the guys who play for feedback, Burgaza rinsed it for all it was worth within a few days. Everyone is amazed with the map by the way :D a1 last thing I'd really appreciate is taming a beast as a pet or hiring named npcs with the odd humourous or sad background, much like our friend who welcomes us into Tolroko Smiley
DarthBenedict
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 16, 2015, 04:31:57 PM »

Played this for the first time today, handling on the aircraft was great.

By the way, is there any way to turn off motion blur when turning around?

SpeakUpGames
Level 0

whimsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #283 on: January 16, 2015, 05:17:18 PM »

This game looks really amazing. From the video I saw, the landing of the aircraft looked like a lot of fun. I'm definitely downloading this!

Hardcore2dacore
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 16, 2015, 05:23:21 PM »

I have to admit one of my fav parts of the game is that silky smooth landing.. even when you're out of the cockpit Wink
xfry
Level 0

JavaScripter, C# Developer, The world is realy 2D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #285 on: January 16, 2015, 06:33:49 PM »

¡Guau! This game is awesome. Great job guys! keep working this amazing game  Beer!

Success is not the end of your goals ... Be the beginning of your triumph
dvoid
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 17, 2015, 12:49:05 AM »

Im glad you saw the thread though and saw the comments, bet its exciting being the third party ina  conversation between 2 people getting extremely excited by your game! Ok, Its hard to say as I enjoy it very much... Are there items to reduce sun damage? poison damage? ive noot seen them and the sun/ poison from forest flowers is brutal (The sun... possibly a little OP), maybe suncream and allergy tablets for a very basic suggestion, or the planets equivalent! I love flying, I found it awkward at first but once used to its enjoyable and fun especially trying to negotiate a forest :D could we get more.. effects denoting g-force & speed, the jet swoops so dramatically and could do with a little visual boost to get the blood flowing.. I dont know what direction you're going in with npc/ enemy A.I but I cant wait for some duck/ cover mechanics, and some reaction to air battles and fights etc (turned heads to something exciting and a few comments would be good but unsure how easy to implement) Im looking forward to some weird and wonderful creatures and would love it if we could have the odd gargantuan beast to maybe gang up on with our friends on a server!? (Maybe a few of us on a multi manned airship Wink and some in ground (hover) vehicles )The base-building is going to be awesome! we need more and some variety if we may :D with furniture etc (Im sure this is going this way anyway) I mean.. Its hard to say when theres still much to look forward to, I dont wanna tell you how to suck eggs! Just a few thoughts, If you like I'll pass a request to the baremettle forum to the guys who play for feedback, Burgaza rinsed it for all it was worth within a few days. Everyone is amazed with the map by the way :D a1 last thing I'd really appreciate is taming a beast as a pet or hiring named npcs with the odd humourous or sad background, much like our friend who welcomes us into Tolroko Smiley

thats one...wall of text, lots of good feedback =).
There is a desert-robe you can buy in stores that protects you from the sun.
There is also a Breather thingy you can buy that protects you from the poison in the forests.

dvoid
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 17, 2015, 12:50:21 AM »

¡Guau! This game is awesome. Great job guys! keep working this amazing game  Beer!

THANKS!!!  Gentleman

dvoid
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 17, 2015, 12:55:15 AM »

Played this for the first time today, handling on the aircraft was great.

By the way, is there any way to turn off motion blur when turning around?

Theres no way to turn of motionblur only atm ( just all post processing buy disabling high fidelity).
Why should you wanna disable it? is it too much? i have tweaked the amount of motion blur back and forth a lot.
I do think it adds a lot of smoothness feel to the game. I really don't like when there is too much motion blur in games and atm i don't think its too much in Tolroko. I increased motion blur intensity a while back though, maybe it was a bit too much.  Roll Eyes

Hardcore2dacore
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 17, 2015, 01:06:16 AM »

Time for another slider!  Hand Thumbs Up Right
dvoid
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 17, 2015, 01:39:16 AM »

Time for another slider!  Hand Thumbs Up Right

lol

dvoid
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 17, 2015, 09:11:43 AM »

One question, did anyone get that ingame update notification?  Does it work? Beg

Hardcore2dacore
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 17, 2015, 10:00:05 AM »

Yes bud It does work & redirect. Still getting no-cd errors though who knows why
dvoid
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 17, 2015, 10:05:55 AM »

Yes bud It does work & redirect. Still getting no-cd errors though who knows why

Great,
still no idea about the no-cd error  Sad

Hardcore2dacore
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 18, 2015, 04:08:56 AM »

Must be my hardware if no other reports, hopefully next patch itl fix itself ive had this on no other version Smiley
dvoid
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 01, 2015, 08:20:22 AM »

made a short movie of a city battle.

Hardcore2dacore
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 14, 2015, 03:00:29 PM »

Loved the vid btw (think I commented on twitter) and thanks for the new build, sod the girlfriend, thanks for letting Tolroko be my valentine :D
dvoid
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 15, 2015, 07:48:14 AM »

I have been working on Pathfindng the last month or so. Finally starting to get it working.
Since the world is huge and procedurally generated i cant just pregenerate one entire nav mesh for the world.
Instead i have local nav meshes for buildings etc and creatures try to use that whenever they are close to one of them. the rest of the time they use a simple avoidance algorithm using raytracing. In the future i might add a generated gridbased nav mesh for the terrain.

Heres a demo recording i made this morning.

dvoid
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 22, 2015, 03:34:14 AM »

New tolroko build !!!   0.118 Naughty Navigator  Well, hello there!

Get it while its fresh. 
http://tolroko.tumblr.com/post/114301991970/new-development-build-0-118-naughty-navigator-is

dvoid
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 11, 2015, 09:42:11 AM »

Tolroko - Ship turret work-in-progress

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic