Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411419 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: timothy feriandy

April 17, 2024, 09:21:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe Wild West
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Author Topic: The Wild West  (Read 21954 times)
egoitzOsa
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2013, 11:37:03 AM »

Firstly, happy new year to everyone Smiley

Secondly, here we go:

I thought you were on holidays but.. I WANT MORE  Cry

It´s nice to know that there is people like you with interest in this personal firstly project. Really, thanks for being there.
Yes, I´m at holidays and I haven´t got too much time these last weeks, so that´s the reason of having lack of updates about the progress. I´m slowly getting back to the project (allthoug I´m officialy at holidays till the 10th) and I´m making lots of mayor changes to the game (or at least, that´s what I think), starting from the start screen. I´ve been thinking about new features and options for extending the gameplay, and all these new concepts may delay the game progress.

Oh, and also I´m retouching all the animations (and it´s frames, one by one) to improve the main character and make it fit better with the enviroment and the far west.
They are maybe little changes, but, I want to make them, I like pay attention to little details).

I´ll show you something new as soon as I can, but I want to make sure that it´s worth of it, so please, sorry this delays and no-notice days/weeks, but don´t get alarmed, the project is not cancelled and i´m still working hard on it Smiley.

This looks great. Haven't really read the comments so I don't know if it's been mentioned, but readability looks like it'll be an issue. I have a hard time seeing the objectives and such looking at the .gifs

Yes, I think that it has been mentioned at least once.
I´ve been testing it and allthough it can seem that, I don´t think that the readability is a problem (hope you think so once I release a testing alpha or something). I think it´s easy to adapt to the gameplay and control the enemy respawns (allthough you will need to "learn" each enemy´s behaviours o basic movements behaviours).

------

Sorry for my bad english (worse than ever), and thanks for beeing there :D.
Have a nice new year start.

gnodab2
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2013, 05:30:17 AM »

I totally want to play this game!
R.D.
Level 2

Making a game about balls. Yepp.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2013, 06:36:47 AM »

Looks sweet. Hope the controls can keep up with the action so it does not get to unfair.

egoitzOsa
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2013, 06:43:34 AM »

I totally want to play this game!

Thanks to every feedback as this I receive :D.

Looks sweet. Hope the controls can keep up with the action so it does not get to unfair.

I think the controls are fast responding and it´s really easy to learn how to play. I think the skill of each one is a very important factor, not only on this game, even for all the games.
The alpha or beta I was planning to release is still planned, but will be published later this year, I don´t know when, but I´ll be speaking about it. I still have a lot of (new) work to do.

-------

Allthough it may seem, this project is not dead, and the lack of news is due to holidays and some big changes I´m making on it.
I´ve been thinking about the project during my holidays, and I´ve some new ideas that need hard work but they will make a much bigger (and replayable) game than what it is now, so, I only can ask for patience. And well, I´ve improved the main character design, so I´m redoing all the animations with more details and making them more natural (I think). It´s a hard work, but I´m liking the result.
As I said yesterday on twitter: sometimes is better to walk rather than running.

I´ll show something new "soon", I promise you.
Thanks for being there.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 06:48:58 AM by egoitzOsa » Logged

Taber
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2013, 08:22:36 AM »

This is such a promising project! Love the look and feel of the game so far.

Ok, a couple ideas for long-term development:
You should have different "stages" of wild west development in order to tie in an over-all progression into the game.

For instance, you could have old west building and stage coaches pop up on screen, slowly turning it into a town, then a bustling city.

Ok ok, I must admit, what I REALLY want is for you to use that awesome Cinemascope layout for a gunfight duel finale! Pweeeeeeeease? Well, hello there!

egoitzOsa
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2013, 10:02:15 AM »

This is such a promising project! Love the look and feel of the game so far.

Ok, a couple ideas for long-term development:
You should have different "stages" of wild west development in order to tie in an over-all progression into the game.

For instance, you could have old west building and stage coaches pop up on screen, slowly turning it into a town, then a bustling city.

Ok ok, I must admit, what I REALLY want is for you to use that awesome Cinemascope layout for a gunfight duel finale! Pweeeeeeeease? Well, hello there!

Thanks Taber for such words and shown interest :D.

About your ideas, I gotta say I didn´t work in the project in christmas, but I thinked a lot about it and about stablishing my objectives and things like that (maybe, too high objetives for beeing my first "serious" game, but hey, let´s try reaching there without rush).

I´m not going to tell much (for now) about stages or levels, but I can advance taht the game will be divided in chapters (each one, with one final boss, of course Smiley).

And about the gunfight duel finale... sorry to (half) disappoint you. I have a certain idea for the end of the main gamemode (a give you a clue about other features of the game Wink), and I think you´re gonna like it too (and of course, I´m going to try to surprise you too), but, in the other hand (and that´s way I can half-dissapoint you, and not all Wink) I´ve plans to make something related for what you desire (but, I still don´t want to advance more).

Meanwhile, I´m still redoing all the animations (the character has a lot more detail and better (and a lot more) movements) and rewriting all the controls/animation system.
I´ll show it soon, it´s a lot better than previous screens, I promise Smiley.

Thanks for all your support guys.

egoitzOsa
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2013, 03:33:27 AM »

Yes, we (I and 'The Wild West') are still alive.

* The image is at 1:1 scale, click it to see at x2

egoitzOsa
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2013, 01:05:09 PM »

A small advance of the near future big update of The Wild West. Lots (really, lots) of things to show:

I know the frames are differentes sizes up and down, I "recorded" it in a rush, the game is perfectly simetric, haha.

wethesqueemish
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2013, 04:06:51 PM »

Love everything so far, very promising project!
CptnWaffles
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2013, 07:55:13 AM »

The dust clouds look phenomenal.  Are those just alpha'd particles or is there more magic going on than that?  Smiley
melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2013, 11:41:53 AM »

Is it the near future? Hope it is going well.

play hydlide 2
egoitzOsa
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2013, 02:31:43 PM »

The dust clouds look phenomenal.  Are those just alpha'd particles or is there more magic going on than that?  Smiley

Ey, thanks man. They are not the final version still, but I want to be there for now to check the performance and things like that.
There´s no lot of magic there (and the .gif compression doesn´t help too much, haha), a couple of different particle systems with randomized alpha, size, speed and those things.

Thanks for your interest man! Not sure about what to answer here, haha. Is it the future? Yes! In the "near" future? Depends of what you think about near, but I don´t have any concrete date to give still.

Sorry fot the lack of updates these last weeks. I´d a back sore that didn´t help me work on it, but luckily, I´m getting back again, so I hope to have some big new updates soon here (I´ve changed, improved and implemented lots of things since the last post, so I want to keep them in secret till the next post). I think you´ll enjoy them.

So, as always, thanks for all your interest, I´ll be posting something new soon. Promised.

melos
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2013, 02:39:52 PM »

Ey, thanks man. They are not the final version still, but I want to be there for now to check the performance and things like that.
There´s no lot of magic there (and the .gif compression doesn´t help too much, haha), a couple of different particle systems with randomized alpha, size, speed and those things.

Thanks for your interest man! Not sure about what to answer here, haha. Is it the future? Yes! In the "near" future? Depends of what you think about near, but I don´t have any concrete date to give still.

Sorry fot the lack of updates these last weeks. I´d a back sore that didn´t help me work on it, but luckily, I´m getting back again, so I hope to have some big new updates soon here (I´ve changed, improved and implemented lots of things since the last post, so I want to keep them in secret till the next post). I think you´ll enjoy them.

So, as always, thanks for all your interest, I´ll be posting something new soon. Promised.

Wooorrks for me!

play hydlide 2
ericmbernier
Level 3

Sometimes I make games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2013, 08:06:03 AM »

This looks great. The Wild West theme caught my eye, so I'm subscribing for updates!

TNERB
Level 5

gamez stink

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2013, 11:42:36 PM »

This looks really great so far, I can't wait to play this! I like that old tv effect.

matriax
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2013, 02:04:21 AM »

A small advance of the near future big update of The Wild West. Lots (really, lots) of things to show:

I know the frames are differentes sizes up and down, I "recorded" it in a rush, the game is perfectly simetric, haha.

Every .gif looks better :O
egoitzOsa
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2013, 10:55:02 PM »

Hallo men
Thanks for your kindy comments Smiley

I´ve been out of the project for months due to personal issues, but I´m getting back slowly and gotta say I´m re-building everything from scratch.
I don´t know when I´m going to have something to show but, definetly, I´m workin´ on it again  Smiley.

You´ll be informed Wink

dx0ne
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2013, 02:34:50 AM »

I don´t know when I´m going to have something to show but, definetly, I´m workin´ on it again  Smiley.

Recently I was at job interview in CD Project RED(makers of Witcher) and when they asked me what game I'm looking for yours was only one that popped in my head Smiley So push it cuz THEY KNOW Wink

https://itch.io/dx0ne<br />faking gamedev success since 2083
egoitzOsa
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2013, 10:34:13 PM »

Recently I was at job interview in CD Project RED(makers of Witcher) and when they asked me what game I'm looking for yours was only one that popped in my head Smiley So push it cuz THEY KNOW Wink

Oh man, oh man, are you serious? That´s fuc**** incredible! Thanks!! Don´t know what to say!

I can only say that I´m practically rebuilding everything (lots of graphics included) practically from scratch, but everything is lot more optimized and I think you´re gonna like it more when I get to show it.
In the meanwhile, thanks for these awesome kind words, it makes me work harder.

I don´t want to show anything or give clues, so I´ll show few things when I think they are ready to show Smiley.

And about you, how that interview went?

Voltz.Supreme
Level 3

Iron Synth Chef & Voltage Architect

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2013, 06:47:21 PM »

Always waiting in anticipation! :D

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic