Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411485 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58427 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 08:10:32 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: Creator Permissions
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: Creator Permissions  (Read 115505 times)
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2008, 12:12:26 PM »

To be honest, I don't really understand the opposition to a Knytt stage, since the world of Knytt can certainly be violent at times. Plus, it would make an absolutely beautiful stage.

But yes, I think using Knytt as a punching bag is out of the question. I believe that comment was intended as a joke.

Oracle
Pixelhead
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2008, 12:56:05 PM »

To be honest, I don't really understand the opposition to a Knytt stage, since the world of Knytt can certainly be violent at times. Plus, it would make an absolutely beautiful stage.

But yes, I think using Knytt as a punching bag is out of the question. I believe that comment was intended as a joke.

I agree to what has been said, but the punching bag, made me think of something else...of adding more content to the game..making it more than just a "brawler".

For instance, there was a very good idea about creating some sort of mini-game collection of indie characters; i think this is a very good idea, and very feasible to do and integrate into I.B..
Considering we *should* have a whole bunch of character sprites, that could make a whole bunch of actions, it shouldnt be too hard to create a couple of mini games involving the characters...say in order to gain/aquire an in-game currency, wich can be exchanged for say, new characters, music, "trophies"*, etc.

Replay value in the sense of motivation of new content is something that i think is lacking (generally speaking, tho obviously not applyable to every case) in indie-freeware games, and this could be something really fun to push the experience.

What's more, and returning to the original idea, it could become one big "tribute" to indie gaming; Say, by collecting money, you can unlock "trophies" (or whatever you want to call it) and see the original story behind the character, games featured, and info about the original creator.

A 1/multi player sidescrolling beat em up, would be fun as hell too.

neon
Level 10

DOHOHOHOHO

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2008, 01:21:13 PM »

while we're on the topic of unreasonable suggestions -

Story Mode

ok i'm done derailing the thread

Renton
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2008, 01:47:54 PM »

Would be awesome. Go subspace emissary style. You can put nifflas' stuff in, too. Juni would be an NPC, asking for help in one of the stages.
neon
Level 10

DOHOHOHOHO

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2008, 01:51:09 PM »

(actually i really really want story mode)

Renton
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2008, 01:59:12 PM »

(I was serious. Awesome idea.)
neon
Level 10

DOHOHOHOHO

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2008, 02:00:51 PM »

thanks renton  Smiley
now i'm really done derailing the thread.

Renton
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2008, 02:06:22 PM »

I remember something about asking the Fulp about the Castle Crashers. Did anyone really ask? What's the news on that?
Rory
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2008, 06:31:13 PM »

It would be pretty hard to do a story mode subspace emissary-style. Maybe SSB64 style? (Basically a series of fights against certain enemies, sometimes with special rules, e.g. thirty consecutive opponents that are really weak)

Also, this thread started as a permissions thing, and now everyone's talking about stages, story mode and other ideas. OT much?
William Broom
Level 10

formerly chutup

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2008, 11:01:54 PM »

That kind of happens in every Indie Brawl thread. But yeah, I don't think Story Mode, trophies or minigames are good ideas. They're very feature creepy and I'd prefer to spend that effort on making more cool characters and stages since there are so many possibilities for that.

Gnarf
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2008, 09:36:59 AM »

quite a rude offense
a big offense
Right. And no, it wasn't a serious suggestion or anything. I think asking for permissions and not being a dick about things seems the sensible way to go about this project, but seriously guys. Get like a grip?

Wargle barghle what a rude offence to have fun at Knytt's expense like that with violent death blood and it is not in the spirit of peaceful Knytt that is about being peaceful!?
Rostiger
Pixelhead
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2008, 11:41:47 AM »

Don't worry Gnarf - no harm done. I just wanted to make a point and I didn't intend to prance around like it may have read to you.

You know the internets... low-level communication = pre-programmed misunderstandings. Wink

Clemens Scott
Co-Founder & Artist of Broken Rules
neon
Level 10

DOHOHOHOHO

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2008, 01:01:01 PM »

what i was trying to get across was that since he didn't want knytt or juni used as fighters, he would probably be offended if they were used as punching bags.  as kovski said, a lot gets lost in translation when talking in plain text over the internet.  i mean, i had no idea it wasn't a serious suggestion!  hell, i might have suggested the same thing myself.  so, it's probably best to give people the benefit of the doubt when talking over forums or other places where misunderstandings happen easily.  i mean,
Wargle barghle what a rude offence to have fun at Knytt's expense like that with violent death blood and it is not in the spirit of peaceful Knytt that is about being peaceful!?

you need to calm down too.  it wasn't that big of a deal.  no harm, no foul  Gentleman

back on topic: does "permission pending" mean people have talked with the original developers, and the original developers are deciding whether to give us permissions or not?  or does it mean that they haven't been contacted yet?  because i think we should make a checklist of who's been contacted and who hasn't so we can keep track of who next to get in touch with.

Gnarf
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2008, 01:36:53 PM »

So yeah. Them internets. They're up to no good today. Rascals.

what i was trying to get across was that since he didn't want knytt or juni used as fighters, he would probably be offended if they were used as punching bags.
What I was trying to get across, or at least was sort of hinting at, was that it seemed an unreasonable assumption that Nifflas would be offended. That just seems like reading awful lot into "He just didn't want us to have Knytts fighting, since they're always peaceful in the original games." I think that assumption about Nifflas having no sense of humour and looking would be a rude offence to Nifflas (I making a joke. Hahaha.)!

And since jokes are always funnier when you explain them. It doesn't explicitly say that Nifflas didn't want them being in fights, just that he didn't want them fighting, it seemed that a most hilaaarious misinterpretation of that would be to consider it sort of a movelist suggestion. Hahaha and the internet laughed.

Quite calm, by the by Smiley
neon
Level 10

DOHOHOHOHO

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2008, 03:10:32 PM »

i'm retarded at internet jokes.  sorry about that little mishap.

Gnarf
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2008, 03:11:54 PM »

I'm just retarded at internet.
medieval
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2008, 11:03:11 AM »

So how are Pixel and Ikiki thinking of this?
Annabelle Kennedy
Awesomesauce
Level 8

♥Android Love♥

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2008, 09:37:14 PM »

That kind of happens in every Indie Brawl thread. But yeah, I don't think Story Mode, trophies or minigames are good ideas.

i thought trophies at the least was a good idea.. it sort of would provide the *necessary* backgrounds and information about all the characters , games they come from and the worlds they inhabit, and the creators that made them.. not only a way to pull everything together but to actually memorialize all the characters more then just random fighters in a random fighting game..
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2008, 09:50:11 PM »

normally, the main game mode should be the first priority.

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Annabelle Kennedy
Awesomesauce
Level 8

♥Android Love♥

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2008, 11:20:59 PM »

im sorry i didnt mean that it shouldn't be.  i was just reacting to chutup 'its a bad idea' comment.. in that i don't think it is.  I hardly was suggesting that it should be an immediate priority.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic