Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 05:05:19 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGames[s]Bob's Game[/s] POKEMAN
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54
Print
Author Topic: [s]Bob's Game[/s] POKEMAN  (Read 172284 times)
fish
DOOMERANG
Level 10

cant spell selfish without fish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1040 on: April 24, 2009, 02:36:09 PM »

i was excited about the new one until i realized its just yet another re-hash.
nothing's changed since the black and white days except for a few incremental additions like mating and day-night cycles.

i really wish they'd step it up a little. keep the same collection/battle gameplay but you know...bring it into this century.

i like pokemon a lot but i cant justv re-play the same thing over and over again. for 10 years.
i want a real sequel.

There where three incremental add ons that I felt really added something. Dark and Steel Pokemon fixed a really big imbalance from Red/Blue, where psychic Pokemon had a massive advantage. Pokemon being able to hold items, because it added a new pre-battle tactical thing. I also liked the beauty contests, if you played hardcore and tried to stick with one team for everything you had to plan your selection of attacks carefully to be good for both.

Most of the rest of it was fluff. With the occasional 'oh thats neat' thing. Like the item that lets you re-challenge trainers for twinking easily and the balancing of stat growth to reflect how much you used the Pokemon as well as how you raised it. I definitly can't deal with this 500 stuff they throw around these days. Bring back Pokemon Snap. Sad

[/Pokemon nerd]

see, thats what i mean. the only changes they ever made were incredibly technical/hardcore minutiae like that. i dont give a shit if a pokemon can hold an object now. a new edition of the game that does not warrant. just make it a fucking 3D open world already.

Glaiel-Gamer
« Reply #1041 on: April 24, 2009, 02:47:37 PM »

Dude, the thread title says POKEMON. Have you been paying attention at all?

I'm a nice man, though, so I'll refer to a good Bob's Game website.

http://www.bobsgame.com/

Favorite Pokemon: Sandslash.

haha bob has a contest asking people to draw fanart.

You don't do that, you let people decide that they like it enough to draw fan art on their own.

ON TOPIC:
A pokemon MMO would be amazing and not exactly hard to design or anything
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: April 24, 2009, 03:44:14 PM »

Actually, the Pokemon Universe is suitable for a whole ton of game genres. Example: a Meteos-style sliding blocks game in which each pokemon represents a different style of play.
kyn
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1043 on: April 25, 2009, 03:26:18 AM »

ON TOPIC:
A pokemon MMO would be amazing and not exactly hard to design or anything
There's tons of shitty unofficial Pokémon MMO's out there
genericuser
« Reply #1044 on: April 25, 2009, 07:13:06 AM »

Dude, the thread title says POKEMON. Have you been paying attention at all?

I'm a nice man, though, so I'll refer to a good Bob's Game website.

http://www.bobsgame.com/

Favorite Pokemon: Sandslash.

haha bob has a contest asking people to draw fanart.

You don't do that, you let people decide that they like it enough to draw fan art on their own.

People will draw fanart of him; and it will most likely rank 10 on a scale from 0 to 10.

...and that's the scale of how much brain bleach you need to forget that fanart, by the way.

Μarkham
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1045 on: April 25, 2009, 10:25:10 AM »

That was disappointment.  I was hoping more than a thread of people congratulating each other on their stock image Photoshops.

The contest itself though, isn't that a more legitimate form of marketing?  I don't see any problem with it.

Um... I mean, I once had a Pokemon team that was all the various evolved forms of Eevee.  Yes.

The-Imp
« Reply #1046 on: April 26, 2009, 06:55:36 PM »

i want a real sequel.
POKEMON BLUE 2. I'd actually play that.

I'm not gonna lie, Sapphire is my favorite. I don't know why... But Pokemon-wise it's the second generation.

fish
DOOMERANG
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1047 on: April 27, 2009, 07:43:57 AM »

i caved in and played 7 hours straight yesterday Sad

Renton
« Reply #1048 on: April 27, 2009, 09:28:50 AM »

I liked Sapphire because the world was designed pretty good, and the bikes were awesome. I haven't played the newer ones, so I don't know about them.
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: April 27, 2009, 09:57:47 AM »

Eh. Sapphire is my least favorite. The battles run really, reeeaaally slowly. And it's impossible to speed them up. Diamond has similar trouble, but it's at least slightly more interesting.

Gold/Silver is my favorite duo.
Renton
« Reply #1050 on: April 27, 2009, 10:09:23 AM »

I played the older ones in an emulator on my MMX first, so all battles ran REALLY slowly for me.
Titch
Level 3

Cautiously Pragmatic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1051 on: April 27, 2009, 10:56:13 AM »

see, thats what i mean. the only changes they ever made were incredibly technical/hardcore minutiae like that. i dont give a shit if a pokemon can hold an object now. a new edition of the game that does not warrant. just make it a fucking 3D open world already.

So basically you only care about better graphics? That's not very indie :p. As for open world, Pokemon felt pretty non-linear to me once you are passed the third gym in Red/Blue. It could be nifty if it went oblivion style and wild pokemon leveled along with the average level of your Pokemon or something.

It doesn't matter cos Ninty won't stop doing Pokemon on the hand-held and Stadium on the Consol until it stops making money, which will be never.

Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: April 27, 2009, 11:30:15 AM »

Pokemon is an old formula, and I really wouldn't mind replaying that base formula over and over again. To call all the Pokemon games the same is an overstatement- yes, the battle mechanic is the same and probably always will be. but that's what Pokemon is- a battle game with a rock-paper-scissors gameplay and plenty of depth, like EVs and hold items. The difference in the games, though, is the new world each game brings, and a new rule set to accommodate it. The new Pokemon will always usher in plenty of interesting battles, like Shedinja (or whatever) and its Miracle Guard. The new moves and items will renew the old formula for a long time.
So don't say no games have been good since Red or whatever. They have all just been the same game, but with something new there for fans of the older versions, like a new feature. The hold item, for example, was made to increase the depth of the game and give something new to the loyal fan.
(But some Pokemon games have been produced by different developers, and pretty much all of them SUCK. They lack a lot of what makes Pokemon so good, like, say, DEPTH.)

fish
DOOMERANG
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1053 on: April 27, 2009, 12:07:50 PM »

DETAILS.

but i bought it anyway Sad

Kneecaps
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: April 27, 2009, 12:45:03 PM »

Completely getting rid of every single battle animation and having instant text speed and skipable cutscenes would be enough of a change for me to buy the next version.
Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: April 27, 2009, 02:45:45 PM »

Well, in diamond&pearl you can choose to cut cut the battle animations. I could stand it, and I generally play for hours.

Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: April 28, 2009, 02:43:34 AM »

One of my biggest problems with Pokemon is that it isn't open-world at all. Even if you're more interested in breeding pokemon, or doing contests, you have no option but to beat the Gym Leaders in order to get everywhere. You should be able to make it through the entire game without having to defeat the Gym Leaders.
fish
DOOMERANG
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1057 on: April 28, 2009, 11:03:43 AM »

One of my biggest problems with Pokemon is that it isn't open-world at all. Even if you're more interested in breeding pokemon, or doing contests, you have no option but to beat the Gym Leaders in order to get everywhere. You should be able to make it through the entire game without having to defeat the Gym Leaders.

absolutely agree.
the world is just a series of hubs connected by linear roads.
it's super rigid.
it should just be a big open map.
it's amazing that it isnt when you think about it.

Melly
Level 10

This is how being from "da hood" is like, right?

View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: April 28, 2009, 11:49:45 AM »

To learn that fish likes pokemon.

Makes me feel all fuzzy, somehow.

Feel free to disregard the above.
Games: Minus / Action Escape Kitty
CyanPrime
BANNED
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: April 29, 2009, 10:12:20 AM »

Why did the topic go from bob's game to pokemon?

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic