Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411507 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 26, 2024, 07:27:39 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTemple of Lunarius - Metroidvania
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Temple of Lunarius - Metroidvania  (Read 14418 times)
Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2012, 11:59:17 PM »

Templ of Lunarius is an upcoming metroidvania made in collaboration with Quarry and Mrmo Tarius (from PixelJoint)

« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 07:06:42 AM by Quarry » Logged
_Grey
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 12:20:31 AM »

oh god, it looks fantastic! i love the graphics... i'll follow this project

Cellusious
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 12:41:46 AM »

Looks great,
the biggest (and only) problem is that there is too much stuff, and there isn't much clarification what and what isn't a background object. Contrast.  Smiley

Uykered
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 01:01:09 AM »

wow wtf, this looks cool!

I agree with above though, would be nice to have a lot more clarification/distinction between background/foreground in the colouring.
JobLeonard
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 01:18:48 AM »

Dose pixels... The Bitmap Brothers would be proud!
Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 01:25:43 AM »

I've heard about the FG/BG problem quite a lot. I'm planning on applying a darkening "filter" on the background the draw the foreground on top of it.
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 01:41:25 AM »

graphics blew my mind. best of luck with this!

btw, are these actual in-game screens or mockups?
Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2012, 02:16:30 AM »

All of them are in-game screenshots, I cropped out the borders for the thread
s0
o
Level 10

eurovision winner 2014

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2012, 02:47:26 AM »

awesome!
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2012, 04:15:35 AM »

The art looks very visually confusing, it's difficult for me to tell what everything is and it looks more designed for appearance than playability! D:

That's fine if you're making stuff for appearance only, but ..
Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2012, 06:48:07 AM »

It's extremely easy to distinguish moving objects from the background in motion. I'm working on getting a video up as soon as I can so that I can show what is going on
Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2012, 06:59:35 AM »

I did a mini-mockup of what it should look like in the end
emacs
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2012, 07:02:15 AM »

Hand Thumbs Up LeftKissHand Thumbs Up Right

iEnjoyFreeBacon
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2012, 07:02:51 AM »

I got a 8=====D when I saw these colors...art looks really good

You prolly are I doubt?
Bandreus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2012, 07:57:33 AM »

I love the look of this, the pixels are sweet. But I do agree with others' concerns about foreground and background blending a bit too much. I do get what you mean in regards to telling things apart when they're moving, but I still think the game should read as much as possible. Maybe try playing around with pallets for what's back and what's not in order to enhance contrast just a tad.

Oh, and i LOVE how most of the stuff is x times larger than the player's character. Can't wait for a vid and more info about how the game works. Following!

Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2012, 08:05:02 AM »

I love the look of this, the pixels are sweet. But I do agree with others' concerns about foreground and background blending a bit too much. I do get what you mean in regards to telling things apart when they're moving, but I still think the game should read as much as possible. Maybe try playing around with pallets for what's back and what's not in order to enhance contrast just a tad.

Oh, and i LOVE how most of the stuff is x times larger than the player's character. Can't wait for a vid and more info about how the game works. Following!

I posted a mockup 3 posts before yours, what's your opinion on that?

and buttons (main menu wasn't my first concern about the game) and in-game screenshotter (F3)

Bandreus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2012, 09:01:30 AM »

I posted a mockup 3 posts before yours, what's your opinion on that?

and buttons (main menu wasn't my first concern about the game) and in-game screenshotter (F3)

It looks much better for sure. Those walls being darker, make it much easier to read which ones are in the back and which ones in the front. Only if you can spare the time and resources during the development process, I would suggest using entirely different (or by the very least heavily edited) assets let the player tell apart bg and fg more easily.

Looks gorgeous anyways, keep up the amazing work.

Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2012, 09:30:18 AM »

There's been a lot more created than I've publicy published so I don't think that a recreation is possible in any way
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2012, 09:32:36 AM »

oh, I saw this a bit back a few days ago on indiedb...I think. is there a beta or anything or demo? It looks neat-o.

+1 !

play hydlide 2
Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2012, 09:33:50 AM »

I didn't even get a video up, I don't think that any form of demo is coming in a long while

EDIT: I actually tested CamStudio with recording the main menu fancies, it took me 20~ takes to get the recording region, quality, framerate and such. Then I noticed that none of the recordings were saved because I didn't set a directory.  Cry
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 10:09:58 AM by Quarry » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic