Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411476 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58424 Members - Latest Member: FlyingFreeStudios

April 23, 2024, 04:00:55 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsBootleg Demakes[FINISHED] Advanced Set The Rope On Fire Cartridge [Intellivision]
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: [FINISHED] Advanced Set The Rope On Fire Cartridge [Intellivision]  (Read 76084 times)
UltraJMan
Level 0

Get some!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2008, 01:12:38 AM »

Took me forever to figure out how simple this really was, still awesome though and a unique take on it haha.
Blueberry
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2008, 03:36:40 AM »

Glad you like it  Grin

I updated the .exe now and I think I've solved these bugs:

Quote from: increpare
For some reason, the second time I tried to play it I couldn't set the chandelier-rope on fire Sad

Quote from: Cheater
(Fighting Colossus, randomly, can't exit nor terminate, huge CPU usage, eventually freezes computer.)

Terribly sorry for freezing your computer Cheater. The game has some Intellivision bugs like "flicker" on the edges of the screen while scrolling and also slowdown when the boss goes in to the shoot sequence (Lots of sprites for the poor Intellivision to handle)). I did the slowdown by decreasing the frame rate, which might be the cause of the crash. I took it away in this version as it was barely noticeable anyway.

Big thanks for reporting the bugs here so I can sort them out.
muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2008, 04:41:26 AM »

I'm starting to feel really stupid because I can't figure this out. I'm serious. And I beat the original Cry
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2008, 08:32:36 AM »

I expect there's an easter egg involving the red-crack through one of the windows. Any hints?  Grin
medieval
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2008, 08:55:05 AM »

I expect there's an easter egg involving the red-crack through one of the windows. Any hints?  Grin
That's not a crack. That's actually part of the fuse.
Blueberry
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2008, 09:44:58 AM »

Are the easter eggs as arbitrary as the boss costume one you revealed, or are there any clues (e.g. in the signs, feedback from hitting a hypothetically loose tile, obvious challenges like trying to collect the coins without being hit)?

No, there are no in-game clues. I've edited the first post so that there are clues to the first two eggs. I see that you have the brain of a detective young lad, you have definitely got something going with that talk about collecting coins. Though the challenge is far from logic.
Nitro Crate
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2008, 10:30:24 AM »

not collect any coins at all?

edit: is the french thing an Easter egg?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 11:36:02 AM by Nitro Crate » Logged
Blueberry
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2008, 11:40:01 AM »

not collect any coins at all?

edit: is the french thing an Easter egg?

Ehh, yeah.  Roll Eyes
Cheater‽
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2008, 04:40:54 PM »

Featured on PIGSCENE!
Nitro Crate
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2008, 06:17:43 PM »

The noob didn't even beat the game. What a nob. Psh, he calls himself indie.  Cool
cmspice
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2008, 07:21:09 PM »

Blueberry, would the fourth egg have anything to do with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tron_Deadly_Discs ?

And does the second egg require me to switch to a swedish keyboard. It didn't work when I tried it with a regular keyboard layout
muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2008, 07:45:57 PM »

Ahhh, I finally beat it, what a relief Wink
UltraJMan
Level 0

Get some!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2008, 08:29:30 PM »

Ahhh, I finally beat it, what a relief Wink

It took me and a friend on the phone at one in the morning, til two in the morning to figure it out. I'm pretty sure when we all figured it out we had the "oh god dammit...." moment realizing we just spent an hour attempting everything but the obvious.
Blueberry
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2008, 11:20:14 AM »

Blueberry, would the fourth egg have anything to do with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tron_Deadly_Discs ?

And does the second egg require me to switch to a swedish keyboard. It didn't work when I tried it with a regular keyboard layout

Now this is excellent detective work sir! It does have something to do with Tron Deadly Discs though that will not help you to unlock the game. The key is in the two word Deadly Dogs. Take a deep breath and say them out loud a couple of times. Listen to the nice ring they have. Let them sink in to your brain and let them tumble around with your thoughts. ...And search them on Google.

Do you find anything Intellivision related? Perhaps even a tutorial?

About the second egg; it does require swedish keyboard, yes, unless one uses some kind of virtual keyboard program I guess. But the egg is very local anyway. Swedish political satire is probably not very interesting abroad  Wink.

Quote from: chippermonky
It didn't work when I tried it with a regular keyboard layout
Just out of plain curiosity, you did not go through all letter keys did you?  Shocked

Again, thanks for all the comments!  Grin
muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2008, 11:40:44 AM »

Woohoo, the Cure Sick Panda minigame! I found it!

It's very unforgiving though... Huh?
cmspice
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2008, 12:04:03 PM »

I didn't try every key. I kinda assumed it was the m key although I just went back and looked at the wikipedia page on swedish keyboards and realized I made a mistake so now I have no idea what key it is. I'm more interested in finding the deadly dogs thing.
cmspice
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2008, 12:11:25 PM »

wooohoo, found it :D. It's hard D:
Blueberry
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2008, 02:34:57 PM »

Added a video Walkthrough to the first post. Only for frustrated players who get head ache from not winning this game.

Woohoo, the Cure Sick Panda minigame! I found it!

It's very unforgiving though... Huh?
Co-creator Seviss wants to point out that he was not part of making the bonus game. It is hard to be more rewarding each time you come further ahead then before.
Nitro Crate
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2008, 04:38:00 PM »

Is it possible to win the sick panda minigame?
Like is there some shoot key that I'm missing. :S
shinygerbil
Blew Blow (Loved It)
Level 10

GET off your horse

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2008, 04:42:07 PM »

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2008/09/01/demaking-the-rope-burning/

Congrats, that's some good coverage! Smiley

olücæbelel
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print