Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 05:44:18 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsBootleg DemakesNoiseless mound (concept) (Finished)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Noiseless mound (concept) (Finished)  (Read 19731 times)
wormfood
Level 0

View Profile
« on: September 07, 2008, 03:06:39 AM »

Ok im going to call this (concept) finished and update it as the day goes on. I have removed alot of code that wasnt working and will be adding stuff back in today.

Feel free to download it but dont expect to be able to do much, as its really just a working engine. I will be making a point n click in the future and this was a nice way of trying out coding one.  Wink

My last minute additions could brake it, so i thought it was safer to post a stable version with less stuff working, than a buggy and broken thing at the last moment.  Embarrassed

Pete

http://www.avab56.dsl.pipex.com/downloads/NM_demo.rar
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 03:10:27 AM by wormfood » Logged
medieval
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 05:28:08 AM »

Awesome. Nice mood it sets.
wormfood
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 03:30:54 PM »

thanks, ive updated it a little bit.  Gentleman
Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 07:50:03 PM »

I like the atmosphere. Is opening the locked door and going into the cafe from the pit screen the only thing in the engine at the moment?

Engine is a little buggy, but very nice job for making it from scratch. I like how you can change what action the player does depending on how far he is from an item, although it wasn't clear that right-click was the designated action button while left-click was just for walking (and using items?) I got the character to stop moving when I selected the crowbar in the cafe, and the action text referenced the crowbar in the first screen even when it was deselected.

wormfood
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 02:22:17 AM »

Dam i thought id got rid of the context selection bug. yeah i should have shown the controls before the game starts. Ive never programmed anything like this and weirdly it my first game in 2d. Im just learning OOP so i will start building an engine that way. should be much easyer to see bugs that way. Plus i only gave myself a small amount of time to work on the graphics for this version, becauce i knew that i would get carried away and not leave enough time for coding.  :D
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 05:37:14 PM »

What you've got so far, although very limited( can't go beyond the cafe?) looks very nice and promising, well done that's a nice engine. The tiny graphics are cute.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Zaknafein
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 05:51:27 PM »

I loved the pixel art, too bad the game stops so soon... Sad

wormfood
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 02:15:44 AM »

Im working on a point and click now. I stopped with this one because the engine was broken as i was adding stuff i didnt know how to do when i started out, if you know what i mean. Ive planed out my new engine on paper with all the objects and methods etc.

Thanks for the kind words  Beer! , i hope people can see what i was trying to do with it.
RedStar
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2009, 07:13:18 PM »

link is dead  Sad
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic