Thank you for the input, Sebastian, I appreciate it
Ok, update time:
- Settled for the keyframed animations. All animations for the characters are done.
- Scaled everything down to about 50 percent of it's original size to shrink filesize. It looks cuter/cooler now too
- Added a second player (human controlled for now), collisions working and everything. So basically the vs mode is working (without the rules). Have to make some sort of AI for the normal mode.
- Started working on the backgrounds. There will be three arenas - a restaurant, a public bathroom and uhh.. something else
<- if you have any cool ideas for a third background, please share.
- Just for giggles I added a camera that now keeps both players in screen, classic fighting games style. It's based off a dummy object, so I'm going to use it as a handle to do whatever I want with the camera.
- Here's a final (for now) shaping of the rules. The game will be for points - 3 point rule as in Kendo - therefore whoever scores 2 points wins the match. The match might be timed as it is in Kendo, but not sure about it yet. You score a point by hitting your opponent's head. A chance to hit an opponent's head is only when they are sneezing. Swinging at them while they are not sneezing will miss them. The characters will have "pepper magic" that can be used to trigger the other opponent's sneezing. This magic must be recharged tho and this is done when the player sneezes - let's call that a sneeze-attack. When the player sneeze-attacks, the sneeze is immediate; when the sneeze is triggered by an opponent the player has a chance to hold it as long as he/she can and evade the attack and wait for a sneeze-attack from the opponent and release the held sneeze to counter attack. At this point I need to implement the pepper magic, sneeze holding and the point counting and the gameplay is basically done.
Here are two screens to level out the amount of text I wrote:
Gotta go to bed now... Waking up early is a really tough thing for me, and I have to do it more often and more often.