Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 25, 2024, 12:22:06 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperAudioAnyone looking for some free sound design or game music?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Anyone looking for some free sound design or game music?  (Read 4307 times)
commathe
Level 0

View Profile
« on: August 31, 2008, 10:41:44 AM »

Hey, I'm looking to start making music and do sound design for games to kill some of my spare time and give me some new perspectives on making music generally. I will work for free on absolutely anything because I'm just out to have fun. So if you want music or sound design done for your game, send me a message and we can discuss what you want and I'll do my best to help you out.

Looking forward to working with some of you,
Commathe

p.s. Also to prove that I can actually make music here's two sample loops. One with a sort of space exploration theme (slightly inspired by the msuic from Knytt) and another generic FF clone "In the peaceful home village" music. Actual tunes will be of much higher quality though because I wont have knocked them together as examples in less time than it takes to listen to them.
medieval
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 10:48:18 AM »

Why did you open the same thread twice? It's as if you're treating us as retards WTF
commathe
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 01:11:49 PM »

More that I wasn't sure which forum to put it in and which it would best be seen. I'm sure if there is an issue the moderators can bin one.
policedanceclub
Level 10

POLICEDANCECLUB

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 01:12:26 PM »

You should introduce yourself in the appropriate thread, so that you wont appear evil.
muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 02:13:15 PM »

You should introduce yourself in the appropriate thread, so that you wont appear evil.

Oh come on, he's offering his collaboration for free here, that's hardly evil. It's not like he's trying to sell us anything. Though of course an introduction can't hurt Smiley (says the man who hasn't introduced himself in that thread, ever.)

@commathe:
Do you also have some samples of your sound design work? I might get back to you on this Wink
commathe
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 03:19:08 PM »

Sound design is something much newer to me, so I don't have any examples of work. I'm seeing it much more as a puzzle where I've got something to accomplish and I have to find a way to do it! :D

Basically, tell me what you're looking for and I'll try my best. It's free, and if it sucks it a waste of my time more than yours!
muku
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 06:47:09 PM »

Well, I only had this game idea for which I would need sounds yesterday or so, and I don't want to talk about it yet because it's possible that I won't have the time to work on it soon. But I'll certainly contact you if I do make it!
qubodup
Level 1

icons?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 11:30:16 AM »

Hey there commathe, nice of you to offer your time and sweat!

I want to introduce a platformer/shoot-em up project, which is open source and complete but lacks sounds.

The reason for the absence of sfx is due to a discussion, in which was proclaimed that the sounds used in the game so far were possibly non-free (they were taken from DOWNLOAD FREEE!!! SOUNDS pages)

There is the homepage of the project. Unfortunately there are no windows (nor linux nor mac) binaries available, after the sounds were declared non-free.

You can take a look at the

(mute in the first ~20 seconds).

I was thinking of browsing pdsounds.org and freesound.org sometime and asking people on freesound to release their sounds under free licenses if I find anything fit to replace sounds in blob wars.

The old and probably non-free sounds are in the source archive though. In case you're interested in what kind of sounds need replacement (though the video above will give you some hints on that too).

If you want to play it before judging whether or not you want to do sounds for it, tell so and I'll try to compile it for you (you are on a windows system, right?).
commathe
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 03:22:51 AM »

Messaged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic