Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411197 Posts in 69315 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 19, 2024, 03:50:56 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsBootleg Demakes[FINISHED] Advanced Set The Rope On Fire Cartridge [Intellivision]
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: [FINISHED] Advanced Set The Rope On Fire Cartridge [Intellivision]  (Read 75827 times)
Blueberry
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: August 29, 2008, 11:28:59 AM »

Ladies and Gentlemen, may we present to you a demake of a game so epic, so innovative and so shocking that people were actually struck by awe at the mere sight of it. A game that spread across the globe like wildfire and became the word on so many peoples' lips. Please settle down a bit ladies and gentlemen! But Yes! Your hopes will be fulfilled tonight! We give you:

Advanced Set The Rope On Fire Cartridge Intellivision-style!  Gentleman

Download:
http://games.softpedia.com/get/Freeware-Games/Advanced-Set-The-Rope-On-Fire-Cartridge.shtml

Screenshot:
Boxart:

Bigger size: PNG

Video Walkthrough (very low quality):

When you have completed the whole game you can entertain yourself by trying to unlock the 4 eggs, one is a bonus game.
Here are some clues for the detective novice:  Cool

Egg 1: Press the B key while falling down the chute in the beginning. It is crucial that you do it before you land. This will put some elegance to the boss.
Egg 2: Just like in egg 1 you must press a letter-key while falling down and something will happen in the great hall. This egg is aimed towards swedes. Other people will have a hard time finding the right key anyway.
Egg 3: Make sure you have completed the ehh.. "Coin Criteria" and win the game. This will unlock a few extra lines in the end dialogue. Notice that I did not choose those lines, they are completely workings of Seviss!
Egg 4: I will give you a trickier clue for the bonus game. "Deadly Dogs". Use your knowledge in Intellivision curios, or your favourite tool for finding information to solve this.

Reactions, feedback, suggestions and criticism are very welcome.

Get ready to relive that very special gaming moment. You know what you have to do!

Game by Blueberry and Seviss.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 02:41:21 AM by Blueberry » Logged
medieval
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 12:12:55 PM »

My, this is hard Gentleman
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 12:24:06 PM »

This thing crashed when I tried to read the first signpost! How am I supposed to know what to do without them? Cry

Blueberry
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 12:30:25 PM »

@Medieval
Thanks for the comment!  Smiley
My tip to solving this puzzle of utmost difficulty requires you to use your lateral thinking and wit. Thinking out of the box is probably the word.

@Terry
I'm sorry to hear that Terry. I'll look in to it at once. Did you use keyboard or numpad controls? Did the app freeze or shut down completely? Did you get any error message?

Did this happen to anyone else?
Nitro Crate
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 12:54:04 PM »

ahaha this was brilliant.

Are there multiple endings depending on the stuff you do or is that only the text changes?
laserghost
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 12:59:59 PM »

Brilliant!
Blueberry
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 01:01:15 PM »

Well, the text changes somewhat depending on what you do.

No multiple endings though.  Wink
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 01:04:49 PM »

@Terry
I'm sorry to hear that Terry. I'll look in to it at once. Did you use keyboard or numpad controls? Did the app freeze or shut down completely? Did you get any error message?

Found the problem! If you press space instead of enter in front of the signpost things go a bit weird Tongue

Blueberry
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 01:31:50 PM »

@Terry

Found the problem! If you press space instead of enter in front of the signpost things go a bit weird Tongue

Yay! Thank you Terry!  Grin

I have uploaded a fixed version now.
Nitro Crate
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2008, 01:34:28 PM »

I can't find any eggs though. :S
Blueberry
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2008, 01:41:37 PM »

I can't find any eggs though. :S
Well they are very hidden, probably impossible to find.

I'll give you a clue: Pressing a letter-key while falling the chute will unlock a certain "accessory" in the hall.
Nitro Crate
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2008, 01:57:53 PM »

I have no clue what I'm doing. Should I be listening for a chime or something if I press the right letter?
Blueberry
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2008, 02:16:51 PM »

Erm, you will notice it when you enter the hall, I should add a "bonus unlocked chime". I realise now that this guessing thing will be a bit to irritating.

Okay I'll give it away can't come up with any clue. Press B once while falling down the chute in the beginning (it is crucial to do it before you land) in order to make the grotesque boss a teeny bit more elegant.
Nitro Crate
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2008, 02:28:51 PM »

Press B once while falling down the chute in the beginning (it is crucial to do it before you land) in order to make the grotesque boss a teeny bit more elegant.
:D Gentleman
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2008, 03:18:54 PM »

WOOOo intellivision
 Kiss

I'm not playing yet because I have my own entry to finish but it's great.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
increpare
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2008, 03:23:33 PM »

Hah; that was a lot of fun Smiley

For some reason, the second time I tried to play it I couldn't set the chandelier-rope on fire Sad
Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2008, 07:24:25 PM »

I can't shake the feeling I would like it more if it didn't freeze my computer.

(Fighting Colossus, randomly, can't exit nor terminate, huge CPU usage, eventually freezes computer.)
cmspice
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2008, 08:59:06 PM »

wow umm. How do I beat this D:.

Also  Gentleman
ExciteMike
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2008, 09:39:03 PM »

It had a great forehead-slapping "ah ha" moment!  I never did figure out what game was being demade here though...

Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2008, 10:22:09 PM »

It had a great forehead-slapping "ah ha" moment!  I never did figure out what game was being demade here though...
Castlevania?

Seriously, though. I like your twist on the concept, and how you changed the ending to reflect what the player actually did.

Are the easter eggs as arbitrary as the boss costume one you revealed, or are there any clues (e.g. in the signs, feedback from hitting a hypothetically loose tile, obvious challenges like trying to collect the coins without being hit)?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 10:27:08 PM by Noyb » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic