Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411423 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 18, 2024, 03:03:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsRemnant
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Print
Author Topic: Remnant  (Read 25390 times)
Raskous
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2012, 09:28:41 AM »

Great art style ! But the way you exposed your game concept makes me feel that you want to do a  bit of everything in the same game, and I don't really see what will be the pace (there will be no combat if I understand well). Also, since you have a short deadline do not underestimate the crafting and collecting thing (it means a lot of GUI design).
I did not mean to discourage you of course, keep up the beautiful work Wink
Seiseki
Level 5

Starmancer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2012, 09:39:03 AM »

Looks really unique, well done! :D

seancruz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2012, 10:02:39 AM »

Amazing artwork! I am really looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Good luck with your project (and thesis)!

Thanks!

Great art style ! But the way you exposed your game concept makes me feel that you want to do a  bit of everything in the same game, and I don't really see what will be the pace (there will be no combat if I understand well). Also, since you have a short deadline do not underestimate the crafting and collecting thing (it means a lot of GUI design).
I did not mean to discourage you of course, keep up the beautiful work Wink

Thanks! Well, in one sense, I would like to see the game developed and polished into a finished product. However, that's the long-term goal. The short term goal is to have a playable demo with minimal mechanics for my senior thesis show. The short term goal will probably not have any crafting; maybe a bit of crafting like crafting your first weapon, or light source. Either way, I'm not going to have a finished product by March/April, just a playable demo for the show.

As for pacing, the game will have combat, but it's not the main mechanic; the main mechanic is to explore, collect, and analyze the remaining artifacts of 3 abandoned civilizations. However, there will be times you will have to defend yourself, or hunt for food.

Looks really unique, well done! :D

Thanks!

Raskous
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2012, 10:40:32 AM »

I see that you really want to have the focus on the exploration, to have a bit of danger from time to time like you said makes sense and will certainly fit into the mood. And I see that you seem pretty realistic regarding your planning goals.

Good luck,
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2012, 02:37:07 PM »

Any news on this? Smiley
BomberTREE
Level 9

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2012, 10:59:07 PM »

Stunning concepts!
Very much interested!
seancruz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2012, 01:09:43 PM »

Lots of sketches for the Remnant focusing on the environment and level design. The last slide introduces a mechanic Chris Lewis and I were discussing. There will be floating islands in the game, but they only float if certain gaseous or air-sac plants live on them. If you blow up the air-sacs the island falls. We were also thinking of giving the player the ability to grow these plants on large rocks by throwing seeds on them.

Big news for the game-I'm no longer doing the game solo; I am now in a team with Chris Lewis from game art development major, and Gabriel Sorondo from illustration major at Ringling College. Chris will be programming the game and making it possible, and Gabriel will be doing the music for the game. I'm very excited! Can't wait to see what our collaboration and team work produces!

MadWatch
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2012, 01:41:42 PM »

Very pretty.
I love that.
Boud
Level 0

They try to kill ya everytime...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2012, 04:18:46 PM »

I soooo loooove the concept arts and the feeling of the game. I'm getting an ico/shadow of the colossus/journey kinda "lonely vibe" in mysterious worlds/remnants of civilisation. I am hooked, keep up the amazing work !
zede05
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2012, 06:22:45 AM »

Oh man, nice artworks. Makes me wanna get out the 'ol sketchbook. Haha. With everything digital nowadays, one doesn't actually see pencil on paper as much anymore.

seancruz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2012, 09:41:03 PM »

Hello folks, I know it's been quite a long time since any update. The project is not dead, rather, it's been in the works. I've been working on several official levels (not concept art) and I have two nearly finished; I provided two sneak peaks of the two levels :)Unfortunately, the image host site has degraded the quality of the image a bit, so some details are blurry or grainy.

The team has decided to develop the game in Unity rather than Flash. We believe that Unity will provide better resources and tools for the development of this game, as well as a better engine. We also have several new mechanics on the table; we are not sure if they will all be done by April, but who knows!

happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2012, 01:36:42 AM »

Great images, if a bit sinister!  Shocked
happymonster
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2013, 01:40:07 PM »

Hello! Does work continue? Smiley
seancruz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2013, 02:30:12 PM »

Hello happymonster,

you can bet a lot of work is going on. I usually do not like to give updates without images to show, but many levels are in WIP and so far everything is going good Smiley

I'd show some of these levels, but they are not in color yet.

pluckyporcupine
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2013, 02:45:53 PM »

Man, this just continues to look stunning. So much so that my girlfriend is near convinced to throw money at the screen when this is finished.

I see it's halfway from the time this was originally posted until April. How is it coming along in terms of being done for the thesis?

C.D Buckmaster
Level 7

Death via video games

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2013, 05:43:00 PM »

How have I not noticed this thread before?  Your art style is amazing, keep up the good work!
zede05
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2013, 01:51:09 AM »

Lookin' stunning!

seancruz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2013, 03:36:16 PM »

Man, this just continues to look stunning. So much so that my girlfriend is near convinced to throw money at the screen when this is finished.

I see it's halfway from the time this was originally posted until April. How is it coming along in terms of being done for the thesis?

Haha thanks, and thank your girlfriend for the compliment. So far, we are nailing down all the basic stuff. We've got movement, physics, and collision detection working. Right now I'll be tackling character animation. Chris is now working on the climbing mechanic, and setting up parallaxes.

How have I not noticed this thread before?  Your art style is amazing, keep up the good work!

Thanks, will do! Yea, I'm not so good at updating my thread lol. It gets tiring after a while of monitoring it unless I need to add things.

Lookin' stunning!

Thanks! Same for your game! Looking forward to its completion.

seancruz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2013, 09:03:17 PM »

Tiny update:

I've been working on the animation. It's taking a long time, but it's getting better. So far just a little WIP preview.

Also, I've recently made a quick website using blogger. I think it should be suitable for now. The title logo of the game was changed to something better. I've also chosen to reveal a symbol that is important in the game. I wonder if anyone will ever figure out what it means :p

www.mezuachronicles.blogspot.com
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 01:10:13 PM by seancruz » Logged

seancruz
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2013, 04:15:32 PM »

Finished the skeleton animation. I've already begun on fleshing out the actual character, and it's going by faster than the skeleton.

In other news: we are close to completing level 1! Soon I'll be posting some new things as well Smiley
Spread the word, and make sure to like our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/mezuachronicles

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic