Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411500 Posts in 69373 Topics- by 58429 Members - Latest Member: Alternalo

April 25, 2024, 12:59:55 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsSportsParkourparcourse - local mutliplayer parkour platform racing
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Parkourparcourse - local mutliplayer parkour platform racing  (Read 22949 times)
egoitzOsa
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2012, 11:14:20 PM »

Yes! Thanks man Smiley!
Downloading right now. I don´t know where I´m going to have time to test it (maybe tomorrow?) but I´ll give you my first impressions for sure Wink.

Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2012, 04:20:07 PM »

Yes! Thanks man Smiley!
Downloading right now. I don´t know where I´m going to have time to test it (maybe tomorrow?) but I´ll give you my first impressions for sure Wink.
Cool! There is not a whole lot to play, so it shouldn't take too long haha.

Instead of focussing on important things that need to be done I suddenly felt like I wanted to try to run this on my android phone. After alot of frustration I finally got it to run! I couldn't use any input yet and I was unable to load level and animation files. But it runs. I think this would be a perfect little game to play on ouya  Smiley

egoitzOsa
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2012, 12:41:12 AM »

Bad news Concerned.
Yesterday, I tryed the first release of the game, and I wasn´t able to play it.

I´ve XNA and .Net4 installed. I downloaded the build. Unzipped, and ran the installer. It installed ok. I´ve search for it on my computer, found it, and after running, nothing happens, ñeh. Tryed to reinstall again, but the installer doesn´t run anymore :S (I don´t know why, I tryed removing everything, unzipping and opening the installer again, but nothing happens).
I´ll try to reinstall XNA and .NET4 again, in any case.

Windows8 64bit running here.

Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2012, 11:00:58 AM »

Bad news Concerned.
Yesterday, I tryed the first release of the game, and I wasn´t able to play it.

I´ve XNA and .Net4 installed. I downloaded the build. Unzipped, and ran the installer. It installed ok. I´ve search for it on my computer, found it, and after running, nothing happens, ñeh. Tryed to reinstall again, but the installer doesn´t run anymore :S (I don´t know why, I tryed removing everything, unzipping and opening the installer again, but nothing happens).
I´ll try to reinstall XNA and .NET4 again, in any case.

Windows8 64bit running here.

I have not tried to install it on any other computers, seeing as I only own a laptop where I make the game on. I will try to get a local friend to install it, so that I can troubleshoot the problem.

Thanks for the effort!

update: I have already found the issue, I'm looking for a solution now.

update2: Should be fixed now! I could only test on windows 7 though.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 11:32:30 AM by omgnoseat » Logged

Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2012, 04:19:14 PM »

Due to me being an idiot I thought I had one day left. I rushed the last features, but was unable to get a new camera system to work.
Pretty bummed out that I couldn't put in some more polish. I'll be working on this to atleast tuesday and I'll post a post-comp version here aswell!

Ryland
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2012, 06:00:59 PM »

So, is this going to be a one button game? Just jump at the right times like Canabalt? If it is, I think it would work really well on Android, and would definitely buy. Smiley
Oddball
Level 10

David Williamson

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2012, 07:18:15 AM »

I tried downloading but dropbox tells me that the file has been deleted.

Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2013, 05:41:12 PM »

So, is this going to be a one button game? Just jump at the right times like Canabalt? If it is, I think it would work really well on Android, and would definitely buy. Smiley

I was already planning a one button game, which I wanted to transition into this Smiley But I have no artist and am starting a full time job soon. So it probably won't happen Sad

Anyway, very late response here, but I was actually afraid of the feedback that I would get. I have re-uploaded it : https://www.dropbox.com/s/b43iukydhy1gw0m/publish.rar

capn.lee
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2013, 06:42:48 AM »

I'm afraid I cannot get the game to run, parkour.exe crashes out with a missing file error but seems to not indicate which file is missing. Oh, the joys of XNA
Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2013, 09:14:11 AM »

I'm afraid I cannot get the game to run, parkour.exe crashes out with a missing file error but seems to not indicate which file is missing. Oh, the joys of XNA
Ugh I had uploaded an old version, it should work now.

000aks
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2013, 02:29:51 AM »

hey, this game looks really cool! i really like the concept.
are you still working on it?

i'd love to help out with some artwork, even though i'm super busy, i'd like to help out even if its something small
some of my stuff is here: andrewken.tumblr.com

and some specifically game art and animation: basestatus.velodius.com

@000aks
www.000eyes.com
Interested in collabs
Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2013, 10:07:19 AM »

hey, this game looks really cool! i really like the concept.
are you still working on it?

i'd love to help out with some artwork, even though i'm super busy, i'd like to help out even if its something small
some of my stuff is here: andrewken.tumblr.com

and some specifically game art and animation: basestatus.velodius.com
Nice to hear ! I've send you a pm.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic