Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 11:23:49 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsPixel Champions: A retro indie free to play 2D MMORPG.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
Print
Author Topic: Pixel Champions: A retro indie free to play 2D MMORPG.  (Read 50648 times)
Fleury
Level 0

Pixel Champions Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: July 13, 2013, 03:18:30 AM »

May 29, 2013 - Build 240 Released  Giggle

• Axe and Sword weapons now have the same attack/defense values.
  • Added a couple new entrances to the crawler dungeon.
  • Added a dragon dungeon between Knighthelm Castle and Marshdale Village.
  • Added experimental support for Chinese and Japanese text.

Looking for a retro 2D MMORPG? Check out Pixel Champions! [official site, facebook page]
Fleury
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: July 13, 2013, 12:01:01 PM »

June 2, 2013 - Build 241 Released Shocked

• Long character names no longer extrude out of TabBar.
  • Wooden and brick floors now have the same walking speed as roads.
  • Fixed a precision error with the minimap '+' symbol.
  • The MinimapPanel now properly scrolls on an angle.
  • Grave and OrcStatue are no longer pushable.
  • Skills are no longer reduced due to death penalty.

Looking for a retro 2D MMORPG? Check out Pixel Champions! [official site, facebook page]
Fleury
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: July 14, 2013, 12:34:49 PM »

June 25, 2013 - Build 242 Released  Gomez

• Raised melee damage of Ghouls and Phantoms from 30 and 35 to 40 and 45 respectively.
  • Demons now summon 1-3 Elementals each time its health reduces by 10%.
  • Reworked the loot table for most monsters, and patched up some incorrect information on the website's library.
  • Removed Red & Black dragons. Green Dragons are now once again called just Dragons.
  • Fixed a bug with the MinimapPanel that prevented it from scrolling at angles multiple to 90deg.
  • Dragons drop items that contain its name: Dragon Shield, Dragon Legs, and Dragon Hammer.
  • Significantly reworked Winterstorm Keep.
  • Dragons no longer spawn in the marshdale village (they spawn in Winterstorm Keep).
  • Reduced the armor of Orc Warriors, Orc Hammerdins, and Orc Warlords from 'Full' to 'Partial'.
  • Reduced the melee damage of Orc Hammerdins and Orc Warlords.
  • Orcs now drop brass items, and drop ILvl-5 swords and axes rather than ILvl-7 axes.
  • Orc Warlord renamed to Orc Shaman. Casts Poison Ball, and drops Poison Books.
  • Giant Scarabs now drops Greater Poison Book rather than Poison Book.
  • Removed the Phalanx monster (it's now an outfit for players).
  • Demon Lords are now in-game (it's a secret how to find one).
  • OpenGL code now uses the native format for PC GPUs; BGRA+UInt8888Rev. The performance of many laptop GPUs should be increased significantly.
  • NPC talkers now display <whisper> when chatting with the player.
  • Brutes have been removed due to the cartoony appearance of its sprite (in comparison to other monsters).

Fleury
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: July 14, 2013, 09:18:01 PM »

Artist took a stab at remaking my "programmer art" swords so that they'd have a more consistent style. I'm quite pleased with the results. Old ones are on the left, new ones are on the right.

Now to figure out what to do about the game's icon (since the game icon is the sword in my profile pic, and the sword to replace that one isn't as eye-catching).
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 11:30:02 PM by Fleury » Logged

Fleury
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: July 15, 2013, 06:02:34 PM »

July 15, 2013 - Build 244 Released  Wizard

• Dragging from the EquipmentPanel now displays a shadow of the item being dragged.
  • The TransferPanel can now appear on the right side of UI if left side hasn't space.
  • Boots now display +HASTE rather than +% SPEED.
  • OakBow was incorrectly set to 15 in-game, it is now 18 as listed on website.
  • Fire puffs now have a new animation.
  • Depots now have a new sprite.
  • Added trading tables! You can now safely trade with other players without fear of getting theived!
  • Added Cake! You can buy it from the Alchemist for a limited time!
  • Added new backpacks! You can find the Abyssal backpack in the deepest cave of the swamps!
  • Sword sprites have received a graphical refresh. Those who had looted a Magical Sword previously will be able to keep that sword though.
  • Added new 'Riddler' NPC to south-west skeleton caves.
  • Demon Lord spawn region now sealed with three locked doors.
  • King Foben is no longer pushable.
  • The staircase attack delay is now also applied to doors.
  • Fixed the TabBar incorrectly calculating how many tabs can be displayed.
  • Fixed a null reference exception in King Foben's Phalanx Order quest (hotfixed previously).
  • Fixed a break/return typo that allowed outfit gender changes.
  • King Foben now rewards new players with platinum bars when they become a citizen of his castle.
  • Rarity of soulstones has been changed from ultra-rare to semi-rare (hotfixed previously).
  • Diagnostic command !health now has proper spelling for 'entries' and spacing between words (hotfixed previously)
  • Raised the melee damage of Sumos from 175 to 425.
  • Reduced the greater fireball damage from Warlocks from 425 to 175.
  • Implemented a workaround for GPUs with OpenGL drivers that don't properly support glIsEnabled.

Fleury
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: July 18, 2013, 07:19:33 AM »

After concluding that the source of these disturbing performance violations was caused by performance interference by other users on my VPS, I decided to upgrade to dedicated. The hosting company I'm with doesn't give me a choice where in the USA it ends up. My VPS is presently in Arizona, and just discovered my new dedicated server is in Virginia.

Hopefully that's a desirably location; I honestly don't know. What do you guys think?

« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 07:30:15 AM by Fleury » Logged

Fleury
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: July 19, 2013, 09:38:46 AM »

So I decided to run a "test-server" for my new dedicated server, to see how it behaved under a load. The test consisted of spawning items and monsters all over the place.

It ran fairly well (there's room for improvement with my code), but more importantly it seems to have fixed the performance interference I had observed with using VPS.

Fleury
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: July 22, 2013, 03:48:35 AM »

July 22, 2013 - Build 245 Released  Tired

• The game-world is now hosted on a dedicated server in Virginia (US-EAST), rather than on a virtual private server in Arizona (US-WEST).
  • Raised the attack of the no longer obtainable GoldenArrow and FrostBolt to 35, and gave them "legendary" tooltip.
  • Reduced the sell value of Recurve Bow from 4000 to 1650.
  • Highscores page on website allows users to specify vocation.
  • Emoticons disabled for email and captcha text boxes.
  • Windows and Linux users can now go fullscreen using the hotkey F9.
  • Corrected some deprecated packet IDs that were never properly removed.
  • Sumos now walk at the speed of Giant Scarabs.
  • Female characters now start with the correct outfit gender.

Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 22, 2013, 05:13:25 AM »

While going through the potions at http://www.pixelchampions.com/foods.aspx I noticed something interesting; costlier potions give less HP/gold

Is this intentional? Because it seemed kind of stupid to me as a player can rather buy 5 red potions than a single purple potion and restore 400 HP more
Fleury
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: July 22, 2013, 05:41:09 AM »

Is this intentional? [...] a player can rather buy 5 red potions than a single purple potion and restore 400 HP more.

Yes. There's a delay after drinking a potion until you can drink another potion. And so, you may not always be able to stay alive drinking just red potions (if you can, however, it'll be more efficient). If the creature you're blocking is dealing damage faster than you can heal with red potions, you'll need to use either blue or purple potions.

Thanks for the feedback btw; it's not something I have been getting alot of lately here on Tigsource.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 06:09:40 AM by Fleury » Logged

Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 22, 2013, 08:35:16 AM »

Oh, the drinking delay resolved the issue :D
kamac
Level 10

Notoriously edits his posts

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 22, 2013, 09:43:57 AM »

13 player(s) online, 2510 registered accounts, 352 upgraded accounts.

That's a nice progress. Keep it up.

Fleury
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: July 23, 2013, 02:12:18 PM »

So I discovered today that Google's SMTP Service (which I presently rely on to send emails) has limits of about 500 emails per 24 hours (exceeding that limit causes your account to fail to authenticate).

While on average I likely use closer to about 50-100 emails per day, that service doesn't seem to care; the day(s) where I exceeded 500, my account failed to authenticate. I guess it's time I setup my own SMTP server.  Lips Sealed

Fleury
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: July 25, 2013, 03:28:06 PM »

Decided to register an SSL certificate for my domain (mainly to setup a proper "SMTP server", but for other purposes aswell). As this stuff has always sorta fascinated me, it was kinda fun to setup. Well, hello there!

« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 03:47:02 PM by Fleury » Logged

Fleury
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: July 28, 2013, 06:42:21 AM »

It took me alot longer than I thought it would, but I've finally got hMailServer installed and configured. As outbound port 25 is blocked by my host, I had to relay mail delivery to one of their servers. Their relay server imposes some limits, but it seems to be negotiable so I'm not worried about ending up in the same situation again. I also get a neat graph:

« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 06:56:52 AM by Fleury » Logged

Connor
Level 8

Smooth talker, musician. Loves all things 70s.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: July 28, 2013, 04:27:41 PM »

the game wont launch for me
DX

Firearrow games
www.firearrowgames.net

blitzkampfer:
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=52009.msg1280646#msg1280646

too bad eggybooms ents are actually men in paper mache suits and they NEED to be agile
Fleury
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: July 29, 2013, 08:50:50 AM »

the game wont launch for me

I'd be happy to see if I can get it working, but you still haven't told me anything about your "school PC". What's its CPU/GPU? What other games work, and what other games don't work? Also, how far do you get with launching Pixel Champions? Does the Launcher start (for example, does the game only close after you push the "Launch Game" button?

Fleury
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: August 14, 2013, 03:15:43 AM »

More new artwork to add into the game; improved wand sprites and an entirely new set of items called "Orbs" for mages. This now gives all vocations the same number of skills; +1 to game balance.  Wizard

ITS_Mike
Level 3

Programmer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: August 14, 2013, 06:48:25 AM »

Woah, Fleury!  I had no idea you created a devlog for your game My Word!  It's good to see that it is still in development!

Fleury
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: August 14, 2013, 07:18:54 AM »

Woah, Fleury!  I had no idea you created a devlog for your game My Word!  It's good to see that it is still in development!

I knew your username sounded familiar; you're the guy that made Loradon Online. And thanks! I hope you get time to finish Volund at some point; that game looked really fun.  Grin

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic