Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 05:43:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsTIGSource Devlog Magazine!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]
Print
Author Topic: TIGSource Devlog Magazine!  (Read 72537 times)
jonkk
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #280 on: March 03, 2014, 05:15:02 AM »

Yes! Thanks for reviving that Bandreus! That's super awesome.  Beer!

AlexVsCoding
Level 7

Enthusiasm at dangerous levels.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #281 on: March 03, 2014, 05:45:23 AM »

I didn't realise that the magazine had been re-booted. Used to love browsing through. Hope to see more in the future!

Bandreus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #282 on: March 03, 2014, 06:00:49 AM »

@christopf @dancing_dead @gambrinous @jonkk @AlexVsCoding Thanks! <3

I didn't realise that the magazine had been re-booted. Used to love browsing through. Hope to see more in the future!

I'm aware lots of people might not immediately notice the Zine has been rebooted. Please do help out spreading the word if you can!

In an effort to give your awesome games as large an exposure as possible, starting from today the TIGSource Devlog Magazine is also available on imgur. More distribution platforms coming soon!

The plan is to keep churning out issue after issue on a regular basis. Possibly once a week, hopefully once every two weeks as a bare minimum. All depending on available time ofc, though I've been 「making arrangements」 this past week in order to make the process as efficent as possible.

We shall see!

Oh, if you want to be notified ASAP when a new issue gets published, you can follow me on Twitter @Bandreus

EDIT: and we're on Reddit too! Please comment/upvote, let's give these amazing games as much exposure as possible!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 06:44:12 AM by Bandreus » Logged

Vanhail
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 03, 2014, 07:09:19 AM »

What an honor to be in such rad company, thanks!

nikolaus
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #284 on: March 03, 2014, 11:40:00 AM »

How nice to be included!

For completeness sake, you could add a link to the website ferdythecat.com

Bandreus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #285 on: March 03, 2014, 11:58:07 AM »

@Vanhail that was my pleasure!

How nice to be included!

For completeness sake, you could add a link to the website ferdythecat.com

Edited the website adress in. Sorry for missing it in the first place

Skydsgaard
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 03, 2014, 12:19:57 PM »

It's an honor for us as well to be listed here, Thank you! SmileySmileySmiley

nikolaus
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #287 on: March 03, 2014, 12:48:12 PM »

Edited the website adress in. Sorry for missing it in the first place

No hard feelings mate. Thanks a lot for your efforts!

Bandreus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #288 on: March 03, 2014, 12:54:14 PM »

@Skydsgaard It's my honor to be part of this community  Smiley Just doing my best with giving your efforts as much exposure as possible

No hard feelings mate. Thanks a lot for your efforts!

No worries! The "gathering all sorts of contact and links" for each featured game definitely is one of the most error-prone steps in my process.

I bag all devs to give me a heads up if you notice anything missing/incorrect in there

Bandreus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #289 on: March 03, 2014, 03:08:53 PM »

And you can now follow the TIGSource Devlog Magazine on tumblr @ devlogmag.tumblr.com

barneycumming
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #290 on: March 03, 2014, 05:04:09 PM »

Great work guys, I'm also really chuffed to see my game alongside so many top-notch projects that I've been following and inspired by!  Great work everyone

forsy
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 03, 2014, 10:32:10 PM »

I must say this was quite a surprise! And very inspiring.

I hope you continue to find the time and resources to keep this going.

PS. I've been looking for the right words to describe Lift, and you nailed it Smiley

Lift - Devlog | Play | Twitter
Bandreus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #292 on: March 04, 2014, 04:06:29 AM »

You are too kind!

@forsy I sort of struggled finding the right words to describe Lift myself but, to me, it was clear from the very beginning I had to mention whales in there somewhere  Wink

In other (great) news, the TIGSource Devlog Magazine is going to be regularly featured on venuspatrol.com once more  Gomez

(while I am at it, I'll also point out you can subscribe to Venus Patrol. Not only you get tons of value in return for a few bucks, but you also get to support an amazing group of people who's been promoting the indie culture to a vast audience for years now!)

Issue #15 should go live on VP in a few hours while new issues will be published every Friday, just like before.

Rest assured though, this doesn't mean you will have to read the Magazine on VP if you don't want to (though in there you'll enjoy image-map links for a more convenient clickin' action).

In an effort to give your amazing projects as much exposure as possible, I'm going to spread this to every corner of the internet. Hell, I might as well print the zine and physically mail it over to each and every indie games enthusiast around the world (though this might not be coming very soon  Shrug).

ATM we are on tumblr, reddit and imgur. Ofc you can follow me @Bandreus for timely updates when a new issue goes live. Hopefully you will be able to pick your favorite flavor of The TIGSource Devlog Magazine.

So yeah, that's as much I am able to do for giving this awe inspiring community a tinsy bit of the exposition it rightfully deserves. I leave the rest to you! Spread the word, point your friends to these pages and to Venus Patrol, RT the issues on twitter, comment/upvote on r/indiegaming, re-blog on tumblr.

And this is only the beginning. Welcome to the rebooted TIGSource Devlog Magazine, where we showcase awesome games in the making by you.

I hope my humble efforts can be up to your astonishing gamedev crafts  Beer!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 04:27:13 AM by Bandreus » Logged

Bandreus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #293 on: March 04, 2014, 08:05:40 AM »

And The TIGSource Devlog Magazine is back on Venus Patrol  Beer! where you can enjoy a conenient imagemap for easily hitting a featured game's devlog by simply clicking on its little box.

I have one more question for you guys: I'd like to keep the first post updated by editing links to previous issues in weekly, but ofc I don't want to constantly pester Dom2D. Should I create a new thread instead?

It's up to you guys, this Magazine is definitely yours more than it is mine, so let me know what you think!

gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #294 on: March 04, 2014, 08:33:56 AM »

It's rather nice to have all the people who have subbed to this thread get notified. Maybe Dom2D can add a link in the OP to a post of yours (anywhere in this thread), and then you can just edit that post to have issues 15+ ?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 09:05:48 AM by gambrinous » Logged

Bandreus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #295 on: March 04, 2014, 08:39:51 AM »

Yeah, I'm afraid some people could miss the news and/or most of them might even not bother adding one more thread to their notifications.

Though I guess cross-posting a link here during a brief transition period might do the trick.

That's exactly why I'm asking in the first place. Let your opinion be heard!

christopf
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #296 on: March 04, 2014, 08:56:31 AM »

ah i think this thread works why changing it?

nvm, i cant read. pro new thread

William Chyr
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #297 on: March 04, 2014, 02:13:33 PM »

Oh man, super cool that the DevLog Magazine is on VenusPatrol. The image map is super handy.

I love the idea of a thread containing all the history of the magazine, but I think having a weekly updated first post would be great, and provides enough benefits to justify a new thread.

Bandreus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #298 on: March 05, 2014, 05:01:45 AM »

@gambrinous @christopf @WillyChyr Thanks a lot for letting me know what you guys think!

Though I'd hoped for more people to express their opinion on the matter?

In other news: I started working on the next Issue. It should be ready in time for a Friday feature on Venus Patrol. Hopefuly I can keep up with a steady weekly release schedule  Well, hello there!

Bandreus
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #299 on: March 07, 2014, 12:21:41 PM »

Okay, I created a new thread for the rebooted magazine. Please activate notifications for the new thread! I'm cross-posting here so that people subscribed to this thread don't miss the news. Please don't post in this thread anymore but do so in the newer, official-er one. Thank you!

Anyway: Issue #16 of the TIGSource Devlog Magazine is here  Screamy you can follow me on twitter to get insta notifications as soon as a new issue is released, as usual.

Click on the picture to read the issue on Venus Patrol, where you can enjoy an interactive map and clicking on a game's screenshot will bring you to the devlog's thread!

All 20 devlogs featured in this issue, along with useful links!
Crossing Souls -
Crystal Gun Girl -
Duck Game -
Exogenesis -
Fragments of Him -
Gnah! -
Icarus -
Polygone -
Molecule Match -
Narcissus -
Painters Guild -
Project Libity -
Rain World -
Super Meteor GridSuper Smash BallThe Universim -
Tiny TiresTrigger Princess -
Wizard Golf RPG -
XenoRaptor -

Please don't post in this thread anymore but do so in the newer, official-er one. Thank you!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 12:26:54 PM by Bandreus » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic