Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411279 Posts in 69323 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 28, 2024, 05:09:03 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsSportsMini Golf Master [FINISHED]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Mini Golf Master [FINISHED]  (Read 15486 times)
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2012, 06:39:04 PM »

Awesome! Finally my 14x floppies arrived and I was able to install Mini Golf Master.
Unfortunately one of the floppies had corrupted, so I had to download the .rar, which only took 27 hours on my 4800 baud modem.
Opening WinRAR I see a readme.txt and check the system requirements.
SVGA+ Graphics Card - Check.
Creative Sound Blaster or equivalent - Check.
Switching to DOS mode I load the exe...
And am amazed by the High Res graphics and Sound Blaster quality audio!
GUI and Level Design is above par.
But unfortunately I suck at golf and got a 10 on the second hole.
I wish I submitted a game to this compo so I could vote for this game. Smiley
Mashed potatoes!

Fifth
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2012, 07:10:33 PM »

Er, this isn't the Ludum Dare.  Once the poll opens, anybody will be able to vote.

Also, one more oddity that I forgot to mention last time:  how do you determine the turn order in a multiplayer game?  When my friend and I played, I (player 1) went first on the first hole, but then he (player 2) went first on every other hole.  It seemed very odd.
eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2012, 07:19:18 PM »

oh whoops, getting my rules mixed up :D

whilefun
Level 1

Making games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2012, 08:21:21 PM »

oh whoops, getting my rules mixed up :D

Ah yes, what Fifth said. You can vote anyway! Smiley

It seems like you enjoyed the old school installation - I'm glad!. Who knew 14 floppy disks could install so quickly. Thanks for playing!  Grin

whilefun
Level 1

Making games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2012, 08:22:49 PM »

Er, this isn't the Ludum Dare.  Once the poll opens, anybody will be able to vote.

Also, one more oddity that I forgot to mention last time:  how do you determine the turn order in a multiplayer game?  When my friend and I played, I (player 1) went first on the first hole, but then he (player 2) went first on every other hole.  It seemed very odd.

Thanks for clarifying the rules Smiley

Ah yes, I had forgotten about that bug. It's supposed to be "winner of this hole shoots first next hole" but I didn't implement that part correctly. I've added it to the backlog for the next post-compo update. Good catch!  Gentleman

whilefun
Level 1

Making games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2012, 07:21:22 PM »

FYI, this has now been fixed in the latest post-compo version - v1.2 (see top post on the thread)  Smiley

whilefun
Level 1

Making games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2012, 02:00:22 PM »

Version 1.3 has been posted on OP. It includes only one fix - menus now work with the mouse, so you don't need to move your hand to the cursor keys if you don't want. Hooray!

Also, this is officially the watermark for "the perfect round". If anyone can match or beat it, you will be crowned The Mini Golf Master. I think I'll even make some kind of easter egg with your name on it in the game.

Happy putting!  Gentleman

Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2012, 02:16:41 PM »

Whoever mentioned Win95 was spot on. If that is the look you were going for then you nailed it. This is also a great little game. I did manage to make the ball disappear at one point, but I was able to restart the hole and everything was good again. You could definately be a bit more generous with the par ratings, but having said that I was never that far over par at the end of 18 holes. All round a very solid game. Good stuff Hand Thumbs Up Left

whilefun
Level 1

Making games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2012, 02:31:33 PM »

Whoever mentioned Win95 was spot on. If that is the look you were going for then you nailed it. This is also a great little game. I did manage to make the ball disappear at one point, but I was able to restart the hole and everything was good again. You could definately be a bit more generous with the par ratings, but having said that I was never that far over par at the end of 18 holes. All round a very solid game. Good stuff Hand Thumbs Up Left

Thank you!  Beer!

There are definitely a handful of bugs I need to nail down. But I am glad to hear my "workaround" of restarting the hole isn't too much of a pain. Thanks for playing, Oddball!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic