Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411283 Posts in 69325 Topics- by 58380 Members - Latest Member: bob1029

March 29, 2024, 12:38:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGunbox
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Print
Author Topic: Gunbox  (Read 24507 times)
poe
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2012, 06:19:56 PM »

Huge maps are nice - I just hope you add more enemy types - and perhaps player hazards(likes spikes) to make the game even more challenging.

Spikes could be interesting, especially if they killed enemies too. I will definitely add more enemy types.
poe
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2012, 04:28:41 PM »

Progress Update

Players can now form totem poles to ride each other. Combined with a jetpack and a machine gun, you can become a mobile pillar of death! The top player is snapped to the bottom one so no need to attempt to balance, just jump off if you think you're done with each other Smiley
Code_Assassin
Level 5

freedom

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2012, 04:40:57 PM »

Sweetness  Bro Fist Right

Quick question - are you making this in Game-Maker?

Oh and for the players you might want to have a color-scheme like so:

Player 1: Blue
Player 2: Red
Player 3: Green
Player 4: Purple/Pink/Orange?
poe
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2012, 04:42:02 PM »

Sweetness  Bro Fist Right

Quick question - are you making this in Game-Maker?

Nope, C# and XNA.
SolarLune
Level 10

It's been eons

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2012, 04:42:42 PM »

Progress Update

Players can now form totem poles to ride each other. Combined with a jetpack and a machine gun, you can become a mobile pillar of death! The top player is snapped to the bottom one so no need to attempt to balance, just jump off if you think you're done with each other Smiley

That's a really solid way to implement that mechanic. Very nice work.

amidos2006
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2012, 01:17:13 AM »

Cool sprites Smiley and nice concept inspired from super crate box Smiley you can add more stuffs to the world like trampolines and may be spikes or any other thing to make the experience differ Smiley

poe
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2012, 03:22:01 PM »

Player 1: Blue
Player 2: Red
Player 3: Green
Player 4: Purple/Pink/Orange?

Yeah I definitely agree. Sorry I didn't see this until now!

Progress Update
Added stickybomb launcher(seen below). Stickybombs arc and stay on the ground until they explode after a bit/are touched. Obviously not final art. This also marks the start of special ammo guns, so I have to add a lot of those now! I also added two more maps!
Code_Assassin
Level 5

freedom

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2012, 05:05:26 PM »

Nice  Hand Thumbs Up Left

That's definitely helpful for setting traps. Keep up the great work - I am actually very interested in seeing this completed =]

(Portal Gun  Shrug)?
poe
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2012, 05:08:17 PM »

(Portal Gun  Shrug)?

Sure. Guess I have to add an alt fire then Tongue
Code_Assassin
Level 5

freedom

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2012, 05:18:32 PM »

(Portal Gun  Shrug)?

Sure. Guess I have to add an alt fire then Tongue

; Wizard
poe
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2012, 12:25:27 PM »

Progress Update

Added:
Indicator to show off where the crate is.
Chatbox to be visible, MOTD, chatting
New gun, Freeze Ray to stop enemies in their tracks!
New gun, sword a powerful melee weapon
Status Ailments (Such as frozen)

Code_Assassin
Level 5

freedom

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2012, 01:43:55 PM »

Haha - this is great! Cool little icon that shows where the create is currently located - definitely helps a player when there's a huge map involved.
poe
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2012, 07:36:35 PM »

Progress Update:

Chatbox supports colors, you can talk to people now too. When you hit enter the box slides up to reveal a text input area.

The server config for this server looks like this:
Code:
<settings>
<map name="canyon"/>
<map name="cross"/>
<map name="classic"/>
<motd color="4" message="Welcome to poe's server!"/><!--White, green, red, blue, yellow, snow, tan-->
</settings>
Black Triangle of the day:
Players can now disconnect from the server without causing any issues.

Plans:
I want to add characters other than the knight, such as the cube from Six Sided Sanctuary as playable. They will simply be aesthetic. Maybe references to other games if the creators let me Smiley
I have a new enemy behavior planned. A rolling eyeball with a joker riding on top of it. It moves very slow, when you kill one part of it the other will have its own behavior. The joker moves slow and will shoot bullets at you that move slow. The eye will roll very fast.
poe
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2012, 03:00:21 PM »

Progress Update:

Added in coins, they drop when enemies die sometimes.
Added turrets that don't do anything yet.

Black Triangle of the day:
Tiles can be added while in the middle of a match now. No real use for this yet Tongue

Plans:
Turrets will be purchasable and upgradable with coins. They will work like this:
Level one: Hit things on the same X axis.
Level two: Hit things on the same X and Y axis.
Level three: Hit anything it has a clear line of sight to.

Of course they would make the game too easy so they will only have one or two health. To buy them you will have to physically carry coins to a piggybank or a safe or something, which will make you move slower and not be able to jump. You could however fall off a cliff onto a friend's head for some help Wink

Three coins = one turret maybe?
poe
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2012, 04:21:37 PM »

Progress Update:

Added in particles. Started working on Six Sided Sanctuary again so progress for this will be slower. I read a book. I dunno what to put here to make it seem like I did something monumental Tongue
Code_Assassin
Level 5

freedom

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2012, 06:19:32 PM »

Progress Update:

Added in particles. Started working on Six Sided Sanctuary again so progress for this will be slower. I read a book. I dunno what to put here to make it seem like I did something monumental Tongue

Hand Thumbs Up Left Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Right

Tongue Particles are what make games pleasing to look at.
amidos2006
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2012, 01:51:26 AM »

Progress Update:

Looks nice  Hand Thumbs Up Left Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Right but I think the empty shells are thrown so high and I think they need to be thrown backward a little bit Smiley

But over all the game looks nice Smiley

poe
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2012, 03:32:29 PM »

Looks nice  Hand Thumbs Up Left Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Right but I think the empty shells are thrown so high and I think they need to be thrown backward a little bit Smiley

But over all the game looks nice Smiley

Hand Thumbs Up Left Smiley Hand Thumbs Up Right

Tongue Particles are what make games pleasing to look at.

Thank you, I'll probably be adjusting them over time. However I think going for an over exaggerated toss might not be so bad Tongue. I'll experiment.
caffeine
Level 5

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2012, 12:41:59 PM »

Needed a reason to bump this thread. Are you done yet?
poe
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2012, 12:44:03 PM »

Needed a reason to bump this thread. Are you done yet?

I haven't worked on it much because I'm focusing more on Six Sided Sanctuary, that art is awesome and I would love to use it if that's okay Smiley.

EDIT: I have however thought of backstory/a new name. The idea is to rename the game to either

Sulfur Showdown!

or 15 Minutes of Fame

The story would change slightly depending on the title.

In Sulfur Showdown, contestants compete to earn cash on live television. Though contestants are working cooperatively they must be the last man standing to claim the cash.

In 15 Minutes of Fame, citizens of the future are nabbed off the street and brought to the universal network to be filmed for their 15 minutes (On average). This is the last step of existing in society because if they live they will be executed anyways.

Just to give some extra motivation, nothing related to it will appear in game besides references and logos and such.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic