Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411489 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 02:29:32 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneral(i.) speakers of truth ~ game over. feedback?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
Print
Author Topic: (i.) speakers of truth ~ game over. feedback?  (Read 16128 times)
ink.inc
« Reply #160 on: November 19, 2012, 06:59:26 PM »

Fun things are fun.
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: November 19, 2012, 10:43:39 PM »

Immutable Truths Uttered as of the Fourth odd night:

Inanimate: I killed a man, but I regret it wholeheartedly, and I will never do it again. I am not an innocent.
   Ashkin: Inanimate could not be cleansed, because his admittance of lying was non-specific: he technically hasn't done anything wrong, and I feel in my heart that this is true.
   crowe: There is someone sending out tokens with the ability to recruit others into the lying side.
   mokesmoe: Glyph was not an innocent and loyal speaker of truth.
   Blademasterbobo: The ground is the ground.
   John Sandoval: Fun things are fun.

Probable Falsehoods Uttered by the now dead:

Nitro Crate: LAUCHSUPPE IS NOT AN INNOCENT & LOYAL SPEAKER OF THE TRUTH.
   Lauchsuppe: Crowe is not an innocent and loyal speaker of truth!

The Fourth Odd Night Comes & Goes

The sun rises pink over six living Speakers of Truth, and over the two dead who are found ashed in their homes. Lauchsuppe and fiery Nitro Crate are no more. sigfarter, who none have seen for weeks, has further barricaded his home. None know his fate.

It is upon this glorious morning that Blademasterbobo raises his voice to tell all present that the voice from above, from his dreams, had left him tonight. The seer feels his burden lift; the clouds part quietly to reveal the blue sky.

Ashkin the absolver and Inanimate the forgiven heave a great shared sigh of relief as the suspense is lifted. There is no longer anything to fear.

John Sandoval the observant rests his weary eyes. All is well.

mokesmoe the curious sits in the dust. All is well.

crowe the studious relaxes, closes his books. All is well.

Blademasterbobo the seer rises. "All is well. Let us remember those who have fallen, though they may not have been loyal & innocent Speakers of Truth, and let us be forever vigilant against the poison of falsehood. We six shall continue the eternal legacy of truth."

Lauchsuppe is dead by false statement.
Nitro Crate is dead by false statement.
Tanner is dead by silence.
fraxcell is dead by silence.
Glyph is dead by physical assault.

Do not speak to the dead, or be forever shunned for practicing necromancy.

End.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 11:01:51 PM by Droqen » Logged

Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 19, 2012, 10:52:40 PM »

Fun game! That was very interesting.

It seemed a bit annoying that "I am an innocent and loyal speaker of truth" was so obvious a thing to say, but I'm glad most people here worked around it. Lie tokens help, too. 

The idea is sound, and the gameplay intriguing to watch unfold. It might need some refining, but otherwise, fantastic game.

So, how did everyone's roles work? I was a Killer -- I could murder a person a night. I decided it'd be more interesting if I didn't, though. Smiley
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: November 19, 2012, 11:03:39 PM »

thanks all for playing! :) I hope you enjoyed this (it was really short in terms of days, wow). I enjoyed watching things unfold a lot as well, and sorry about sometimes missing my timing by a bit!

Ashkin
« Reply #164 on: November 19, 2012, 11:18:29 PM »

I was the Priest.
Each odd night, you may forgive any one player (including yourself) of his or her confessed breaches of conduct, so long as they have been confessed publicly via BOLD STATEMENT (e.g. 'I killed someone last night.' or 'I lied twice in the past three days, please forgive me'). Immediately following this forgiveness, you will be notified by the proper authorities deities as to whether or not the player you're attempting to forgive has been forgiven completely. If it fails, they have likely not confessed everything.

Cool game, Droqen- though the truth mechanic was a little unrefined, I think. It felt lacking without some equivalent to lynching.
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: November 19, 2012, 11:39:09 PM »

I agree that those players without any killing abilities may have felt pretty helpless/useless - without lynching, there's no way to even attempt to sway a kill (unless you figure out who's a killer), so you feel uninvolved in every death!

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: November 20, 2012, 12:29:05 AM »

I think it would have worked a bit better if we had a gunsmith.

I was The Scavenger.

Each odd night, you may visit a dead player's home to 'collect' all of their possessions. You may even learn things they kept secret.
   You may also visit a living player's home instead with the intent to steal, but... you're not terribly stealthy. They might catch you, or you might fail to get anything.

The ending was pretty anti-climactic, but oh well.

As some who could kill (I scavenged a gun from sig), I can say the other players did sway my (lack of) kills even if they didn't realize it. I even had Nitro's name sent to Droqen as a target before I changed it last minute.

I really like how the roles of the innocent and the traitors weren't static. How traitors could be forgiven, and the innocent can lose their status.

I wonder who the the traitors were to begin with?
I know Glyph and Inanimate were for sure.
Lauchsuppe wasn't and I don't think Nitro was.
Tanner and fraxell both claimed innocence on the first day so one of them must have been the one with the lie tokens.
Droqen hinted at Tanner when I scavenged Glyph's journal so my guess is:

Glyph, Inanimate, and Tanner.
Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 20, 2012, 04:22:06 AM »

You are an innocent & loy
   You are NOT an innocent & loyal Speaker of Truth: Every one of your bold statements, ever, has been a lie.

As far as you can remember, you've always lied on your BOLD STATEMENTS and will continue to do so religiously: you feel certain that somehow your polarity's wrong. You're certain that if you ever tell a truthful bold statement, you'll die.

If anyone has the ability to detect lies (and you're sure someone does), yours are so carefully practiced as to be undetectable.

Finally, as such a compulsive liar, you'll recognize any time someone lies in their own bold statement. You're sure you've heard Tanner lie before.

That seems about right. I was informed that Tanner was a liar from the get-go, and tried to make plans with him. But we didn't communicate very much because his attendance on the forums was fleeting, and in the end I just died unceremoniously (I was hoping to have a bit more of a battle of wits, and to gain the upper hand using my power, but people immediately suspected the ability to lie on bold statements for some reason or other, and someone with the power to kill intervened anyway). Then Tanner died shortly after by not saying anything...
I'd say the ability to kill was definitely overpowered, maybe just because the other powers were weak by comparison. Maybe if you still had killers, but their killings would fail unless certain conditions were met? (e.g. they told a lie that night)

zalzane
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 20, 2012, 10:23:12 AM »

This was certainly an interesting forum game, makes me think of some kind of interactive quest thread.
fraxcell
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 20, 2012, 10:57:44 AM »

I was the werewolf. There was a chance I would turn into a monster at night, and if I chose to leave my door unlocked the first person to encounter the monster would be killed. Despite that, I was still an innocent and loyal speaker of truth.

Unfortunately I got distracted from the game and died of inactivity before I could do much.

crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 20, 2012, 11:39:06 AM »

I had a box of items of unknown purpose. I could investigate them to hopefully find out what they were for OR give them away -- not both -- OR use one of them. My ability seemed fairly useless from the limitations on it, especially since the first item I investigated was apparently pointless? It also wasn't clear if the items could kill me, or something of that nature, which meant I more or less had to investigate them to make any use of my powers at all -- and in the end, I never actually used anything I learned from my ability in any way during the game.

However, I was able to convince Bobo that I was an innocent right from the start, which meant I was able to act on information he provided and pass him information as well. In the end, though, I wound up being mostly ineffective apart from being the one who broke the information about tokens and how lying worked -- which was useless, as Tanner had already died Wink
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: November 20, 2012, 12:11:36 PM »

There were a few close calls but (sadly) none of the innocents turned traitor ):

I agree with mokesmoe & think that if we'd retained our dedicated gunsmith there might have been more excitement!

crowe: Your box of tricks had a wide variety cool stuff, offset by the time it'd take to study it all. Sorry the game didn't go on long enough for you to 'unlock' all of your abilities.

Blademasterbobo
Level 10

dum

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 20, 2012, 12:58:17 PM »

I knew crowe was innocent because I "saw" someone give an innocent man a liar token thing, and he messaged me about getting it right afterwards. I had this whole plan set up where I'd get people to try to murder me, and have John kill them before they killed me. Alas, everyone I contacted ended up being innocent.  Sad

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Tiger Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
Lauchsuppe
Level 3

hruabp

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 20, 2012, 01:46:13 PM »

he Puppeteer

You are an innocent & loyal Speaker of Truth.

ABILITY: Each odd night, you may name a player and a message. For the following two days (i.e. until the next odd night), the player has absolutely no control over him/herself (not allowed to post or PM about the game or even use abilities during the next odd night - just like being dead) and must post the message that you have written. You may never use this ability on the same player twice.

Also, your message must include a bold statement and if that bold statement is ever untrue, you will die (rather than the player who you're forcing to speak) and the message will be revealed as having been yours all along.

After that one odd night of control, the player will regain all control but should not be aware of your identity.

My ability sounded quite interesting to me in the beginning, but I ended up not making use of it at all. I didn't want to waste an opportunity by communicating something too trivial on one hand, and didn't really have any interesting information to tell either. I was afraid that making use of this ability would lead to even more confusion among the ranks of the loyal and innocent speakers of truth, so I decided to only use it in a case of emergency.

I found this game to be quite interesting overall; however, lacking the ability to kill someone made things a little boring. Honestly, I had some problems realizing what's going on at all at some points, because I didn't even know about the ability to kill. I thought we'd be dependant on our bold statements in order to kill somebody until the very end. It would really have been nice if the game had lasted a little longer in order to make use of it's potential. It seems there were a lot of interesting mechanics that could not yet be made use of.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic