Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 12:38:48 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsA Man's Quest (8-bit style zen platformer)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: A Man's Quest (8-bit style zen platformer)  (Read 6069 times)
DrunkDevs
Level 1

Drink beer and make games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2012, 01:18:08 PM »

I’m excited to announce today that A Man’s Quest has entered the beta stage of development. All the content for the game has been made and now needs testing for and bugs that can be found. I would recommend to anyone interested in playing the beta build of the game play it in Firefox browser. Currently Game Maker Studio only supports scaled graphics in Firefox, so when played in any other browser the graphics come out blurry. When the game finally releases there will also be a non browser version for windows as well. Oh and if while playing the game you run into a bug where you get stuck in the environment, just press U to restart the level. This bug is hard for me to find, so I would appreciate any reports I can get.

Major changes between this build and the last are:
-Completely remade soundtrack (Thanks to 8th Mode Music for doing all the composition)
-New title screen and other graphical improvements
-Thin ar now speldid corect. (this should have been done way sooner, but at least it’s now done.)
-Other small fixes.

Want more Drunk Devs?
DrunkDevs.com / Facebook / Twitter

Current Devlog:
Kegbot
DrunkDevs
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2012, 04:17:50 PM »

I was beginning to think this day would never come, but we are finally here. Today marks the official launch of “A Man’s Quest”. Thank you all so much for all the feedback I have gotten over the months, I have appreciated all of it. Check out the original post for all the juicy launch details, and if you like the game, be sure to share it on facebook, or mention it on twitter. This has been a lot of fun doing this devlog here, and I hope you will give the game a try.
-DrunkDevs

Want more Drunk Devs?

Current Devlog:
Kegbot
Windybeard
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2012, 04:45:04 PM »

Just finished it, great little game! i love the little surprise at the end!  Wink

poe
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2012, 05:26:28 PM »

I'll be trying this tomorrow, looks awesome!
DrunkDevs
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2012, 09:38:09 PM »

Thank you for the positive words everyone. Oh, and if you have a gamejolt account and feel like giving it a rating, you can throw it right here. Thanks

Want more Drunk Devs?

Current Devlog:
Kegbot
Aaron
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2012, 11:21:48 PM »

Just played through it, nice little game, especially liked the visuals!
dukope
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2012, 12:53:46 AM »

Same here. Played to the end and enjoyed it. Fun, light platformer. I actually quite liked the story too. Nice work!

JaJ
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2012, 04:30:05 AM »

I played through it as well. It was pretty easy. (That's why it's a zen platformer I guess?) But part of that is because the controls were really nice. Also loved the style and music.

Near the beginning there was a bit of dialogue that didn't fit the box, that's the only problem I found.

DrunkDevs
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2012, 01:43:45 PM »

So this will most likely be my last post in the A Man's Quest devlog. I want to thank everyone again for all your help and support. This has been a lot of fun I will be starting on a new project very soon.

I leave you with a video postmortem for A Man's Quest. Enjoy.

Want more Drunk Devs?

Current Devlog:
Kegbot
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic