My initial feedback!
What I liked:
- Unity 3D engine 8-)
- Equipping upto four weapons at a time
- Double jump and air-dashing
- Interesting set-up
- Stuff breaks!
What could use additional work
- Choppy performance even on lower resolutions and "fastest setting" (This could be because of my laptop configuration, will send dxdiag in case you're interested)
- Controls lack fluidity and shooting doesn't feel tight enough.
- Some of the enemies don't stand out enough for me and sorta blend into the background (especially the ones on the opposite side, I always seem to miss those)
- Gun sounds can be a bit better, shotgun is lacking that oomph
- Maybe a minor problem. The scene transitioning in the beginning is a good idea, but the loading time between the cutscene into gameplay kills it for me.
Not many side-scrolling action games on Steam that I can think of (Shoot Many Robots and A.R.E.S. are the only ones that come to mind), so its nice to have more options. Are you guys planning to add co-op for this?
Thank you! that's great feedback!
It would be great if you can send us your dxdiag, I think the problem your frame rate issue might be that the laptop card doesnt support shader model 3, that could bring down the performance quite a bit. We are working on a solution to that, but in the meantime please try it with a Direct x 9.0c compatible card, there should be a world of difference in gameplay and fluidity. (although we are still working on the crosshair system so it works just right)
BTW We are working on an update for this demo and it should be up in our site soon (also on steam hopefully) as well as more news for development and eventually the multiplayer closed beta
(is still early but is coming eventually)www.militantgame.com