Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 02:14:22 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsHiddenThe DromeValley of the DeadGame ClubTIGS Game Club: Umihara Kawase
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: TIGS Game Club: Umihara Kawase  (Read 6227 times)
cystem glitch
Level 2

wack

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2012, 07:23:57 PM »

shortcuts. Is this like Kid Chameleon where you have all sorts of alternate paths, or are these just warp zones that push you ahead to later fields?
there are alternate paths, a hard to reach door might catapult you to level 40 or something, but the doors there can lead backwards. The very first playthrough I did for the game club I started out doing all the hardest doors I could do and I don't remember the exact progression but I fought like no bosses and didn't hit any of these nearly impossible situations I keep coming across on subsequent plays.

Also, I got in that door on the descending platforms in one of the early levels, nothing to special behind it and it was kind of hard - I had to do a swing from off the ledge next to the easy door in the upper right.

You told me, never to limit myself to one style...to use any move that works...TO KEEP AN OPEN MIND!
cystem glitch
Level 2

wack

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2012, 06:23:39 PM »

for anyone interested this is my path of least resistance to beat it:

field 0 > 1 > 2 (left door)> 10 (swing over underneath to lower right door)> 11 (door above easy door, not dropping platform door) > 18 > 23 (skip most of level and go through upper right door) > 24 (go through pull up blocks to upper right door, a bitch of a sheer ascension w/ really shitty enemy spawns. use a little english on the corner to get a little height, then it's the normal sheer wall stuff just be SUPER patient if an enemy spawns)> 42 > 34 > 46 > 47 > 48 > 56 (crab boss - didn't remember this from first playthrough, I was thinking there were no bosses this way but there is one I guess) > 57 > ?

You told me, never to limit myself to one style...to use any move that works...TO KEEP AN OPEN MIND!
Aik
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2012, 07:40:11 PM »

By chance, I've been playing this recently. Crazy game.

Just to point out, there's an official recent release of this for the DS. The levels seem fairly different - it also includes the SNES version.
rdein
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2012, 11:50:29 AM »

the DS version is just the PSX + SNES version bundled in a single package.
SirNiko
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2012, 12:15:27 PM »

The levels with glass in them are breaking me. I got past the part where you grapple underneath the glass floor, but then I reached a part with a vertical shaft with a glass block at the bottom. If I could get a little higher, I could climb it, but I can't make any headway from a dead stop at the bottom.
cystem glitch
Level 2

wack

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2012, 11:44:27 PM »

This game has so many paths, there are at least two levels I've found that have 3 possible exits, in addition to the more common forking levels with two exits. I have been playing down some more of these paths and I came to field 49 which is exactly like field 1, except two of the conveyor belts run backwards and there are no enemies. The level plays a lot differently with just the conveyor belt change, until you get to the exit and it is barred (boss fight). It was just crazy because usually with the boss levels it was obvious right away that there was a giant boss there but this level lulls you into a sneak attack. The boss plays a lot different than other bosses too, it's 3 different waves of schools of fish. Each individual fish is weak and can be bagged the usual way, but when they come at you all at once in whichever formation that wave is in they are formidable. Anyway, a couple of levels after that and I found my second ending.

Next I will try and find one of the paths to that stupid ice level, the last time I got there I just quit but I think I might be better now.

cystem glitch
Level 2

wack

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2012, 12:09:03 AM »

The levels with glass in them are breaking me. I got past the part where you grapple underneath the glass floor, but then I reached a part with a vertical shaft with a glass block at the bottom. If I could get a little higher, I could climb it, but I can't make any headway from a dead stop at the bottom.

I think I just beat this part, if it's the same part. It's after the 2nd almost impossible form of the tadpole boss, and there are pink latchable blocks that recede in succession so that you have to swing quickly over to the left, then you try fruitlessly to swing yourself off one of the receding blocks to swing up the left side and try and climb up the ice block, but you are always just a few pixels shy of catching the edge. The first time I ever got here I just quit. But this time I figured it out! You have to delay a bit, so that you swing up RIGHT when the block is receding. Literally at the last instant possible. That little extra bit of motion from the block as it recedes and the few extra pixels of lift it gives you then makes the very same swing that was just a few pixels short juuust right. From there you just have to wrestle your nerves so you don't die on one of the copious enemy spawns (it's the little flinger guys and they are everywhere!) but there are no more real trick swings, and if you make it to the door - it's an ending!

This game has definitely hooked me

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic