Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 09:07:41 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsGamemaking Frenzy I - Adventure Time Game Jam
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Gamemaking Frenzy I - Adventure Time Game Jam  (Read 3500 times)
brettchalupa
« on: September 06, 2012, 09:48:43 AM »

Howdy everyone.

Just leaving this here for those interested.

http://www.adventuretimegamejam.com/

Next weekend, starting on Septermber 14th, will be a worldwide Adventure Time Game Jam put on by Fantastic Arcade, Juegos Rancheros, and BMO (my game jam platform).

This is the inaugural jam for both Gamemaking Frenzy and BMO, I couldn't have asked for a more exciting theme.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 04:47:12 PM by brett » Logged
Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, 11:55:06 AM »

Can we find further info on the rules and such somewhere?

Zaphos
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, 07:03:56 PM »

Apparently details will be posted tomorrow: https://twitter.com/fantasticarcade/status/245686766324039680

How to Be a Tree | Voro | Realistic Kissing Simulator | twitter | Programmer at Epic Games
brettchalupa
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 05:32:46 PM »

Sorry for the slow response! I am working on updating the site and adding some more details tonight.  Smiley

Any specific things you'd like to know about?

Wow, over 500 people have signed-up. That's pretty exciting and seems like a much higher number than I was expecting !
brettchalupa
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 09:39:36 PM »

Rules, rules, rules!

In general, I would say that this Jam is Too Cool for Rules, but there are a few.

• Submission must be related to Adventure Time in some way. This is really vague for a reason. It's up to you! Whether it contains the cast of the Adventure Time characters, takes place in the land of Ooo, or something else bizarre, it's all acceptable.
  • If you're going to form teams - 3 people per team, maximum. Just to keep it small, fun and friendly.
  • You will have 12 hours after the end of the jam to package up your game and submit it.
  • A secret, surprise rule to be revealed at the start of the jam. Smiley

A small but fun and important part of this jam is that all jam games created on-site in Austin will be part of a special Adventure Time themed Arcade Cabinet. THREE not-on-site global submissions will be selected to included in the Arcade Cabinet.

The three chosen games will be: an audience favorite, Celebrity Judge favorite, and Fantastic Arcade Crew pick.

In order to qualify as a cabinet winner, the game must simply be an .exe. So that means Game Maker games, Unity games, Flash games with an .exe project or compiled with AIR to an .exe, or anything else that compiles to an EXE.

If you need help with any of that process (compiling and distributing as an exe), totally, totally let us know. I'd be more than happy to help out with that.

All games submitted that are Flash and Unity player based will be playable on the site. This means that you DO NOT need to worry about hosting the files elsewhere. I am working on a system to embed HTMl5/JS games as well, but if that will be ready in time, we will just have to way and see.

Also, just a little guidance for submissions:

Oh, my Glob, you guys. Adventure Time is a lumping TV-PG show. So don't turn in anything GROSS, because, ew.
Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 10:52:29 AM »

Thanks for the info! I was hoping for some sort of suprise rule, for all the cheaters that have already started making games haha.
What can we expect in terms of hardware/utils available at the cabinet. Internet connection, bluetooth, (xbox 360) controllers, etc?

brettchalupa
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 03:43:56 PM »

Cabinet games should be mouse and keyboard compatible and Windows EXEs. I sadly do not know the specifics!

I am pretty sure it is an offshoot of the Winnitron project, so the specs are similar. Smiley
Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2012, 04:15:06 PM »

Alright, thanks  Beer!

brettchalupa
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 07:16:25 AM »

The jam is officially over! With nearly 100 submissions, I'd say it was a huge success. I think I even saw some submissions from TIGers. Smiley

PLAY THE GAMES HERE

It was so awesome to be in the active IRC all weekend, helping jammers and seeing what they were working on. I also got to jam on the site and add lots of fun features (as well as getting it working!).

All of the games are so creative and unique. It makes me so happy I could cry.  Tears of Joy

Thanks to everyone who participated and to those who play the games. I hope you all had and have as much fun as I did!
theSoupSmith
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2012, 11:45:15 AM »

It was a ton of fun being a part of this!

My submission: http://www.adventuretimegamejam.com/submissions/51-cameladapuamawamap

If you have some spare time give it a try!

Crescent is a multiplayer, 2d space shooting adventure where the player explores a vibrant, life-filled nebula by blasting asteroids and using the precious crystals within to synthesize controllable versions of the many creatures that inhabit it! Check out our devlog!
JaJitsu
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, 03:43:55 PM »

It was a ton of fun working on my game. I'm so tired though.

If anyone is interested, this was the one I made:
http://www.adventuretimegamejam.com/submissions/81-thank-you

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic