Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411509 Posts in 69375 Topics- by 58430 Members - Latest Member: Jesse Webb

April 26, 2024, 11:37:48 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingPerpetua
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Perpetua  (Read 2354 times)
Sheepolution
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: August 21, 2012, 10:27:38 AM »

Download

This game was made for miniLD #36, that was a while ago, but I wondered why I hadn't post it here yet. The theme was Contrasts. Now this game isn't about colors, but let me quote Folis (host of that miniLD)
What do I mean with ‘Contrasts’?
I mean everything!

Be it graphics (i. e. green on red), physics (Think magnets) or the gameplay (Die to win). Else, just go crazy and make something that’s the total opposite of a usual game!

So I went for that last one, and created Perpetua, a game that is the opposite of a usual game.

So even though this is a short, weird game, I'm really proud of what I made. I'm starting to pay more attention to details, and I think I just created something that's.. okay. I dunno, but this is a game that makes me happy when I think of what I created.

This is a puzzle game, try to figure out the puzzle by yourself. Don't get yourself spoiled by the comments. I would also like the comments to be as less-spoiling as possible. Thanks.

Have fun!

PS: All programming (with some help) is done by me, all graphics by me, I got the music from Newgrounds.

Made with Game Maker
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 08:49:35 AM by Sheep » Logged

Walt
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 11:52:19 AM »

had me grin the whole time through, loved it Smiley
Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 01:34:01 AM »

Nice idea. Is it possible to beat?

When fighting the boss, the only thing that seems to have any effect is what got me into the battle in the first place, and that only gives him time to hit me. It's not particularly fun when there are no hints as to whether or not you're playing right. I'm guessing that I just have to survive until something hurts him, but I don't know.

My Old Game: We Want YOU - Join the Fight for Freedom

Twitter - Mostly comments on games, old and new.
Sheepolution
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 08:26:31 AM »

Nice idea. Is it possible to beat?

When fighting the boss, the only thing that seems to have any effect is what got me into the battle in the first place, and that only gives him time to hit me. It's not particularly fun when there are no hints as to whether or not you're playing right. I'm guessing that I just have to survive until something hurts him, but I don't know.

This was my biggest mistake. I expected people to figure out how to defeat the boss by themselves, but apparently not. You need to use his star attack. You need to get it bounced back to him.

Quicksand-S
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 10:31:12 AM »

This was my biggest mistake. I expected people to figure out how to defeat the boss by themselves, but apparently not. You need to use his star attack. You need to get it bounced back to him.

I thought that might be the case, but as nothing I did had any effect, I gave up on it after being reset a few times.

My Old Game: We Want YOU - Join the Fight for Freedom

Twitter - Mostly comments on games, old and new.
Sheepolution
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 08:52:12 AM »

I updated the game!

What did I add/change:

• I added 2 different endings. With these 2 you are actually able to exit the game.
  • Hats! Unlock achievements to receive some cool hats, and play the game with style.
  • Credits! Because I wouldn’t be able to do it on my own.
  • Easier boss. A lot of people were stuck at this point, so how to defeat the boss is more clear now.
  • Easter eggs!

The game is a lot better now. Mostly because it has an actual ending Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic