Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 09:53:59 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneral(i.) speakers of truth ~ game over. feedback?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Print
Author Topic: (i.) speakers of truth ~ game over. feedback?  (Read 16130 times)
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2012, 09:26:36 PM »

This is in bold.

woops
Lauchsuppe
Level 3

hruabp

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2012, 06:01:11 AM »

I'd like to participate if I'm not too late for the party yet.
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2012, 08:53:18 AM »

It's not too late yet.

but

It will be soon.

ROLES ROLLED. PLAYERS LOCKED IN. MESSAGES OUTBOUND SOON.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 12:15:47 PM by Droqen » Logged

droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2012, 01:22:06 PM »

We are all SPEAKERS OF TRUTH, are we not?

As it turns out, no. We are not all speakers of truth.

One of us who is still loyal, our Seer (you know who you are), has foreseen a great conspiracy to overthrow the Order of Truth. The nights are becoming weirder and weirder - last night a horrible howling was heard, a crashing and banging. There are liars among us, and there may be those whose hands are soaked in blood.

We are not all innocent & loyal.

Game begin.

If you have not received a message with your role, double-check and then PM me. I'll get you set up. Remember: you must make one bold statement (no more, no less) before the night of November 7, which gives you over 48 hours to do so. You can talk all you like. The bold statement may be about anything. Ideally it's something whose truth I can verify.

Feel free to make inane bold statements like 'Water can freeze' if you feel like it, but as risky as they are they're also a valuable & limited resource for sharing information. That's all I'll say!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 01:27:19 PM by Droqen » Logged

Nitro Crate
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2012, 01:44:05 PM »

There are LIARS IN THE ORDER OF TRUTH?

This is paradoxically unright!
Unjust!
Horrible!
Wrong!

I'm about to explode with anger.
Show yourselves cowards!
Nitro Crate
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2012, 02:07:25 PM »

ARGGG ARGGGGG ARRRRRRRRRRRUUUU ARUUUUU BOBOBOBOBOBOBOB..must..BOBOBOB..calm..BOBOB..down........

Well good thing we invented that well-planned, utopian, fail-safe, reality-shattering untruth-killer.

Let us all stand together and shout,
"I AM AN INNOCENT & LOYAL SPEAKER OF THE TRUTH."
Those who are deceitful will be slaughtered by the gods and those who choose to abstain from this chant will be slaughtered by our hands.

Let the threads of fate be shattered by logic.

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2012, 02:14:04 PM »

We don't know that the speakers of untruths don't have ways of avoiding the penalty of lying.
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2012, 02:16:52 PM »

Verily, fellow speakers, this is a dangerous time. It is certain that if there is a conspiracy we must work together to defeat it! Let us introduce ourselves -- I am truly unremarkable, a mere innocent.
Nitro Crate
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2012, 02:30:11 PM »

Then we exclaim it every night till they fall. I doubt they have enough collective power to wipe us innocent by the second night.
sigfarter
Level 7

卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2012, 03:12:47 PM »

One of us who is still loyal, our Seer (you know who you are), has foreseen a great conspiracy to overthrow the Order of Truth.

fuck, i wonder who is making teh conspiracy
sigfarter
Level 7

卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2012, 03:16:03 PM »

I am a gunsmith. i controll the flow of dangerous muirder weapons and i can sell you a gun or give you one if it is in my best interestes.

if you kill crowe i'll give you a gun right now
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2012, 03:52:10 PM »

That may be unwise. Someone able to murder without a gun would probably be evil.
Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2012, 04:34:56 PM »

Ah, we have all spake the truth for as long as I can remember... this dissension, it's unimaginable! But the truth is, well, the truth. If what our seer has seen is what he has seen, and what he has seen is the truth, then the truth is what our seer has seen. Let us hope that we can brandish the blade of truth against our foes.

As for me, I have always spoken the truth. That's about all I know to be... well, true. The rest of you, I pray, will speak the same...

In truth, I'm a little worried about truthsayer sigfarter being our gunsmith. (Unless, of course, he turns out not to be and he gets stricken down for saying absurdities, that would fit the part) Someone so... eccentric... shouldn't be too near dangerous weapons, let alone smith them.

mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2012, 05:25:39 PM »

Hanging around guns for so long is probably what made him so "eccentric" in the first place. I wouldn't worry about him causing too much trouble.
Nitro Crate
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2012, 05:26:08 PM »

I reclaim my previous statement in order to sacrifice myself in martyrdom.

"GLYPH IS NOT AN INNOCENT & LOYAL SPEAKER OF THE TRUTH."

By the next night either I will die or I will have uncovered a villain.

I do not trust Glyph's half-truths.

(oops)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 05:41:44 PM by Nitro Crate » Logged
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2012, 05:35:12 PM »

You can't reclaim statements of truth. I fear for what may happen to you, correct or not.

EDIT: /strikethrough
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 12:57:26 AM by mokesmoe » Logged
Inanimate
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2012, 05:45:49 PM »

Fellow Speakers, I am concerned for our Order... if this is true, we have dire times ahead of us. However, I believe that we have been friends -- nay, that we've been brothers for so long, that even this cannot break the true Speakers of Truth apart.

We all have made mistakes -- I know I have. Truly, every Speaker of Truth has contemplated a lie, even the whitest and smallest. However, a Speaker of Truth befouling their title, impugning our honor by uttering a - dare I say it? - lie?

No. As the Tomes of Truth say, "the Speaker of Lies deserves not Life, for Life is Truth; only the Speakers of Truth truly have Life, for they are of Truth. Justice cleanses the World of Lie, and returns it to the Purity of Truth."

I vow that I have never lied.

We shall work together, brothers -- for Justice.
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2012, 05:53:23 PM »

We are all revealing things about ourselves, apparently. Well, I own a box.
Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2012, 05:59:58 PM »

Nitro-Crate, though I doubt not that you be a truth-sayer, your allegations made towards me are none other than the most unfounded of lies! I hope us truth-sayers quibble not amongst ourselves, for that would only allow the terrible lies lurking underneath our society to grow ever more imminent, until they fulminate...
As you rescinded your untruth from existence, I hope you will be spared from divine retribution. But tomorrow, if you really wish, you can try saying that again... I hope you do not, as I don't want to see another truth-speaker reduced to ash. However, that use of the bold statement is definitely interesting! I never thought to use a statement of truth to reveal something that I don't know -- if it really works like that. Although it might just end up killing me, so I wouldn't try risking it.

Woo! Level 6!

Ashkin
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2012, 08:13:34 PM »

Liars within the Order of Truth? Unfortunate. However, I am sure that we will be able to maintain control of this situation as long as we stay level-headed and true-tongued.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic