Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411509 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 11:53:08 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudio8/low-bit robotic sfx
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: 8/low-bit robotic sfx  (Read 634 times)
Jandy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: July 08, 2012, 09:19:35 AM »

Hey guys,

I'm trying to make a sound effect for a robot picking up a box/crate, but having trouble getting the sound to 'fit' the action.  At the moment it sounds too wavey and not really close enough to how I want it to sound.

It should sound more... pneumatic, maybe?  Like that sound effect you do when doing 'the robot' or pretending to walk like a robot.  The pitch raises as he picks up the box, and plays more or less in reverse when he puts it down again (this bit isn't a problem for me though).

I've looked into it a bit, and something like a printer sound would be close, so if someone knows how to replicate that sound (or as close as can be managed) in 8-bit that'd be about right.

For my sound effects, I'm using either Bfxr and/or a wave osc channel in Fruity loops at the moment, but I'd be happy to use something else if there's something that can do what I need whilst still sounding 8-bit.  I'm not sure whether what I'm after is a bit out of reach in 8-bit, or whether I'm just not good enough at sounds right now to know what wave shapes and whatnot would be best to use.

So yeah, if you have any experience at something similar, please get back to me! (if I finish this game you'll be secured a credit/thanks in the proper release!)

~ Oshi
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 10:12:11 AM by Oshikuru » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic