Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411273 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 02:16:08 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsOld CompetitionsBootleg DemakesSquish [FINISHED]
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Squish [FINISHED]  (Read 58978 times)
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2008, 11:43:26 AM »

Thanks a million everyone, really glad that you like it! Grin

I'm probably going to finish off that level editor tonight, if all goes to plan! I'm designing it so that you can group levels together and distribute them as your own stage. Some of the levels I made for this were kinda rushed so I'm hoping to create a few extra level packs to make up for the weaker ones (like the one in the ocean stage with the red marbles Sad )

One last thing: I just recorded a video of the game - I think it came out fairly alright, though it's very short Tongue

Pip
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2008, 02:00:55 PM »

This is so awesome. Surprised you didn't go for "Fuz" for extra Indie Points.

Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2008, 02:05:49 PM »

I did consider it, but I don't think taking Fez down a dimension would have worked, when you think about it. Fez is a 2D platformer where you change your perspective to 3D to progress; Crush is the exact opposite. Smiley

increpare
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2008, 03:12:09 PM »

I did consider it, but I don't think taking Fez down a dimension would have worked, when you think about it. Fez is a 2D platformer where you change your perspective to 3D to progress; Crush is the exact opposite. Smiley
heh, I hadn't thought much about the distinction.  A 1d/2d fez-style game could be a lot of fun Smiley
Shambrook
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2008, 05:57:45 PM »

was playing this last night and it kicks arse, found a glitch were I was standing on one of the switches for the green blocks when I changed the angle and the blocks turned off and turned on while I was falling and got stuck in the blocks.

Still... fucking awsome work. This is a game I'd pay real actual money for if it came out on the DS or something.
jeb
Level 5

Bling bling

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2008, 08:19:39 AM »

Great game! Played through all levels Smiley

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2008, 11:02:02 AM »

No Squish fanart? :D

Annabelle has to adore a game to make fanart for it. And Rescue: the Beagles was too adorable.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
Daniel Benmergui
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2008, 05:34:57 PM »

Excellent game!

Very good twist the the crushing mechanic Smiley

Daniel.
Ludomancy
increpare
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2008, 06:21:35 PM »

Just popping on to say that the level design is pretty good (though occasionally confusing: but maybe if I give it another run through they'll seem more obvious), and that...yep: a new release with the level editor would be cool.

I didn't notice any collision problems except some gratuitous getting-stuck-in-front-of-appearing blacks.  But you said you can deal with that, so.   Music is also pretty good Smiley

Beer!
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2008, 07:09:52 PM »

Thanks benza, jeb, daniel and increpare Smiley (and sorry about the enduring collision issues Sad )

I've just finished the level editor now, but I want to put together a new stage as an example with the new version. Should be out tomorrow evening at the latest; sorry about the delay!

seregrail7
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2008, 01:05:53 AM »

I enjoyed this, well done. It was lots of fun to play.
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2008, 06:15:31 PM »

Thanks! Wish I could get your entry working Sad

I've just finished a big update to the game! Squish now includes a level editor, two new game elements and eight new levels! Download it here! (or in the first post)

I'm really happy with how the new levels came out, though I should warn you that they're quite a bit harder than the ones in the original release... Here's a screenshot of one of my favorite new additions! :D

I know that chances are slim that anybody'll be interested in making new levels, but I thought it was worth the work to implement the editor anyway, just in case I'm wrong Smiley I think the core mechanic of the game is really interesting, and I'm sure there's a lot to explore with the concept; particularly now with the added depth that the two new elements offer. I'm sure there are a lot of aspects that I haven't considered at all that could make for some really interesting puzzles! Smiley

Anyway, please check it out and let me know how you get on with the new levels! And thanks again to everyone who's tried it out already and left comments, I really appreciate the feedback! Beer!

FoxBlitzz
Level 0

Watch out! Bad Klik & Play graphics!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2008, 06:18:40 PM »

Eh, I dunno, I like puzzle games like these. Was wondering when you would release the editor.

By the way, would you say Allegro 4.3.10 (unstable branch) is good enough to warrant an upgrade from 4.2.2?

Edit: First custom level has a way to massively cheat - just by jumping while in 2D.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 08:11:00 PM by FoxBlitzz » Logged
Terry
TIGSource Editor
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2008, 03:16:13 AM »

Eh, I dunno, I like puzzle games like these. Was wondering when you would release the editor.

Well, hope to see what you come up with, then Grin

By the way, would you say Allegro 4.3.10 (unstable branch) is good enough to warrant an upgrade from 4.2.2?

Probably not, no Tongue I don't even remember what new features or bug fixes that version had. The upgrade to the Allegro 5 unstable branch is probably worth it, though.

Edit: First custom level has a way to massively cheat - just by jumping while in 2D.

Aghhh! How did I miss that? Thanks, I've fixed it now and reuploaded! Gentleman

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2008, 05:59:45 AM »

Great game, I love the ambiance somewhat cactusian. Very nice puzzles, we want moar Evil

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Pishtaco
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2008, 01:47:04 PM »

This game made my brain hurt. But in a cool way. And I found a glitch, like Benza's: I was falling very fast, and at the same time hit (and went through) some switched-off blocks and the switch that switched them on. So they turned on and I got stuck inside them.

MekanikDestructiwKommando
Level 3

Let's ROCK!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2008, 08:16:34 PM »

Great game!

There have always been interactive experiences that go beyond entertainment.  For example, if mafia games are too fun for you, then you can always join the mafia.
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2008, 09:08:58 PM »

Very nice game.  Some of the puzzles are very clever. 

My only (small) complaint is it seems to lack a sense of advancement.  What I mean to say is, I can be stuck on a really hard puzzle for a while, then the next level turns out to be really easy.  The difficulty skips around rather than ramping up.

tweet tweet @j_younger
ChevyRay
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2008, 12:29:53 AM »

Awesome job, Terry. I think this is my favorite entry, as I played it the longest Kiss
necromian
Level 2

ʘ_ʘ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2008, 11:46:51 AM »

Wonderful!
Sir, our hats are off to you!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic