Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 02:14:47 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsBootleg DemakesProtobytes [FINISHED]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Protobytes [FINISHED]  (Read 22558 times)
seregrail7
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2008, 01:12:26 AM »

I thought this looked excellent, but the physics broke the illusion of it being made for an old system.
scytos
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2008, 03:58:19 AM »

It's really great to see that people liked it. Thanks for all the nice comments. Smiley

We are thinking of working on a post-competition version of the game some time in the future (with sounds/music and some bug fixes, possibly new features), so if you have anything you'd like to see in the game, please say so.

seregrail7: About the physics, we chose not to be too strict on being retro. We started off with "retro" in mind, but about 1/4th of the way, we realized that making something more retro would limit us in ways we didn't want, especially when demaking a game that is so physics oriented, so we decided to relax on "retro" and focus on fun. It's still a 3d-to-2d demake, though.

Please keep the feedback coming, especially if it's helpful for a future version. Smiley
increpare
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2008, 04:10:01 AM »

I thought this looked excellent, but the physics broke the illusion of it being made for an old system.
The main thing that stood out for me as seeming a bit odd was the spline connecting me and my cursor.  You could make it look a little nicer maybe without too much trouble.
medieval
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2008, 06:31:38 AM »

That was pretty fun.
Oracle
Pixelhead
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2008, 11:21:39 AM »

Oh, this was exellent, i havent actually played the original, tho i've seen videos of it...and it seems to have captured the original feeling perfectly.

It was a bit hard playing with a touch pad, (obviously), but the fun factor was still there...i would like an "easy" mode, where the Protobytes take longer to dissapear...since that kinda frustrated me a bit.

Graphics were great (a few nitpicks here and there) and its a shame about the music & sfx...i really missed those.

Looking forward to an update, this was one of my favourites  Beer!
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2008, 01:16:05 PM »

Wow awesome, and I had never heard of that game before Beer!

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
increpare
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2008, 03:13:37 PM »

There was one other thing...I really enjoyed the indoor levels a lot more than the outdoor ones (though they had their moments, as I've mentioned before); there's something cool about messing up someone's house that tossing signs about doesn't quite match.  Poking through stuff...man...yeah...fun Smiley
Reecer6
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2008, 04:13:32 PM »

What you NEED is an option to play all levels for unlimited time with no stopping point after you beat the whole game! it also needs at least one more level.
The Ivy
Level 1

Offices in Miragia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2008, 03:47:45 PM »

Wow, I'm surprised this game doesn't have more comments. It was wonderfully fun to play, and you can't go wrong with cute and colourful.

The gameplay was bizarre (in a good way), although it probably wouldn't seem that way if I knew more about the original. The art reminded me a bit of a shareware game I used to have...you were a kid with a slingshot killing zombies and rescuing animals in cages...for some reason I can't think of the name. Anyway, that was a compliment. Wink 

Edit: Monster Bash! That's the game I was thinking of. There was one level where you just hopped on a big long couch the whole time. 
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 03:54:17 PM by The Ivy » Logged
Reecer6
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2008, 06:24:59 AM »

Now that I've actualy played the game, you should add those hidden pink elebits that unlock modes.
scytos
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2008, 06:04:22 AM »

Thanks for all the comments and the votes! Smiley

We've recently started working on the updated version of the game. We appreciate every suggestion (spline improvement, easy mode, free mode, extra level, mode unlocking protobytes - hope I didn't miss any) and we'll do our best to implement them, plus a few extras. Wink Music and sounds will be included this time, of course.
increpare
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2008, 06:29:21 AM »

Very happy to hear this Smiley
Reecer6
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2008, 07:43:31 PM »

ohhh! add the second boss! (Gravity Elebit)
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic