Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411502 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 03:42:28 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlIndie Brawl: Creator Permissions
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21
Print
Author Topic: Indie Brawl: Creator Permissions  (Read 115519 times)
Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 25, 2010, 06:41:29 PM »

That said, Timeslaughter is a pretty awful game, and I'm not interested in including anything from it.
THAT'S the kind of answer I was looking for. No "not enough space" or "let's finish what we have", just a plain and simple answer.
Ah well, let's see what else I have...
*Looks in indie game folder*
Obake based Tigbox?
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #381 on: May 25, 2010, 07:21:14 PM »

Obake's a cool game. Do you have a suggestion for what the TIGBoxer would do?

Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 26, 2010, 02:42:20 AM »

Since having a ghost character fly around and possess other players might be a little annoying/tough to code, I was thinking just have one of the purple enemies run around a little, throw bones around Castlevania axe style, and then leave.
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #383 on: May 26, 2010, 06:45:24 AM »

Harry Flowerpower already does that, and he's more iconic.

Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 26, 2010, 06:55:10 AM »

Obake himself, then. Jump onto a player's head and temporarily replace the player with an AI of slightly less than medium, say like level 3 or 4 AI going by Super Smash Bros difficulty.
JMickle
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 26, 2010, 07:23:46 AM »

Is AI for the perfect world edition or is it being worked on for serious atm?

Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #386 on: May 26, 2010, 10:39:00 AM »

AI will be added soon. Taking control away from the player is never fun, though. Ever. That's a big game design no-no.

Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 26, 2010, 02:02:28 PM »

AI will be added soon. Taking control away from the player is never fun, though. Ever. That's a big game design no-no.
Well, there's not much else that can be done with a game about a ghost that possesses monsters. Unless that lizard monster's going to appear and throw boomerangs about.
Karuvitomsk
Level 2

Do Not Fear The Tiger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #388 on: May 26, 2010, 07:52:16 PM »

Reversed controls for a few seconds? I'm not sure how appropriate that is, as I haven't really played Obake. But It would certainly be more fair than totally removing a player's control.
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 26, 2010, 07:58:08 PM »

Maybe it gets harder to move, as in if you stand still you'll slowly walk in certain directions and such, and if you move it'll randomly struggle against you or even go in the same direction as you (the equivalent of letting the rope slack in Tug O' War)
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #390 on: May 26, 2010, 08:44:37 PM »

Sounds like a good idea. Kind of like a L4D2 Jockey, but you can still attack.
Karuvitomsk
Level 2

Do Not Fear The Tiger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #391 on: June 06, 2010, 03:51:07 PM »

Buster (Iwanaga)

[email protected]

Need someone handy with Japanese.
Widget
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 22, 2010, 01:02:03 PM »

Reversed controls for a few seconds? I'm not sure how appropriate that is, as I haven't really played Obake. But It would certainly be more fair than totally removing a player's control.

IIRC reversed-controls were long-ago classed as being almost as frustrating as completely losing control; a concept I totally agree with, as a player.
I'm afraid I've got little more to add, though I stand by the rest.
Apoz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 23, 2010, 10:03:40 AM »

IIRC reversed-controls were long-ago classed as being almost as frustrating as completely losing control; a concept I totally agree with, as a player.
I'm afraid I've got little more to add, though I stand by the rest.
I don't think that would be so frustrating... And if we don't use this idea, better not put Obake at all, because I don't see what else we could use
Eagle0600
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 23, 2010, 04:10:22 PM »

Reversed controls are a challenge, and it confuses the player. But it doesn't remove their control entirely. It's actually rather an effective way of simulating a confused (or drunk) character. But it's probably not a good idea in a fighting game, unless it allows the target to be invincible for a very short time so they can get away from the fight (as that's probably how the player would want to deal with it).
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #395 on: June 23, 2010, 06:37:45 PM »

*agrees with widget*

Namagem
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 26, 2010, 04:17:28 AM »

I'm just posting in here to say that I discovered that Jun'ya Ota (AKA ZUN) actually appears to have a Facebook. I don't know Japanese, so I only he can speak enough English to understand me. I will see how this goes!

Edit: I have sent him a message in english; I hope he understands it well enough.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 04:33:29 AM by Namagem » Logged
capn.lee
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 29, 2010, 06:15:30 AM »

has anyone considered asking introversion whether we could use anything from darwinia or defcon? a darwinian stage or a defcon nuke in a tigbox would be awesome

or how about cliffski from positech to see if we can use a gratuitous space battles ship for a corneria type stage?
Soulliard
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #398 on: June 29, 2010, 02:01:59 PM »

To be honest, none of those ideas really appeal to me. A Darwinia stage could be okay, but Darwinian landscapes aren't really that interesting. A nuke wouldn't work because it would be overpowered, it isn't a character, and it's not unique to its game. None of the ships from GSB are iconic enough to be a stage.

-Frikman-
Level 3

Love, Honor and Waffles

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 01, 2010, 03:04:28 PM »

funny question. if "Cave Story" belongs to Nintendo now, why are we considering adding "N" stuff if it has a sequel both on NDS and PSP? who has the rights now? is pixel death and nicalis stole his brain?  Gentleman

They only think of me like an awesome ninja cat.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic