Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1027940 Posts in 41256 Topics- by 32875 Members - Latest Member: nether

July 29, 2014, 04:56:37 PM
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneral(i.) speakers of truth ~ game over. feedback?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
Print
Author Topic: (i.) speakers of truth ~ game over. feedback?  (Read 7689 times)
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #150 on: November 17, 2012, 03:56:31 AM »

Tanner's dead anyways.

The more liars that are dead, the more we can trust each other.
Lauchsuppe
Level 2

hruabp

View Profile Email
« Reply #151 on: November 17, 2012, 03:58:07 AM »

Nitro Crate, this was a huge mistake of yours. Your blind anger will only lead to your own death. I'm as innocent as I could be and even stated it before the last odd night. My defensiveness was to prevent such a cruel death. But it's already too late now.

Anyway, Crowe is still suspicious. Of course he'd know about those tokens if he was a liar. His bold sentence only said that there were, in fact, tokens. However, he might have been lying about the fact of using them. He could've told this right from the start, but he waited for a moment where he'd need a strong argument to deflect from the fact that he is indeed guilty. Crowe did not state that he is an innocent speaker of truth. I wonder, Blademasterbobo, why you would accuse me instead of him. Might it actually be that you and Crowe share an unholy bond?
Crowe, I believe you are the one who's sending those tokens. Crowe is not an innocent and loyal speaker of truth!
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #152 on: November 17, 2012, 04:15:22 AM »

Actually, since crow stated "I will always tell the truth" everything he says has the power of a bold statement. If he had the power to lie he would have said he was innocent by now. He said he didn't use the token and that he doesn't know who sent it, but that doesn't mean he's innocent.

I think you're wrong about him sending the tokens at least.

Also, quick question: Has anyone else received a token?
Lauchsuppe
Level 2

hruabp

View Profile Email
« Reply #153 on: November 17, 2012, 04:24:13 AM »

Oh shit, I must've overread that statement. Then, I guess, it's farewell my loyal brothers. May innocence remain.
mokesmoe
Level 10

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #154 on: November 17, 2012, 04:32:05 AM »

He might still be a liar. I had hoped he wasn't, because that would prove me innocent though Nitro's riddle, but now if he is it'll save you. Although you might be a liar, but Nitro will show that tomorrow as well. I should just stop over-analyzing it until the morning comes.
Lauchsuppe
Level 2

hruabp

View Profile Email
« Reply #155 on: November 17, 2012, 04:41:09 AM »

I think I was too much in a rush.Anyway, I still suspect crowe. However, a big fraction of my argumentation relied on that part.
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 17, 2012, 07:57:13 AM »

You still accuse me after I risked my life to reveal the Liars' plot to you all? Fools! Do you still not know that Crowe is an innocent and loyal speaker of truth?
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

yes, i'm a duck

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 18, 2012, 07:47:51 PM »

Lauchsuppe could be using a token to lie about crowe being disloyal

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Noir Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
crowe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 18, 2012, 07:48:56 PM »

Because some people have expressed silly disbelief to me, I will say it outright.

I am innocent and a speaker of truth.
Blademasterbobo
Level 10

yes, i'm a duck

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 19, 2012, 06:51:28 PM »

The ground is the ground.

Hand Point Left Hand Shake Left Hand Thumbs Down Left Hand Thumbs Up Left Bro Fist Left Hand Metal Left Toast Left Hand Fork Left Hand Money Left Hand Clap Hand Any Key Noir Hand Joystick Hand Pencil Hand Money Right Hand Knife Right Toast Right Hand Metal Right Bro Fist Right Hand Thumbs Up Right Hand Thumbs Down Right Hand Shake Right Hand Point Right
John Sandoval
TIGTumblr Editor
Global Moderator
Level 10

hhh

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: November 19, 2012, 06:59:26 PM »

Fun things are fun.

Droqen
Level 10

aka nick fury

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #161 on: November 19, 2012, 10:43:39 PM »

Immutable Truths Uttered as of the Fourth odd night:

Inanimate: I killed a man, but I regret it wholeheartedly, and I will never do it again. I am not an innocent.
   Ashkin: Inanimate could not be cleansed, because his admittance of lying was non-specific: he technically hasn't done anything wrong, and I feel in my heart that this is true.
   crowe: There is someone sending out tokens with the ability to recruit others into the lying side.
   mokesmoe: Glyph was not an innocent and loyal speaker of truth.
   Blademasterbobo: The ground is the ground.
   John Sandoval: Fun things are fun.

Probable Falsehoods Uttered by the now dead:

Nitro Crate: LAUCHSUPPE IS NOT AN INNOCENT & LOYAL SPEAKER OF THE TRUTH.
   Lauchsuppe: Crowe is not an innocent and loyal speaker of truth!

The Fourth Odd Night Comes & Goes

The sun rises pink over six living Speakers of Truth, and over the two dead who are found ashed in their homes. Lauchsuppe and fiery Nitro Crate are no more. sigfarter, who none have seen for weeks, has further barricaded his home. None know his fate.

It is upon this glorious morning that Blademasterbobo raises his voice to tell all present that the voice from above, from his dreams, had left him tonight. The seer feels his burden lift; the clouds part quietly to reveal the blue sky.

Ashkin the absolver and Inanimate the forgiven heave a great shared sigh of relief as the suspense is lifted. There is no longer anything to fear.

John Sandoval the observant rests his weary eyes. All is well.

mokesmoe the curious sits in the dust. All is well.

crowe the studious relaxes, closes his books. All is well.

Blademasterbobo the seer rises. "All is well. Let us remember those who have fallen, though they may not have been loyal & innocent Speakers of Truth, and let us be forever vigilant against the poison of falsehood. We six shall continue the eternal legacy of truth."

Lauchsuppe is dead by false statement.
Nitro Crate is dead by false statement.
Tanner is dead by silence.
fraxcell is dead by silence.
Glyph is dead by physical assault.

Do not speak to the dead, or be forever shunned for practicing necromancy.

End.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 11:01:51 PM by Droqen » Logged

Inanimate
Global Moderator
Level 10

☆HERO OF JUSTICE!☆

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 19, 2012, 10:52:40 PM »

Fun game! That was very interesting.

It seemed a bit annoying that "I am an innocent and loyal speaker of truth" was so obvious a thing to say, but I'm glad most people here worked around it. Lie tokens help, too. 

The idea is sound, and the gameplay intriguing to watch unfold. It might need some refining, but otherwise, fantastic game.

So, how did everyone's roles work? I was a Killer -- I could murder a person a night. I decided it'd be more interesting if I didn't, though. Smiley
Droqen
Level 10

aka nick fury

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #163 on: November 19, 2012, 11:03:39 PM »

thanks all for playing! :) I hope you enjoyed this (it was really short in terms of days, wow). I enjoyed watching things unfold a lot as well, and sorry about sometimes missing my timing by a bit!

Ashkin
Level 10

king of kings

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 19, 2012, 11:18:29 PM »

I was the Priest.
Each odd night, you may forgive any one player (including yourself) of his or her confessed breaches of conduct, so long as they have been confessed publicly via BOLD STATEMENT (e.g. 'I killed someone last night.' or 'I lied twice in the past three days, please forgive me'). Immediately following this forgiveness, you will be notified by the proper authorities deities as to whether or not the player you're attempting to forgive has been forgiven completely. If it fails, they have likely not confessed everything.

Cool game, Droqen- though the truth mechanic was a little unrefined, I think. It felt lacking without some equivalent to lynching.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic