Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411505 Posts in 69374 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 08:52:32 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsEarth Defenders HD
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Earth Defenders HD  (Read 3532 times)
Manuel777
Level 0

Indie rocks

View Profile WWW
« on: October 20, 2012, 04:20:01 PM »

Earth Defenders HD is a neo-retro arcade game featuring Tower Defense and FPS elements, and will be released for Android, Windows and
maybe Mac.
Basically the game is a complete remake of an old minigame I have made a few yers ago, wich was a Space Invaders twisted clone.

Gameplay:

Trailer:

Get it on Google Play!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.invadergames.earthdefenders

Little poster art I have made when starting the design Smiley

(click to see real size image)

Bonus weapon that blasts everything around

I dont really like bumping repeatedly (and its usually against the forums rules), so most devlog progress will be posted on IndieDB, click the badge to see the game there! Smiley

The game alredy has:
  • 5 different bonuses
  • 11 different enemies
  • 10 different bosses
  • waves/arcade mode fully implemented
  • Control layouts for different platforms
  • Menu fully implemented
  • Weapons upgrading with crystals
  • Story mode (all done!)
  • Online Highscores
  • Redeem codes
  • ..And pretty much everything else (movements, ai, weapons, points, etc)

Im working on:
  • Nothing?

I have to do:
  • Nothing!

Cheers![/list]
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 04:09:07 AM by Manuel777 » Logged

Cellusious
Level 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 02:09:24 AM »

Looks great.

Manuel777
Level 0

Indie rocks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 08:44:32 PM »

Thanks Cell! :D

Progress!

• Completed the main menu and submenues
  • Added currency (crystals), wich are earnable by advancing trough the waves (1 for each new wave you reach)
  • Completed the upgrades engine (upgrades are bought with crystals)
  • Added a boss for the 20th wave, next I'll add 25th and 30th
  • Started working on the briefing screen for the arcade mode
  • Camera shake, weapons balancing, minor stuff
  • Left space for the campaign mode and wrote introductory storyboard :D
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 08:39:54 PM by Manuel777 » Logged

Manuel777
Level 0

Indie rocks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 08:39:08 PM »

Uploaded a gameplay trailer for those interested on viewing the game in motion, check it out on

! :D

Ps: Make sure you watch it on HD-720p Wink

amidos2006
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 01:23:09 AM »

Nice particles and nice art Smiley I saw the video yesterday and love it Smiley

Exe_mas
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2012, 10:13:50 AM »

This game looks good!! I like the Retro-TV effect and the bullet patterns haha!
I will follow this game!!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 10:28:01 AM by Exe_mas » Logged
Swaggermuffin
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2012, 12:07:45 AM »

I want to touch this.
Manuel777
Level 0

Indie rocks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 08:09:48 AM »

Earth Defenders is now on IndieGoGo for fundraising, for more details you can see its page there!
http://www.indiegogo.com/earthdefendershd?show_todos=true&a=1677137

Happy campaign! I hope this goes well so I can fiinish this game the way I want :D
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 04:38:00 PM by Manuel777 » Logged

amidos2006
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2012, 01:04:12 AM »

Earth Defenders is now on IndieGoGo for fundraising, for more details you can see its page there!
http://www.indiegogo.com/earthdefendershd?show_todos=true&a=1677137

Happy campaign! I hope this goes well so I can fiinish this game the way I want :D

will tweet about that Smiley

schoenepauck
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2012, 05:33:53 AM »

I like the style. The bullets being pulled back by gravity is really cool. With the dead invaders falling down to earth, the screen becomes a bit cluttered sometimes, though (but maybe I'm just getting too old to handle that? Smiley ) Hope you will release a Mac and/or iOS Version. I'd love to give this a try!

Manuel777
Level 0

Indie rocks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2012, 08:12:35 PM »

I like the style. The bullets being pulled back by gravity is really cool. With the dead invaders falling down to earth, the screen becomes a bit cluttered sometimes, though (but maybe I'm just getting too old to handle that? Smiley ) Hope you will release a Mac and/or iOS Version. I'd love to give this a try!
Actually no.. the dead invaders go to the background of the live ones, and get darker Wink

I would love to port it to iOS and Mac for huge number of reasons, but unfurtunately I dont own any iDevices atm, and they are pretty darn expensive outside the US! thats what the funding is for, if it goes well :D

amidos2006
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2012, 10:17:33 AM »

..... thats what the funding is for, if it goes well :D

I hope so Smiley the game looks nice a lot Smiley by the way where are you from as u mention that iDevices are expensive (I thought they are expensive in Egypt only becz retailers consider iDevices are devices for rich people so they raise its price by a large amount (also government shipping taxes are large on those devices) besides there are no contract deals in Egypt like in America Sad

Manuel777
Level 0

Indie rocks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2012, 03:50:02 PM »

..... thats what the funding is for, if it goes well :D

I hope so Smiley the game looks nice a lot Smiley by the way where are you from as u mention that iDevices are expensive (I thought they are expensive in Egypt only becz retailers consider iDevices are devices for rich people so they raise its price by a large amount (also government shipping taxes are large on those devices) besides there are no contract deals in Egypt like in America Sad

I am from Argentina, the problem is similar as in Egypt, here the currency is very devaluated and therefore the prices spike when it comes to Technology, especially iDevices, because they are imported (there we have customs, and shipping included), so yeah only rich or wealthy people have easy access to them.

Example; Common salary here is about $3000-5000 Ars (pesos), and 1 USD = 4.7 ARS. An iPad 3 here is ~3500 ARS, bought on eBay and paying the required taxes and customs, if you buy it on a local store you have to pay much, much more!

amidos2006
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2012, 12:56:32 AM »

I am from Argentina, the problem is similar as in Egypt, here the currency is very devaluated and therefore the prices spike when it comes to Technology, especially iDevices, because they are imported (there we have customs, and shipping included), so yeah only rich or wealthy people have easy access to them.

Example; Common salary here is about $3000-5000 Ars (pesos), and 1 USD = 4.7 ARS. An iPad 3 here is ~3500 ARS, bought on eBay and paying the required taxes and customs, if you buy it on a local store you have to pay much, much more!

Nice to meet talented people from Argentina Smiley by the way the iPhone is much cheaper at your country than mine according to ur example
here the common salary is about 1500 - 2500 EGP (Egyptian Pound) and 1 USD = 6.6 EGP and an iPad 3 here is starting from 4500 EGP Sad which is very expensive Sad

I am so sad that your indieGoGo campaign isnot running good, Hope I can support you but I am broken Sad So forgive me Sad I tried to spread the word around twitter but seems that non replied or checked it Sad

Hope you can make that nice game Smiley and consider me buying it when it finished (as soon as I have money) Smiley

Manuel777
Level 0

Indie rocks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2012, 08:28:31 PM »

Nice to meet talented people from Argentina Smiley by the way the iPhone is much cheaper at your country than mine according to ur example
here the common salary is about 1500 - 2500 EGP (Egyptian Pound) and 1 USD = 6.6 EGP and an iPad 3 here is starting from 4500 EGP Sad which is very expensive Sad

I am so sad that your indieGoGo campaign isnot running good, Hope I can support you but I am broken Sad So forgive me Sad I tried to spread the word around twitter but seems that non replied or checked it Sad

Hope you can make that nice game Smiley and consider me buying it when it finished (as soon as I have money) Smiley

Well, its a very similar situation, if you buy on a local store the prices spike to about that price as well! its very frustrating that just because of the brand we outsiders have to pay such extreme prices if we want (or need, as in my case) such devices  Concerned
Oh, and thanks for spreading the word anyway! Smiley

Btw, progress on Earth Defenders! yaay!
  • Finished Chapter III, and started with IV (final).
  • Started working on the server backend for highscores and redeem codes.
  • Fixed achievements screen, added a couple more.
  • Added defenders shield technology (only on story mode)
  • Grammar fixes.. lots of grammar fixes.
  • Tons of common little bugfixes and code optimizations I do on a daily basis Smiley

I will probably be recording a real trailer once I finish chapter IV, so I can showcase some of the scenes and action from the story mode, wich is pretty freaking awesome when you see it in motion (stuff blowing up, tons of aliens firing at you while the HP goes low, frenzy killing sprees and so on). Expect an update next week or so, the last chapter has to be perfect! :D

Manuel777
Level 0

Indie rocks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2012, 01:38:05 PM »

The game is now complete! I added a

showing off the newest features from the game, you cna play it on any Android 2.3+ device right from Google Play!!

Enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it guys! (and dont forget to rate it *winks*)

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic