Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 05:35:40 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioI feel like I'm doing something wrong.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: I feel like I'm doing something wrong.  (Read 835 times)
Alestance
Level 0

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2012, 01:56:39 AM »

Sup, Alestance here, and it's been a long time since I last posted here. I've still been doing music, just I've been burnt out and I feel like my music is a lot less organic and fluid as it used to be. It sounds rigid and static, and my earlier and more naive works are more organic and have more feeling? I don't know.

Lately I've been working on a conceptual album based around one of my favorite franchises, Sonic the Hedgehog. I have a deep admiration for the blue mascot of the past, and he made up the bulk of my childhood. The songs combine the classic FM synthesis that the Genesis provided plus some more real, or other forms of synthetic instruments. So here they are:

Viridian Valley

Space Drive

Violet Lock

Let me know what you think, and what your thoughts are on stamping out rigidness.
Storsorgen
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 08:55:46 AM »

I think Viridian valley is by far the best one, it has a really nice flow and a softness that I like. The others don't quite share the same liquid feeling of smoothness, I think.
Allansona
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 02:38:31 PM »

Hey Alestance, I think you've created some really great tracks here! Toast Right
I think there is nothing wrong with the notes themselves but rather the deliver of them. Even though it's fast and upbeat electronic music there is no reason you couldn't work a bit more on phrasing! The volume level of each track doesn't seem to move much, and that's what gives it the non-oraganic feel. If you were to add more crescendos and and maybe a few rits and accels the music will feel more like it's being played by people, and less by a computer.
However, I don't think it's a bad thing when this type of music sounds like it's played by a computer!
Keep up the good work and keep us posted on what changes you make.

- Without craftsmanship, inspiration is a mere reed shaken in the wind. - Johannes Brahms
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic