Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 01:46:10 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)Archived ProjectsIndie BrawlRebooting this Project
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Rebooting this Project  (Read 11894 times)
Sachamel
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2013, 06:03:26 PM »

Hi, I'm new to the forums, but been lurking here for some weeks and been a fan of the game for some time; also lately have been trying my hand at spriting so I'd like to post some contributions in the near future (have a few unfinished Blue Knight sprites).

What I wanted to ask is if it's OK to bump the old threads with opinions/suggestions, even if I've haven't got anything to contribute.
chaated
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2013, 06:35:19 PM »

I think somebody with existing knowledge of what has already been done on this project needs to just let people know what is needed and what is not.  Like, where is this in development?
Widget
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2013, 07:19:06 PM »

More than anything else, what's needed now is to get the graphics caught up with the coding. Basically, any characters that are in the game but missing animations could do with finishing off before anyone starts thinking of new content again.

The sprites are quite a long way behind (they have been for as long as I've been following IB) but every frame someone creates is one less between the current build and a shiny, fanfare-release-worthy product  Wink
theweb0123
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2013, 12:56:16 PM »

Hey, I just stumbled across your project from TV Tropes. I'm a spriter, and I'd hate to see this awesome game die. What do you guys need sprited yet? Let me know ASAP.
gimymblert
Level 10

The archivest master, leader of all documents

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2013, 01:35:10 PM »

You should go 3D

thatbrod
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2013, 03:29:04 PM »

Here are some characters that haven't been finished yet

Xoda Rap
Dwarf
Turner
Trilby
Barkley
Spelunker
Gish
Blue Knight

Pick your favorite :D

Sir Raptor
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2013, 04:38:42 PM »

Keep in mind that it's been suggested some characters, Dwarf specifically, be removed from the game. Also, it's been suggested that Crate Boxer be a playable character as well.
theweb0123
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2013, 05:09:24 PM »

Huh? Wow that's a crazy sprite style.

I feel kinda stupid now since I know exactly 2 of these guys. I guess I can start on Gish, but man is that a weird sprite style.
Soulliard
Level 10

The artist formerly known as Nightshade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2013, 01:10:54 PM »

Well, the project was started in 2008, so the character list is heavily influenced by what was popular back then. If the project is revived, the roster could probably use an update.

ithamore
TIGSource Editor
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2013, 12:12:41 PM »

What sounds need finishing?

Please help TimW, a longtime promoter of indie gaming everywhere and an old friend of TIGSource, to write about indie games full-time.
oh ok
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2013, 10:42:13 PM »

a big problem with this project is that it quickly escalated and people got ambitious and started adding one billion playable characters. and the contributors couldn't keep up with the frenzy

i think someone could take over and set smaller milestones with well defined goals, eg finishing 4 characters COMPLETELY. then polish to max, then release a demo thing.

i think the community would appreciate it if we had a polished game with 4 playable characters instead of an unfinished game with 30 unfinished characters

edit:
just another suggestion. in true SUPER SMASH BROTHERS MELEE vein, i think it would be better to keep most of the suggestions to a "museum"/"database" of sorts, in-game.

the amount of indie games being made while indie brawl itself is being made is huge, and adding every popular game as a character/stage/support char would be pretty insane

my suggestion is just trim the roster size a lot and keep the suggested games as "trophies" you can find in a story mode or so. i dunno.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 10:49:08 PM by oh ok » Logged
thatbrod
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2013, 03:15:23 PM »

I agree! I'm going to focus on Iji, Naija, Nikujin, and the Golden Knight. I'm going to stay as true as to the original as I can as I go about it.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic