I'm dreaming about massive multiplayer online simulation which is built around RPG system.
And this is about "Shipwreck
There would be hundreeds of islands (or maybe one bigger continents with smaller islands around / server) and you would start on the beach shipwrecked. There won't be any NPCs in general (or none at all at start) everything that should be there is you and other real people online. From there you should continue your way up to the island as you want.
- Examine flora an animals on the island
- Find out what is consumable and what not
- What is poisoned what not
- Find clear water
- Start seeding consumable plants
- Chop wood and build buildings
- Make boats, pikes and more
- Quarry stone and make your first money valute
- Explore more island and new small islands around
- Survive : drink and eat
- Start making first cloths
- MAKE A CIVILIZATION!
All that and many more, simple put - have free will and all paths open to start small.
I'm sure this is great idea for an awesome big game but I know it's hard even for big companies with huge budget to make something like that. Game design itself is tricky as I don't know what.