Certainly looks interesting. I like roguelike-likes. (I've even just released one
- I didn't get at first how turret worked. I tried to use it as a weapon, and only after some time I understood that I need to use ability to spawn it first. Possible solution - block selection as a weapon of there is no turret present. Though I'm not sure why there is manual control. Isn't point of turret to shoot by itself? Thought, would be neat if it chose targets some smart way - closest to player, or strongest, or weakest. Love turrets in games too, by the way.
- Abilities feel too alike. Would be neat if lighting would be a chain lightning, gum would have a bigger area of effect(or that is what levels are for?), etc
- Default gun is too weak and enemies are too numerous, and they keep spawning so game feels grindy
- It is not clear at first if you can destroy spawners. Especially weird situation with holes and slimes. I mean you shoot at hole, and it eventually closes?
- I find gun sound a bit annoying. Even if it's a placeholder.
- I've played few times, but got stuck twice - once I level started behind gates, with no key nor keyhole near. After playing some more, I understand that slimes can drop keys, but that is not what I would expect from non important trash mobs, maybe I just spoiled by game tropes, but it's usually some special enemies who have keys, so I restarted. Second there were destructible wall, but I've spent mana on killing slimes. Again I haven't seen them left mana thingy after death, so I just hit "M".
- There should be more notable feedback for when player is hurt
- I have found coffee bean and everything gone dark(
) What kind of treasure is this?
- There is no instruction that spacebar is for buying. And it seems weird buying from no one
I guess most of this stuff is there because it's alpha.
Keep it up, game looks promising!
Excellent feedback, tequibo.
Turrets currently work by targeting the closest enemy to themselves. I included the manual targeting system so that the player can focus the turrets on a particularly troublesome enemy. Sort of like an instakill
, if you will.
I'm planning on adding more features to the turrets; such as leveling, different ammo types, etc.
The abilities are quite alike for the time being. A leveling system for the abilities has been implemented but I have yet to saturate it with features. I like the idea of chain lightning and I will surely find a way to implement it.
Note that the game is still in alpha, and, thus, everything is unbalanced. I understand what you mean by grindy
. Fear not, this will be fixed.
Sound effects are still being worked on.
In the level where you started behind gates with no keyhole nearby you had to close the three spawners to lower the gates, but, alas, the player has no way of knowing this. This has been noted, and will be revised.
Feedback for when the player is hurt has been noted.
That "coffee bean" was one of the curse
tomes (powerups) I've added in the game. It's supposed to turn the difficulty up a notch by covering the screen in a shroud of darkness.
I'll find a way to teach the player that the spacebar is for purchasing items. You raise an interesting point, tequibo. Who exactly is the hero buying these items from? I'll think of something.
I appreciate your informative feedback.