Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411275 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 08:42:44 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTales of Monamnamat (WIP)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Tales of Monamnamat (WIP)  (Read 23259 times)
Saker
« on: September 10, 2008, 01:15:50 AM »

Tales Of MonaMnaMat is an adventure game that has a unique art style never used before in games .

The game's art style is inspired by the Islamic miniatures , In fact we are using the miniatures that Nusret Çolpan (The last great miniaturist  Cry )painted , with the help of his son mustafa to bring these miniature to life by animating them ::

::

@17/11/2008 :-
*  I decided to use AGS , and here is a mockup :-

@10/11/2008 :-
*  There will be about ten different tales for this game , all are inspired by the old arabian books and stories like 1001 nights and scrooges...etc. Every tale will have a set of puzzles , and since my using to computer is limited these days and maybe for months ; i'll write the tales during these months and show some of them here ,  the first tale is titled "Love and Food"  Tongue .
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 10:59:50 AM by SaKeR » Logged
pen
Level 8

babyman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 01:41:11 AM »

I'll just leave this here...  Smiley

The aesthetic is really wonderful, especially how they rendered clouds and waves. Would look great in a game for sure!

I AM FREE!
Hideous
That's cool.
Level 10

3D models are the best

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 01:54:25 AM »

Congrats, you won Beer!

Saker
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 02:04:08 AM »

cool .. but should take the next step ... to do original art using this style .. maybe i'll do some tries today
ChevyRay
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 02:10:11 AM »

That picture of Noah's ark is awesome. If you pursue this further, I am so keeping an eye on you.
Saker
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 02:29:51 AM »

@ChevyRay: of course i will , i learned some of the techniques used for these monamnamat in the school .. i hope i still remember ...
but the problem is that there are a LOT of styles in this sort of art .. some would be cool for games "like noah's ark's style" and some wouldn't ...
also the characters , i hope i can animate them well >< .. couse it looks like 500 years to get these characters animated
pen
Level 8

babyman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 02:36:08 AM »

In the meantime...

I AM FREE!
Powergloved Andy
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 02:41:51 AM »

In the meantime...

bwahahaha
Shambrook
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 03:31:45 AM »

I see this being animated in a serise of layers, like paper doll style but for every element, it would look awsome with each of those elements in the clouds rotating on there own slighting infront and behind eachother.
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2008, 03:36:34 AM »

That looks brilliant. Perhaps you should do some 'proof-of-concept' animation mockups to get the hang of it before you make a full-blown game. Then again, a game with mostly static sprites (such as a shmup) might be easier to do than a complex animation.

increpare
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2008, 03:39:19 AM »

Trying to get the water/clouds to animated nicely would be such a fun programming/graphics project  Smiley
Bree
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2008, 03:46:38 AM »

That would look absolutely gorgeous; perhaps some traditional shadow puppets could be thrown in for good measure?
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2008, 04:59:28 AM »

If think it would be kickass if you found a way to generate/animate the clouds and more generally all the pattern specific to islamic art in a procedural way.
That would be like giving new life to the art style itself.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Saker
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2008, 06:37:57 AM »

In the meantime...

What the heck are you thinking in ?? are you going to do "mosque fighter" game Huh? huh ... oh...shit

I see this being animated in a serise of layers, like paper doll style but for every element, it would look awsome with each of those elements in the clouds rotating on there own slighting infront and behind eachother.
you've just made me remmember Gesundheit .. the guy who made it used a very cool technique to animate his still drawings "you can see the postmortem of the game in this magaszine Embarrassedhttp://www.gdmag.com/archive/gdcg08.htm
it has a really good feeling that is close to what all of you guys mean :-

i'll talk about his technique later in this thread ..

That looks brilliant. Perhaps you should do some 'proof-of-concept' animation mockups to get the hang of it before you make a full-blown game. Then again, a game with mostly static sprites (such as a shmup) might be easier to do than a complex animation.
and that was what am trying to do when posted this compiled picture ... ok .. i've found a technique that would make it easier to animate the sprites ... i still have no idea what te game is going to talk about ... and of course it will be simple as it is the first try ..

Trying to get the water/clouds to animated nicely would be such a fun programming/graphics project  Smiley
yes .. i think i can do something like that .. i can sperate these cloud so it can move as you said ... but my coding skills are "STUPIDASHELL" .. so if you would like to work with me on a small demo of moving clouds it would be a nice start .

That would look absolutely gorgeous; perhaps some traditional shadow puppets could be thrown in for good measure?
like those were in Gesundheit ?? i was thinking in the same thing . Beer!

If think it would be kickass if you found a way to generate/animate the clouds and more generally all the pattern specific to islamic art in a procedural way.
yes .. i think i can .. i imagine how it will look like ... really cool  Cool

george
Level 7

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2008, 06:43:07 AM »

awesome.

Quote from: moi

that would be pretty cool as well. Go Saker!

ImaginaryThomas
Level 1

Reor, Creo, Incito

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2008, 09:39:07 AM »

I think this would be great, I'd love to see the final product. Sort of like an Islamic okami

Saker
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2008, 12:08:16 PM »

thank you guys ... right now am trying to put things in its places
i will use MMF just to save time and efforts and to take more care about the art .. it will be a short adventure game with a very short story and few characters "that would be cool for the first try"

and check the first post .. am going to put the updates there
Dacke
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2008, 12:26:08 PM »

They were obviously playing volleyball!

programming • free software
animal liberation • veganism
anarcho-communism • intersectionality • feminism
Saker
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2008, 01:15:47 PM »

LOL ...maybe ... &^^
neon
Level 10

DOHOHOHOHO

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2008, 01:52:12 PM »

are you going to use old arabic art or make new art in the arabic style, for the game?  anyway, the whole thing looks really really great, and it could be really good if done well.

also the music is great

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic