Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411431 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58417 Members - Latest Member: gigig987

April 20, 2024, 04:41:45 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSlimeful: Greedy Piggy Chase!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Slimeful: Greedy Piggy Chase!!  (Read 15091 times)
Uykered
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2012, 11:34:23 PM »

Beauiotful!
Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2012, 09:06:40 AM »

Thanks guys!

Fun fact #135: The drawing on the rock is from our studio's logo!

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2012, 09:59:32 AM »

Are you planning to add any mobility power-ups (speed-up, etc)?
Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2012, 10:05:28 AM »

Are you planning to add any mobility power-ups (speed-up, etc)?

Good question.

Carrying lots of coins slows you down a bit, so banking coins in the pig will technically speed you up, giving you another reason to chase the pig down often. It's not exactly what you meant, but it shows how speed is a very important factor in the game.

We're also playing around with how the sword and staff power-ups work - they will probably add a bit of speed to the character's movement. I'm thinking we should have only 1 or 2 power-ups tops, to keep it easy to understand.

tchassin
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2012, 10:43:27 AM »

Really diggin' those sketches!  Kiss

ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2012, 12:15:25 PM »

Work in progress for the map art. Still a lot of work to do  Epileptic

Any advice how to do artwork in this style? :p

Pixelulsar
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2012, 01:32:49 PM »

Looking great. 

Is there going to be a reward for returning lots of coins at once, a high risk high reward thing?

Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2012, 09:36:13 AM »

Work in progress menus:

Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2012, 05:48:55 PM »

Player activation screen:

SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2012, 06:05:18 PM »

Hah, that looks really cool. Do the hats do anything? Or do they just differentiate the slimes? Can you pick your own, or does each slime have its own hat?

laserfire
Level 0

Level 10,000

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2012, 06:16:19 PM »

Dom! It's been so long since I've seen your work!

We used to be friends on LiveJournal. (I was ninja__attack.)

Your stuff looks amazing! Keep it up!

Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2012, 06:18:33 PM »

Hah, that looks really cool. Do the hats do anything? Or do they just differentiate the slimes? Can you pick your own, or does each slime have its own hat?

Hats depend on the number of players and which player you are. You can't choose them yet, maybe someday if the game catches on!

Dom! It's been so long since I've seen your work!

Hey thanks! The LJ days are so far in the past now, you guys were a great motivation and support! Smiley

Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2012, 10:52:20 PM »

We're almost there! We'll be presenting the game at the Mount Royal Game Society on Wednesday, then we'll take our time to polish the game for a while!

Took quite a long time for me to produce the background art for the game - I really wanted it to be detailed and colorful - but it was worth it. I'll probably tweak it and add some details in the coming weeks, when I have a bit more time.

I took some time to do some animation too - slimes exploding! It's sort of a placeholder, ince I don't have time to do proper animation... But it's still kinda funny!

We tested the game a bit, but only amongst our team (and with my girlfriend!), so I'm expecting some issues will pop up when fellow devs test the game out on Wednesday. We'll do a round of tweaks and patching up in the next couple weeks, then we'll be ready to show it again at some other event!

pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2012, 11:04:38 PM »

We tested the game a bit, but only amongst our team (and with my girlfriend!), so I'm expecting some issues will pop up when fellow devs test the game out on Wednesday.
I'm jealous of those devs. This seems like a good game to sit down with my girlfriend and/or family and have some insane fun playing.

Any chance of a release date or public testing coming soon? Tongue

Dom2D
Level 5

I'll do it myself then!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2012, 08:14:12 AM »

Any chance of a release date or public testing coming soon? Tongue

We're taking our time on this one - we'll present the game in any event that shows interest, we'll put it in Montreal's Arcade Royale cabinet and we'll gather as much hands-on feedback as we can. We'll fix and tweak it for a while, then we'll start thinking about how we should release Greedy Piggy Chase to the public. We also need to fix and test controller support and various screen resolutions before releasing it.

One last big crunch time today, hopefully I can add a couple animations and polish a couple assets!

Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2012, 09:15:07 AM »

Random idea : Let the player choose to be a monster who doesn't collect coins, but instead exists soley to get in the other player's way and can drop traps, shoot fireballs etc.  Possibly give the player the option to do this after being defeated by another player.
Ashkin
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2012, 02:28:35 PM »

Lookin' good. Maybe add some particle effects- purple stuff bubbling, water running with fish jumping, etcetera. Also, the purple stuff looks a little out of place in the center town- maybe replace it with spikes?
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2012, 05:10:54 PM »

Random idea : Let the player choose to be a monster who doesn't collect coins, but instead exists soley to get in the other player's way and can drop traps, shoot fireballs etc.  Possibly give the player the option to do this after being defeated by another player.

I like this idea. Sounds like the Zombie mode in the Bomberman games where you would ride around in a cart on the edge of the map chucking bombs at the remaining players.

EDIT: By the way, the game's looking great, and I love the style and colors. The red roofs seem a little off to me, though - maybe they're too bright with not enough contrast. Otherwise, it's great.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 07:31:24 PM by SolarLune » Logged

pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2012, 05:27:33 PM »

I like this idea. Sounds like the Zombie mode in the Bomberman games where you would ride around in a cart on the edge of the map chucking bombs at the remaining players.
Oh my god, I loved doing that. It was too funny sometimes.

I'll put in another vote for the idea.

ScaryPotato
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2012, 06:14:57 PM »

Just wanted to say that it's super awesome seeing the work you put in to help all the games get a little extra exposure on top of putting in the time to work on your own games.  Gentleman

Love the illustration-y style! The death animation could be pushed a bit, but you've already made note of that. 'Til then, I'll just feast my eyes on all the delicious colours!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic