Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411430 Posts in 69363 Topics- by 58416 Members - Latest Member: JamesAGreen

April 19, 2024, 07:11:21 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArtWorkshopDrawing Workshop 1: Gesture Drawings
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Author Topic: Drawing Workshop 1: Gesture Drawings  (Read 136086 times)
Sean A.
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2010, 07:29:40 PM »

Damn. It's back up now though. Let me know what you guys think of them.
Skofo
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2010, 10:28:18 PM »

were r there penises

If you wish to make a video game from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
Sean A.
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2010, 09:23:45 AM »

God imageshack is starting to piss me off so here is another one not on imageshack. Also it's posemaniacs so there isn't any genitalia.
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: March 27, 2010, 10:46:15 AM »

I did some more.

givecake
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2010, 11:52:58 PM »

Please could you consider another workshop? Or is there one in another thread? :O
Bidoolgi
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2010, 01:32:49 PM »

Yeah, I'm waiting for another workshop too. I hope it happens soon! Crazy
Skofo
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2010, 01:28:38 PM »

Meanwhile, you guys can check out the the book and the tutorial he linked to. They are quite nice.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 01:47:20 PM by Skofo » Logged

If you wish to make a video game from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
Valerien
Level 0

I am a game designer, artist and music producer.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2011, 11:21:18 PM »

Maybe you already know this one but pixel lovely has a tool which is similar to posemaniacs but with real photos, and there are animals too if you wish :

http://www.pixelovely.com/gesture/figuredrawing.php

Nathan Lovato - Freelance 2d game artist
Portfolio and Tutorials
dustin
Level 6

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2011, 11:29:41 PM »

yeah pixel lovely is the one I use.  I like the real photos better then the 3d models
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 29, 2011, 05:09:14 PM »

Maybe you already know this one but pixel lovely has a tool which is similar to posemaniacs but with real photos, and there are animals too if you wish :

http://www.pixelovely.com/gesture/figuredrawing.php

Bless you. It's a little absurd, perhaps, but I don't find Pose Maniacs fun to draw from. Seriously, it's the skinless creepyness of them. But this, this is great! Nude, Clothed, and also some animals. Animal gesture drawing, that's a thing I haven't really done before.
Caspid
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2011, 07:25:42 PM »

heya'll, I found this place (from a Google Image Search, lol) and would love to work on my drawing.    I'm extremely busy but a few 10-second poses during breaks sounds very doable Smiley  

btw, I'm currently studying human anatomy and it's fascinating.  Hopefully I can use it to improve my drawing too.  

I don't have any figures yet, but you can find a few of my old things here (critique welcome!): http://aeidein.deviantart.com/

Thanks for a cool topic!  
Caspid
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2011, 02:42:45 PM »

Did a few!  didn't have my tablet, so I used my laptop's touchpad and MS Paint, lol

brettchalupa
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2012, 10:05:36 PM »

So I decided to give this a shot, and I'm not entirely sure how it went. I'm a programmer who hasn't made art in a considerable amount of time.  Embarrassed

I look forward to doing these more and practicing everyday. Smiley
ASnogarD
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2012, 07:11:49 AM »

I'll be keeping an eye on these workshops... I am 'creative' type but got real rusty from simply not drawing, and I struggle with proportions.

I got a question for those using a artpad ( like Wacom Bamboo ):
I got the small pad as the cost of the A4s was way to high to justify for a hobby that I am still getting into. I do exercises with the pad to get used to using it ( draw pages of primitive shapes and lines ) but as the pad is translating from a small surface to the larger size of the screen its not very accurate. I can resolve this by simply zooming in so the translation is basically 1 to 1 but ... and here is the question.

Should I train myself to use the full screen and adapat to the inaccuracy of the small pad to large screen , or use the zoom to by-pass the issue altogether ?
( I hate bypassing issues if I can help it, but would I benefit from getting used to the inaccuracy, especiall in likelyhood I would upgrade the pad if I use it enough )

Somethings are painfully obvious, others must be made obvious... painfully.
irishcream
« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2012, 08:11:08 AM »

@ASnogarD

Personally for drawing I would recommend using traditional art mediums (ie, pencils and paint and stuff). All art mediums are interconnected and even if you want to focus on digital mediums you will stunt your grown by not exploring other mediums. Natural mediums are particularly informative to the mind and for this there is no replacement. Anything on the computer is going to have a layer of abstraction that will hinder your mind from learning.

Buy yourself a sketchbook and a bunch of pencils and go to your local coffee shop and just start drawing stuff. Don't focus on trying to make a "product" but just start drawing and let it happen. There will be a time to "produce some assets" and you'll know when that time is.

Hope this helps!
Μarkham
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2012, 08:01:47 PM »

Here's a good blog post about gesture drawing.

SuperMistLand
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: September 17, 2012, 09:14:29 PM »

Here is some gesture inspiration from a Pixar storyboard artist

http://theironscythe.blogspot.com/

Edit: some 30 sec. poses from tonight

@Markham Great ref, thanks!

« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 10:17:42 PM by SuperMistLand » Logged

Demon Lizardman
Level 3

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2013, 09:24:55 AM »

Looking at Vilppu fo drawing references

a2j2tiwari
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2014, 12:28:11 PM »

Hello everyone, I am new at drawing but pretty experienced at Pixel Art. Weird much, I know.

So here are my gesture practices from today:

PonjiRo - Available on Android!

Professional Pixel Artist - Portfolio
madcap
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 18, 2014, 07:22:54 AM »

Hi everyone - I'm pretty new to drawing. I started just earlier this year. I'd love to hear any feedback! I've been going to a figure drawing session about once a week.

Any and all feedback would be appreciated!  Beer!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic