Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411480 Posts in 69369 Topics- by 58426 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 23, 2024, 10:01:53 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioTIGSource Musical Challenge X - The Tide Turns (Tejas Shroff wins)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: TIGSource Musical Challenge X - The Tide Turns (Tejas Shroff wins)  (Read 2399 times)
VDZ
Level 4

My post is there read that instead ->

View Profile WWW
« on: July 16, 2012, 08:11:09 PM »

The rules:
-I (the host) will provide a theme for the challenge.
-You will be given THREE WEEKs to compose one song with said theme.
-The song must be a new track made for this challenge.
-You will post your song HERE, in the official challenge thread.
-Other participants will listen to your song. You will listen to other participants' songs. Critique will be had.
-A winner will be chosen by the host.
-The winner will host the next challenge.

Challenge Theme: The Tide Turns
All hope seems lost. The enemy is about to take the country. The rebels are about to be crushed by the government's soldiers. The demon lord is about to activate the magic artifact that will destroy the world.
But then, at the last moment...reinforcements arrive. Friends who had been captured by the government appear alive and well to assist the rebels. Former enemies come to the scene, uniting forces with the protagonists to save the world from the greatest evil.
A heroic music starts playing. The tide has finally turned! The hero once again takes up his sword, and charges at his enemies with all his might. The decisive battle has started! Full of confidence, our heroes charge into battle to end it once and for all.

You will be making the positive music that starts playing when the tides have finally turned and the protagonists have regained their hope and courage. There's no limit regarding length or anything like that, just the 'tide has turned' theme (which also does not necessarily have to be a physical battle - it's also fine if it's about a lawyer proving his client innocent despite all odds, or a guy winning a card game, as long as you can make it sound awesome).

Bonus point for briefly describing the situation where the tides have just turned.

Deadline: Tuesday August 7th, 0:00 AM (that means midnight from Monday to Tuesday)

Previous challenges:
IX - RPG Battle Theme
VIII - Memories
VII - Continue...?
VI - Descent into Madness!
V - Combat
IV - The Roller-coaster!
III - Investigating a Crime
II - One Instrument/Sound Only
I - One-Note Bassline
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 07:34:48 AM by VDZ » Logged
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 08:11:48 AM »

Alright, let's do this.

Aamp
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 09:45:39 AM »

Sounds cool, will try!

LiamSauve
Level 0

Gnar

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 07:02:02 AM »

Sounds like a good time. On it!

Lauchsuppe
Level 3

hruabp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 09:51:35 AM »

hopefully i will find some time this time. the theme is rather interesting
mono
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 10:26:00 AM »

Awfully quiet in this thread. I haven't had to work on anything myself.

HDSanctum
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2012, 07:52:44 PM »

Oh interesting theme, maybe I can finish something this time Shocked
LiamSauve
Level 0

Gnar

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 08:52:48 AM »

I'd say I'm about halfway there. Working a bit here or there as I go. Hope to enter it in a few days.

Tejas Shroff
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2012, 07:50:14 AM »

Hi Guys,
   This is my entry for the competition:
   http://soundcloud.com/musicore-studios/the-tides-have-turned

Scenario: The tyrant king is just about to take total control of the entire world. He and his evil minions have almost covered the surface of the earth with their pure evilness. All of a sudden, heroes from all parts of the world band together. They beat their drums as they take a final stand and fight for their people, and their world. Hope gleams into their eyes as they constantly slash through enemy forces. The tide has turned! The people (meaning ordinary people. ie, peasants, mothers, children) are so inspired by their hero's actions that they also get up and fight. The battle is finally won!

Thanks for listening!

MusikTrack
Get On Track
www.musiktrack.com.com
VDZ
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2012, 02:01:28 PM »

Just a friendly reminder: The deadline is in 24 hours. If you were working on something, finish it and post it within 24 hours.
Oh crap, I just realized I never specified a time zone for the deadline. That's beyond stupid of me...I was planning on using GMT, but I guess with no time zone specified it would be reasonable to assume forum time. I guess that places the deadline 34 hours from now.
E-Rock
Level 0

A Robott

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2012, 04:12:56 PM »

Ok so, I've put this off for too long, because of being busy on other stuff for the past few weeks.  But I've been able to begin work on something today... and hopefully I'll be able to submit something before the deadline.  So yea.  I'll try my best to get something done in the next 8 hours. 

Anyway, great submission, Tejas!  I like the symphonic sounds a lot.  I need a better symphonic library at my disposal.

Audio Engineer/Songwriter
-Eric
Tejas Shroff
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2012, 05:38:42 PM »

Thanks E-Rock! Really glad you liked my work. Looking forward to hearing your submission!

MusikTrack
Get On Track
www.musiktrack.com.com
Aamp
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2012, 07:53:24 PM »

Aw damn, I got started on a whole pile of chain reaction time consuming crap.  First found Colecovision and SegaCD at a thrift store, then tore apart the living room trying to get them plus other consoles hooked up to one tv somehow.  Next thing I know I'm soldering cables, back into jerry rigging mode and I have an antique engine out of an old truck with the head off for a 1960 car.  My family greets me like someone they only see at X-mas, the cat's wall-kicking like Mega Man X flipping out doing flips for attention..  Ok, so no entry from me this round.

Sorry for the long winded excuse lol, but good luck to all who compete!

VDZ
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2012, 07:32:51 AM »

Well, with only one entry, Tejas Shroff's 'The Tides Have Turned' has won.

I like how the track gives a real impression of a long conflict that's finally coming to an end, with the heroes as victors. I'm bad at typing up long paragraphs of description so I'll just leave it at that.

Tejas Shroff will now be in charge of hosting the next challenge. I'll repost the advice KomradeJack gave about it last thread:
-Keep the challenge simple and easy to understand
-Give everyone a good amount of time to do the contest
-Advertise the contest to keep new blood incoming
-Don't do a contest in the middle of a holiday
I'll also add, as there seems to be a correlation between challenge success and length:
-Consider specifying a maximum length, shorter is better. (The most successful challenge so far was for a 30-second loop, and the other 30-second challenge was also reasonably successful, while all challenges with no length specified except for the first few did not receive many entries.)
Tejas Shroff
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2012, 07:53:43 AM »

Thanks guys! I just wish there were more entries. And thanks VDZ for the advice on hosting the next competition!

MusikTrack
Get On Track
www.musiktrack.com.com
E-Rock
Level 0

A Robott

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2012, 10:41:56 AM »

Congrats, Tejas! 

I sadly wasn't able to finish up my song last night.  I have it outlined, but it still needs a ton of work before I'd be comfortable showing it off... but I do intend on finishing it up anyway.  And I'll get right on top of the next challenge immediately. 

Audio Engineer/Songwriter
-Eric
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic