Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 11:17:14 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSpiritless
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Spiritless  (Read 1148 times)
Forstride
Level 2

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2012, 12:31:43 PM »

Description

Spiritless is a "12-bit" adventure/puzzle platformer where you play as a man who wakes up on the floating island of Treveskyn, a sacred place that only few have ever been to, and doesn't know who, or what he is.  So, he heads east, hoping he'll find something to help him remember.

You later find out you can control a dark Spirit that is been dormant inside of you.  The game plays like a normal platformer, with enemies, obstacles, and of course, platforms...But, when you switch the the spirit, things change quite a bit.  The spirit can help you complete puzzles, access areas that can't be accessed normally, and much more!

Features

• Adventure - Journey through a large, unique world with lots of areas to find and explore!
  • Challenge - Complete innovative puzzles, slay a variety of monsters and bosses, and much more!
  • Life - Experience ambience and aesthetics that makes the game feel alive!
  • Earcandy - Set out on a voyage with an original soundtrack featuring over 15 tracks of peaceful, cheery chiptune goodness accompanying you along the way!

Media

Development Progress

Spiritless is still very early in development.  I can't give an exact date as to when it will be done, or when you can expect a demo, but I'm hoping it'll be sometime soon.

Currently, I'm working on tilesets and sprites for the game.

Other

Spiritless will probably cost $5 or $10 USD when it's complete, and it will come with the complete soundtrack, and a collection of concept art for the game.  I haven't focused much on what I'll do when the game is complete, but it's good to have some idea of the price range, etc.

Follow me on Twitter to receive frequent updates on the game!

https://twitter.com/Forstride
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 10:35:16 AM by Forstride » Logged

impulse9
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2012, 01:19:33 PM »

It looks fantastic.  Hand Thumbs Up Left Smiley
Garlicguy
Level 3

Good vibes all around.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2012, 01:58:53 PM »

I like the style,  it's very unique.

Pixelulsar
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2012, 02:24:51 PM »

Saw this in the pixel art or screenshot Saturday thread, I'm glad you're starting a devlog. Looks really nice, I love how bright and cheery it looks, and the waterfalls look really nice.

Also be careful with the darkness effect it can ruin a perfectly good game if you use it badly.
(Not that it happened to me Who, Me?)

Forstride
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2012, 02:32:19 PM »

Thanks for the comments, everyone!

Also be careful with the darkness effect it can ruin a perfectly good game if you use it badly.
(Not that it happened to me Who, Me?)
Well, it only appears in caves, and I think I'm going to make it so you have to have a lantern out for it to be as bright as its shown in the screenshot...So it'd be quite a bit darker without having the lantern out.

Forstride
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 01:30:32 PM »

Posted this for Screenshot Saturday.  It's a screenshot from a cutscene before a boss battle that takes place at the marsh pier.  Inspired by a dream I had a while back.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 10:36:05 AM by Forstride » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic