Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 06:44:26 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsChopper Mike - 60fps Arcade Helicopter Game for iPhone/iPad/Android/OUYA!/PC/Mac
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Chopper Mike - 60fps Arcade Helicopter Game for iPhone/iPad/Android/OUYA!/PC/Mac  (Read 27014 times)
razu
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2012, 01:32:32 AM »

Well, that's uncool!! I'll have a look see. But it works on my PC in Chrome, and on Mac... Grrrrrrr....  :D

I've removed any input axes, in case they were affecting things, and am now letting you use any key on the bottom row, or space, for power. And adding WASD for direction. As some keys cancel each other out on keyboards...

Will post back when new version is up...

razu
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2012, 01:47:38 AM »

Updated! Please try again!!

razu
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2012, 10:21:59 AM »

This is how I did the chopper sound, (before editing it a bit): 

DustyDrake
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2012, 11:33:13 AM »

Hooray, working controls!
Anyways, just played through all the levels, and right now I can't see a difference between the different copters (other than the pro copter might go up faster, and the double rotor copter is larger)

razu
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2012, 11:55:22 AM »

Really...!? I made the Beginner chopper SUPER slow as people were having problems controlling the Pro chopper! Double Rotor is mainly for comedy, but is a bit quicker than the Beginner. Check your times, Pro should be super fast once you get the hang of it.

I'll add in some more choppers, and another 20 or so levels, and then think about releasing it. Base game will be free, and I'll charge for levels and non-essential vanity objects. I'm thinking a one-off charge to get all levels I ever put out, and a straight fee for packs of customisations. So, if you like the base game, you only have to pay once for additional levels, and you'll get to PLAY everything. But if you'd like a red hat... well that costs more, and you'll be supporting development of game #2!  :D

razu
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2012, 11:57:16 AM »

Updated Mike model:

Quite getting into Blender. It's a bugger for hiding features in the UI! But I've found enough to get by now  :D

DustyDrake
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2012, 12:03:58 PM »

Really...!? I made the Beginner chopper SUPER slow as people were having problems controlling the Pro chopper! Double Rotor is mainly for comedy, but is a bit quicker than the Beginner. Check your times, Pro should be super fast once you get the hang of it.
Huh, guess so.

razu
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2012, 12:08:04 PM »

Well, aside from the chopper differences, did you enjoy it? What were your first impressions?

DustyDrake
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2012, 12:19:09 PM »

It's a fun little game, the only real challenge I felt was during the moving red openings one, but I only died twice or so, and when I did succeed, I flew right through all of the openings without stopping.

razu
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2012, 12:24:24 PM »

The levels in the game so far are the training levels. Little bits of what will make up the final levels... that I haven't made yet.

I'd say you're right up the hardcore end of players, as most people empty themselves at the sight of the moving red pillars.

But fear not, the later levels should be the most swear-inducing levels ever made. And, through the beauty of updates, if it's not hard enough, I can add even harder levels  :D

That's cool though, thank you. My biggest worry is making it too difficult, so people stop playing early. Making it harder is no problem  :D

Thanks for the feedback!

razu
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2012, 01:21:05 AM »

Gameplay video!!

Game runs at 60 frames per second, for that silky feedback. Video is somewhat less...

It's good when you can't stop playing your own game!!  :D

John Hutchinson
Level 0

Code Monkey Go Bananas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2012, 01:40:43 PM »

Glad to see you're still working on this.  Keep up the good work!

"Code banana. Run in loop. Makes many banana!"
[email protected] | Blog | Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn
razu
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2012, 12:49:18 AM »

Yep, nearly there!

New video:

Going to be at the indie meet-em-up tomorrow, if anyone's going you can play Chopper Mike there!!  :D

razu
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2012, 09:34:34 AM »

Meet-up went awesome! Lots of feedback!

I've been working on the look.

Here are the new shots:

This is the paint shader:

And this is the environment shader:

Still all running at 60 frames per second on iOS and the Android devices I have. Yay!!  Smiley

Going to put a sky texture in tonight. It's nearly there!!  :D

razu
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2012, 01:29:03 PM »

I have a sky!! Two blended gradients in photoshop  :D

IPhone 4S shots...

In my opinion... it looks beautiful on iPhone 4S. The screen and the colours are totally lush!!

razu
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2012, 01:44:32 PM »

Chopper Mike gameplay video time...! 60 frames per second, fully pixel lit arcade action, on a Samsung Galaxy S2! Also works on iPhone 4/4S/5, iPad and Android tablets too!

I decided to do a real life recording instead of a screen capture as it actually shows you playing the game, with your fingers!

Here it is...

I know I made it, but I can't get over how cool it is to bank the chopper round a corner to pick up a gem, it's so satisfying, and looks like a little toy chopper!

The menus are in flux... all going to be changed. And I know it says 'shop' but that's coming out. 99p and the whole game is yours!

If anyone wants to test on iPhone 4/4S/5 or iPad, just PM me your apple id email address.

VAMflax...!!  :D

razu
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2012, 10:39:05 PM »

Really need to update Mike! All the other pixels have been treated to lovely lighting, but Mike's just plainly shaded...

Going to make a new chopper too, maybe tonight. Be nice to fly something new. Maybe with flashing lights like aircraft have  :D  :D  :D

razu
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2012, 08:34:21 AM »

Chopper Mike on Nexus 7. Great size for gaming...!! Very impressed with this little device.

razu
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2012, 12:54:23 AM »

Right then, how do I stylise this to fit Mike...

:D

razu
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2012, 03:12:58 AM »

New web-playable demo is available, at http://vamflax.com/.

Use the Preview button on the level select screen to view all the levels, you can only play world 1 and 2 in the demo.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic