Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411426 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 11:01:24 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMy Games & Stuff
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Author Topic: My Games & Stuff  (Read 31259 times)
Ant
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2012, 01:32:23 AM »

For Zeke it would be nice to have something for when you come up against a huge mob and need to slip by. So maybe double left click to lob a firecracker that distracts them for a bit. You could also still do the knife thing as well so just walking over an enemy will gut them.

New areas sound awesome. Hand Thumbs Up Right
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2012, 04:36:16 AM »

For Zeke it would be nice to have something for when you come up against a huge mob and need to slip by. So maybe double left click to lob a firecracker that distracts them for a bit. You could also still do the knife thing as well so just walking over an enemy will gut them.

New areas sound awesome. Hand Thumbs Up Right

I was thinking some sort of variation of the shotgun, look up the nock gun - could be a possible idea for the sniper - something with the ability to use him for a bit more than focused fire.  Anyway, I will keep the development a little more open from here on, until it is done anyway, here's the first mockup for the saloon level, next up mountain pass.

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2012, 04:59:35 PM »

Time to get this stuff in-game and nice and polished.

Knowbys Cabin
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2012, 10:14:31 PM »

I registered just to let you know how awesome I think this game is! =)  I really enjoy that there's a three player, distinctive, challenging western-themed game of this quality (even unfinished) out there!  I saw it featured on an indie game youtube channel and thought I'd give it a shot and had a blast with a friend of mine.

I don't have any critiques or anything, but I do have a potential suggestion for Zeke: It might be cool to have the option of clicking (or maybe double-clicking) on the map and having the character actually move in a straight line to that location (kind of like in an RTS game) while still being able to aim by right-clicking.  Since the character is more tactical than the others, positioning him in this way may help further diversify the already distinct characters.

I look forward to seeing more!

~Knowby
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2012, 10:31:47 AM »

Cheers guys, glad you had fun with it, I will be doing a few last changes to the version now available publicly (mostly music related) before moving over updates to a email system on my brand new website...

Look for the email me builds link on the side- mostly because I have like, 5 games in development, and updating devlogs for each one with builds constantly really hacks into how much I can get done, I will keep posting text/pic updates and leave the builds to the auto - updater system setup.  Oh I released a new game on my site also for the LD48 - keen to hear what you guys think.

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2012, 03:43:49 AM »

I put a new build of A Fistful of Gun up on my website, most notably contains a whole new score by Surasshu, though also lots of fixes to the mechanics that have been a bit delayed by my LD48 entry.  Enjoy.

EDIT:  Uploaded a new post LD build of Murder friends also!  Been spending the last few days converting rambros over to box2d, bit of a mission but should be worth it.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 05:38:09 AM by Farmergnome » Logged

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2012, 12:29:45 AM »

Fistful of Gun hits 0.42, here is a trailer

as usual, play it at http://www.farmergnome.com .  I have been on and off working on some sort of lawyer game also, and converting Rambros over to box2d, it seems to be going well so far,  I will post some screenshots soon.

MauvaisVitrier
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2013, 10:18:54 AM »

So glad you got back on Rambros Paul !
I read someone saying Fistful was the greatest action game he played for a long time, I guess I've to agree with him. Lovin' the xbox pad gameplay but I should really try using the mouse (I'm not that patient so...).
Hope to hear more from you soon
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2013, 12:50:53 AM »

Rambros has changed quite a lot since I last posted anything, but some good news for now is Fistful of Gun will be going on steam  Grin  Or atleast the final version.   I have been cranking out some content for that this week, between some Under the Ocean work, I will post it here once I have some finished details.

MauvaisVitrier
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2013, 03:23:21 AM »

Fistful will be released on Steam ? Wow man, I can see things are going pretty well for you. With Steam's online community Fistful is going to have so much success.
I also tried Happy Little Murder Friends: the post LD version is way better. But I suck at this, when I see the highest scores of HLMF and FoG I get dizzy.

ps: hey btw, HLMF is going to be added to this list. A total of 5 of your games on Game Sphere. I'll take care of the rest later.
http://www.game-sphere.fr/developpeur/paul-greasley/
Sustrato
Level 1

It's a good day to die.

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2013, 12:04:58 AM »

A Fistful of Gun looks really fun, I need to get some friends over to try it. Happy Murder Friends was definitely fun, too. Sweet mix tape you've got going on here.

ra51
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2013, 02:36:29 PM »

Lol, just got a in Dropbox saying Rambros can be installed from the forums now Smiley?
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2013, 02:49:33 PM »

Lol, just got a in Dropbox saying Rambros can be installed from the forums now Smiley?

Haha keep dreaming, that build is about 6 months old, maybe more.  Here is a consolation prize though - have a Fistful of Gun wallpaper.  Rambros is slowly chugging along, though rebuilding everything has lead to a fair amount of changes, I think Fistful will be on steam before Rambros anyway, smalller game and all. Currently expanding the player roster to 11 and total playable at once on one computer to 9 characters  Grin

« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 02:57:15 PM by Farmergnome » Logged

ra51
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2013, 03:39:33 PM »

BTW, Michael Reitzenstein is he the guy who made this kick ass game called "Juno Nemesis" from like.....9 years ago??
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2013, 03:42:57 PM »

BTW, Michael Reitzenstein is he the guy who made this kick ass game called "Juno Nemesis" from like.....9 years ago??

Sure is  Grin  We have been collabing on big projects for about a year or two now, started with Big Block Games stuff.

ra51
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2013, 07:12:49 PM »

That is totally fricken awesome. Juno Nemesis has been one of my all time favorite games, which is why that "Reitzenstein" name sounded familiar to me Smiley. Looking forward to the rest of your projects.
Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2013, 06:45:27 PM »

That is totally fricken awesome. Juno Nemesis has been one of my all time favorite games, which is why that "Reitzenstein" name sounded familiar to me Smiley. Looking forward to the rest of your projects.

Haha he says hi, he was pretty buzzed that someone remembered Juno.

Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2013, 11:28:32 PM »

wait how in crap am I just finding this now?  Droop

Amazing to see that you actually followed through with dropping games like delicious hotcakes all day every day. ( Can't wait to have KAG done so I can do a bit of the same, feel so design-itchy it's not even funny ).

Crazy

Exciting to see under the ocean on steam, and all of this is generally A+ gonna be playing the shit out of these this weekend, writing myself a note so I remember to. Only played a bit of murder friends during the LD it spawned from so keen to see what else you've been cooking up.

Farmergnome
2pacalypse Now
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2013, 08:51:20 PM »

wait how in crap am I just finding this now?  Droop

Amazing to see that you actually followed through with dropping games like delicious hotcakes all day every day. ( Can't wait to have KAG done so I can do a bit of the same, feel so design-itchy it's not even funny ).

Crazy

Exciting to see under the ocean on steam, and all of this is generally A+ gonna be playing the shit out of these this weekend, writing myself a note so I remember to. Only played a bit of murder friends during the LD it spawned from so keen to see what else you've been cooking up.

Haha, good to see you around Geti, I mentioned you for my inspiration for this thing, yea I have a few things on the go at the moment, between Under the Ocean and Fistful of Gun improved version - or whatever its called, I got a few things I am considering doing some time on, anyway here is a Fistful update, I will put a build up soon honest...

Geti
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2013, 06:25:15 PM »

Looking crunchy as ever, I really like the grass and the fact that things are shadowed; adds depth to the world reasonably cheaply Smiley

The lighting on some of the pieces is a bit janky, mostly the highlight outline on the underside of some objects - kinda pulls them out of the world.

New build would be fantastic.

This stuff should be fed to the tumblr whenever, always fun to see constant progress.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic