I'm writing everything from scratch so it's bound to be very bad controls in the beginning for everything. It feels very clunky at the moment. But all this will be fixed eventually
The whole UI will get much much better in time.
Yeah the cam speed will be adjusted no problem.
There are currently no settings files at all. I'll create a bunch of these. Everything must be modifiable and in an easy way
I'm rushing ahead and don't really care about the smaller details (which makes products feel solid) right now. I wanna make a playable metal man stage as soon as possible. I'm not far away.
And no, the sounds and graphics which are borrowed are just placeholders. I will make piece unique and brand new.
There's these things left before I can actually complete a metal man stage:
* camera on rail <- I begun implementing this tonight. this is to lock for example camera to only move in X and not in Y so when a player jumps the camera won't go up and down.
* fix camera on rail -> screen transition like megaman. aka gliding between some screens from different positions.
* apply force on player on certain areas, for example on the conveyor belt.
* create spiky death trap object. (will be scriptable in very later stage)
* create drilling enemy which moves vertically
* create jumping on spinning metal wheel enemy
* create metal samba-totem-enemy.
* create glider enemy
* load/save objects (right now these are just thrown away)
Maybe I'll try to add metal man boss aswell.
I'll maybe post a video tomorrow night with a fixed camera, depending on if anything else happens in my life. Got real time work to do aswell
Thanx alot for feedback and comments!