Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 04:31:54 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsSportsHot-Blood TAG Brawl [FINISHED]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Hot-Blood TAG Brawl [FINISHED]  (Read 15334 times)
whilefun
Level 1

Making games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2012, 02:23:23 PM »

Oh man, latest screen looks great. Can't wait to play! Smiley

MapiMopi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2012, 10:42:23 AM »

Little changes here and there, but the most awesome progress is this: we have music! Really cool nes-y sounds! All thanks goes to Pcmx.

Now I'm really close to release, but still need final burst. If only I could work on the game more than half a hour per day.

Screenshot below shows new seats with players who are not on the field, also has little explanation on how you control your dudes.
Here's a current version:

Code_Assassin
Level 5

freedom

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2012, 10:58:16 AM »

Sweetness! This is looking really good. It would also be pretty funny if not purely aesthetic if you added little exclamations above the players on the bench("#!@?"). You also need a ref - or someone taking fallen players out on stretchers Tongue
Mallus
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2012, 10:54:17 AM »

Lol this looks fun, nicely done.
Franklin's Ghost
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2012, 04:24:54 AM »

Liking the graphics Smiley

MapiMopi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2012, 12:26:13 PM »

Yay for beating people's faces and telling that it's just such a sport!

Here comes the final version!
Uploaded to kongregate, hope I do everything right.
http://www.kongregate.com/games/mapimopi/hot-blood-tag-brawl
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 03:04:52 PM by MapiMopi » Logged

Aaron
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2012, 04:14:43 PM »

Awesome! Love it all, except defense seemed impossibly difficult, or is that just me?
Joshua
Level 5

Be rad to one another!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2012, 04:52:58 PM »

@Aaron
Tapping z seems to make you run a bit faster. As far as playing defense (getting my faces punched in), I don't have any good strategies yet.  Wink

mks
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2012, 05:14:24 PM »

I have problems with the defense, too. Maybe you could lower the speed of the attacking AI player a little bit?

As to the rest: great game! Love the art style and the music. Well done guys!  Beer!

Where's the Spelunky 2 DevLog, Derek?
Fromage de Soja
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2012, 07:26:42 PM »

Nice! You going to get kongregate api implemented? A Little high scores leaderboard action?
MapiMopi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2012, 08:11:14 PM »

Hey guys, thanks for your replies.

I know that AI is a cheesy person, I would really like to just rewrite that stuff but I don't have enough of spare time on me for that right now. For the same reason I probably won't implement kongregate api, though it is an awesome idea.

But I've changed things a little, so you should have better time defensing now. It's pretty exploitable now, but you can easily get you face smashed if you relax or your teammates all gathered in one place.

Try it out!

Aaron
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2012, 12:04:58 PM »

Definitely easier now, I actually won!
goshki
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2012, 04:30:53 AM »

LOL, what a game! Very stylish and funny. Good job!

The defense is really hard and it's easier to just let the attacker knock-out all but last one or two defenders. Then it's manageable.

I like the TIGSource banners. Gentleman

whilefun
Level 1

Making games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2012, 10:08:24 AM »

Nice job. Love the music and the graphics. It almost has an "NBA Jam" feel with the crowd and the banners Smiley Did I mention the music?  Grin

I find the player doesn't "feel" like he's moving fast enough. I am not able to punch more than 2-3 bad guys as they just move backwards too fast. It'd be cool I think if punching a bad guy gave you back some energy or something, although maybe that'd make it too easy? Hmm...

Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2012, 01:13:05 PM »

It looks and sounds good, but I don't think I'm quite understanding this game. When attacking I find it impossible to reach the opponents unless I mash the punch button as mashing punch makes him run faster?! Then when defending half my man get knocked out before I can change the guy I'm controlling. Am I missing something here? I hope I am as this has potential. Good stuff Hand Thumbs Up Left

MapiMopi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2012, 01:30:31 PM »

Well, actually you should mash the button as it gives you a burst in speed and breath time. The defend part is just a bad design (I admit it) as I've done what first came to my mind and didn't have a chance to sit and redo it into properly playable something.

Thanks for the kind words. I really consider some parts as a success, even though overall it's just a five minutes game. And pcxm (who is aamp now) did some pretty good job.

arcsin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2012, 12:58:32 PM »

- so much attention to details (the winning sequence is really fun) for being done in so little time
- the first time I played (weeks ago) I had not figured out how to be able to attack, but now that I knew how it worked it was great fun

Are you planning to continue working on this title? I'd like to see this game evolve into a sort of sporty River City Ransom (I know they are very different genres but the overall atmosphere of HBTB reminds me of it) > With some RPG features, with a more advanced combat system (various attacks, super moves, etc..) and with a lot of different characters for each team.
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic