Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411428 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 12:48:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsMisshoni - Pre-alpha Win / Linux Demo Out
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Misshoni - Pre-alpha Win / Linux Demo Out  (Read 19533 times)
Code_Assassin
Level 5

freedom

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2012, 07:54:46 AM »

Gee, your game is going to be pretty hard if it has instant death. Make sure you have some health-pick ups or perhaps a NPC that player's can buy weapons/buffs from(idea totally comes from Spelunky). Keep it up  Hand Thumbs Up Right
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2012, 05:00:09 PM »

^ Only certain things (like spikes, I suppose) will cause instant death. But yeah, there would be things like health and items to find in the finished game.

So this is going to just be an alpha demo. Trying to do this in a month was pretty ridiculous, even though I didn't have a huge amount planned. One day I'll come back to this to finish it, but it'll just be a demo today.

I've implemented sound and music. Need to come up with a few more sounds to polish the demo. I've set up a syncing program (PureSync) to sync between my runtime and source folders, which makes it easier to deal with, since I can just make changes to the source files, and automatically have them copied to the runtime folder. It also will sync the files whenever any file is changed. Good little shortcut. I wish more syncing programs had this feature.

Code_Assassin
Level 5

freedom

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2012, 05:41:45 PM »

^ Only certain things (like spikes, I suppose) will cause instant death. But yeah, there would be things like health and items to find in the finished game.

So this is going to just be an alpha demo. Trying to do this in a month was pretty ridiculous, even though I didn't have a huge amount planned. One day I'll come back to this to finish it, but it'll just be a demo today.

I've implemented sound and music. Need to come up with a few more sounds to polish the demo. I've set up a syncing program (PureSync) to sync between my runtime and source folders, which makes it easier to deal with, since I can just make changes to the source files, and automatically have them copied to the runtime folder. It also will sync the files whenever any file is changed. Good little shortcut. I wish more syncing programs had this feature.

Sounds good. For attempting to make a game in a month, you implemented quite a-lot - looking forward to the demo!
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2012, 11:25:18 PM »

Hey. So, here's the Windows pre-alpha demo for Misshoni. There's a readme included in the folder. Thanks a lot for reading and watching my progress through this month! I'll see about Linux and possibly Mac later on / tomorrow.

I'm glad to be finished. Back to other projects. Grin

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2012, 06:47:21 AM »

The goal was to make something in a month. I wasn't able to finish an entire game, so it's just a pre-alpha demo.

Connor
Level 8

Smooth talker, musician. Loves all things 70s.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2012, 08:17:17 AM »

Beg     IOS DEMO D: pleassseeeeeeeee  Waaagh!

Firearrow games
www.firearrowgames.net

blitzkampfer:
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=52009.msg1280646#msg1280646

too bad eggybooms ents are actually men in paper mache suits and they NEED to be agile
Code_Assassin
Level 5

freedom

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 01, 2012, 08:49:28 AM »

Is it just me - or when you try to run Misshoni you get a blank screen =/

« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 10:18:10 AM by Code_Assassin » Logged
Chis
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 01, 2012, 10:17:07 AM »

Awesome music, awesome sprites, awesome gameplay  Kiss reminds me of the Curly Brace level!
If you let the AI control your partner and you break the floor tiles in the second level and try going left, your partner gets stuck in the area below.

DustyDrake
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 01, 2012, 10:39:52 AM »

When you mentioned jumping off of your partner's head, I thought you meant that you could ride their head as they jumped, and then use that as a launching off point for a really high jump

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: November 01, 2012, 11:47:58 AM »

Beg     IOS DEMO D: pleassseeeeeeeee  Waaagh!

Haha, sorry, but the BGE doesn't export to IOS. Misshoni wouldn't be very comfortable on a mobile device anyway.

Is it just me - or when you try to run Misshoni you get a blank screen =/

Unfortunately, it's not just you. More unfortunately, it's not everyone, either. I think it has something to do with Intel graphics cards (are you using one?), like ones on laptops. If you try on something with a more high-power graphics card, like a desktop computer, it should work fine.

Awesome music, awesome sprites, awesome gameplay  Kiss reminds me of the Curly Brace level!
If you let the AI control your partner and you break the floor tiles in the second level and try going left, your partner gets stuck in the area below.

Thanks a lot. Yeah, that's a 'known issue', hah.

When you mentioned jumping off of your partner's head, I thought you meant that you could ride their head as they jumped, and then use that as a launching off point for a really high jump

I did, and it was in there, but it was a bit annoying to be jumping and suddenly be forced in the air by your AI partner. So, you can only jump on their head when their on the ground. In the full game, I would most likely implement better partner AI.

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: November 01, 2012, 02:17:34 PM »

Good job with the AI dude. And the game itself is very smooth and looks great! Smiley

Connor
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: November 01, 2012, 06:15:34 PM »

lol okay, this is pretty awkward, i thought ios was the macs format, i looked it up on wikipedia to find otherwise :/

Firearrow games
www.firearrowgames.net

blitzkampfer:

too bad eggybooms ents are actually men in paper mache suits and they NEED to be agile
Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 05, 2012, 10:35:02 AM »

I had no problems playing this on a 2 year old laptop Smiley
Love the style, and the controls feel solid aswell. It's hard to make a platformer feel "right" but this absolutely felt that way, good job.

I got stuck after about 2 minutes in, so I don't have alot to say about the content though :p

egoitzOsa
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2012, 12:34:58 AM »

I´m quite new here, in the forums (at least, as an active member), and Misshoni is one of my favourite projects here. I love what I´ve seen, so I only have to congratulate you and say to keep up the good work.

- I´m downloading the pre-alpha build now, don´t know when I´ll have time to test it, but I hope it´s soon Smiley -

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: November 08, 2012, 12:33:56 AM »

@eigenbom - Thanks.
@Connor - Hah, I'll see about a Mac demo soon.
@omgnoseat / egoitzOsa - Thanks!

So, that's it for the month of October. I'll now switch to development on Soldier Of. Let's go!

devMidgard
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 08, 2012, 02:42:14 AM »

@eigenbom - Thanks.
@Connor - Hah, I'll see about a Mac demo soon.
@omgnoseat / egoitzOsa - Thanks!

So, that's it for the month of October. I'll now switch to development on Soldier Of. Let's go!

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: November 08, 2012, 07:02:42 AM »

You're not the only one who's having this problem. Are you playing on a laptop or integrated graphics card? Please try on a more powerful graphics card, like on a desktop.

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2013, 01:15:50 AM »

Hey, what's up. So I haven't been working on this, but I ported it over to Linux. Test it out if you want and tell me if it how it works. I have 32-bit and 64-bit builds on my site.

The demo shouldn't be changed in any way; I know there's still bugs and stuff, and it's still extremely short (just two areas). If for nothing else, this should help with porting Valchion over to Linux and Mac (I'll see about Mac tomorrow, maybe).

If you want to help fund development of this and Valchion, head over to my game development blog (the link's on the left of my homepage) and donate a buck or summin'. Anyway, thanks!

Connor
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2013, 12:53:02 PM »

oh my god, i totally missed this topic. i see everythings going pretty damn well for new features and visuals :O
nice work

Firearrow games
www.firearrowgames.net

blitzkampfer:

poe
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2013, 01:43:18 PM »

Your website looks badass.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic