Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411196 Posts in 69314 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: feakk

March 18, 2024, 10:27:50 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsSportsBlobbyball [FINISHED]
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Blobbyball [FINISHED]  (Read 16657 times)
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2012, 01:28:46 AM »

That doesn't bother me too much, but I'll sort it out if I get time. There are a couple of bugs which I want to address if I get time before the closing date. They are mainly related to the physics objects collapsing or turning inside out. As no one has reported them yet I'm hoping they aren't too frequent, or game breaking.

eigenbom
Level 10

@eigenbom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2012, 03:09:43 PM »

haha its a bit of fun, well done. and the ai seems pretty smart. i won 5-1. would be nice to have a 'you win' screen. Beer!

goshki
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2012, 04:24:24 AM »

I remember an old game with similar gameplay (but blobs were not physical jellies). I like your version although scoring the first goal was really hard. But it's cool.  Hand Thumbs Up LeftSmiley

Oh, btw. it's impossible to return to the field once you jump out through the goal and a restart is needed.

whilefun
Level 1

Making games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2012, 10:15:47 AM »

This is a lot of fun! Hand Any Key  Addicted Hand Joystick

I found "crazy fast" mode was just right. And I also discovered a sweet "run and kick" move that nails the ball right in the net. I can't wait to play this with 2 player multiplayer.

Good job  Gentleman

agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2012, 09:18:40 PM »

I seem to have broken the AI for the duration of one round! It kept hugging one of the two walls. Fixed itself after I scored. Not sure what caused it, don't really remember what I did just before.

Anyway, enjoyable stuff. Want to play with a human, seems perfect for a few quick plays. I also agree with whilefun: 'crazy fast' is where it's at.

Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2012, 01:36:46 AM »

Thanks for trying it guys. 'Crazy fast' is too fast for me, but it does seem to be a popular option.

@goshki: Behind the goal is a slope so if you find yourself in the goal you can just roll back out.

@agj: What probably happened was that the AI blob got turned inside out which will confuse it and it wigs out. The player blob can sometimes get inverted too, and all the controls become reversed.

Linkshot
Level 1

Tricky Tricky

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2012, 11:37:42 AM »

I see the bugs I found have already been addressed. Will keep searching!

EDIT

- Holding the jump button will add backspin to your blob, eventually outpacing the basic horizontal movement.
- Holding both movement keys will keep a very small portion of your speed
- AI lacks knowledge to jump over ball when it's rolling it the wrong way

Physics in this are really fun. The floor is essentially a trampoline if I time my jumps right.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 11:57:07 AM by Linkshot » Logged
arcsin
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2012, 08:15:14 AM »

- very nice, very good, I really like the blobby balls
- played at maximum speed is a lot of fun
- the only 'flaw' I can find is that for ultimate fun you must have a lot of friends to play with

I'd love if there were more scenarios and not just the football field.
For example, it would be interesting to choose different maps and consequently have a different kind of blob and physics.
For example, the swamp, with blobs behaving like snails with slime trails, etc..
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2012, 03:37:32 PM »

I originally planned to make different aspects of the game customisable. Different arenas, different game rules, solid blobs, ball size, etc. so it was easy to tailor the game to your own taste. But alas I had other commitments at the end of November so I ran out of time.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic