Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411490 Posts in 69371 Topics- by 58428 Members - Latest Member: shelton786

April 24, 2024, 09:21:08 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsCompetitionsSportsFootbrawl Quest [FINISHED]
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Footbrawl Quest [FINISHED]  (Read 62596 times)
immortius
Level 0

-=-

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2012, 02:08:54 PM »

And v1.0 is released. Smiley

Download
DeepQantas
Level 0

Ah, to be a hero...

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2012, 02:09:54 PM »

Welp, the game is out.

Have fun and do post all the cool stories. Wink

e: F11 is screenshot. Don't think we actually mention that anywhere... -_-
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 02:15:52 PM by DeepQantas » Logged
moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2012, 02:41:39 PM »

those graphics look really nice

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
Fromage de Soja
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2012, 03:18:35 PM »

Here I am, trying to decide between working on my compo entry or playing this instead. Seriously looking forward to trying your game out!
louroboros
Level 0

wat

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2012, 03:52:44 PM »

And v1.0 is released. Smiley

Can't wait to play this! One more reason I need to hurry up and finish my game.  Tired

Blade
Level 0

Not bad for a human

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2012, 04:09:16 PM »

Gentleman Another tip - can use the space bar to skip to the next unit
antoniodamala
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2012, 06:16:51 PM »

have just played it 4 times, and i think that it drags for too long. There's not enough variety to keep a player entertained for more than a 10 to 15 minutes  session. Cut half of the size of the map down and/or put traps whatever and bang it will be flawless.
snoopyj
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2012, 12:47:02 AM »

Hey antoniodamala,

Thanks for the feedback.

Did you try all difficulty levels and feel the same?
The 2nd difficulty level gives you more knights and more enemies.
Blade
Level 0

Not bad for a human

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2012, 01:11:40 AM »

Traps is a good suggestion, maybe something that can go in the DLC Wink

I guess the problem with having a randomly generated dungeon is that sometimes it generates one that takes a while to get to the end.
goshki
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2012, 05:52:16 AM »

Wow, full pro! The amount of polish overwhelms me.  Hand ClapKiss

The single-player "story" is also hilarious ("You shall never score!") although I felt kinda sad when I've got only one player left but he was knocked out all the time and more and more skeletons approached my base.

antoniodamala
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2012, 12:32:52 PM »

Hey antoniodamala,

Thanks for the feedback.

Did you try all difficulty levels and feel the same?
The 2nd difficulty level gives you more knights and more enemies.

I did tried the hardest difficult, it felt better but still lacking something.

Is there a hot-seat multiplayer? I'm going to a friend's house and would like to test it.
DeepQantas
Level 0

Ah, to be a hero...

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2012, 01:01:51 PM »

Well, the coop is essentially just you splitting the dudes you get evenly so that you can play together online.

So... I guess you could just say "this knight is mine, that brawlserker is yours" and remember it. Only thing missing would be the different colors. I imagine it might feel a bit silly, tho. Undecided

Hm. You could run two instances of the game at the same time. Just mute the other one.
felipezille
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2012, 02:14:10 PM »

I've been playing for an hour or so... It's fantastic!
Very nice sprites, great gameplay. Sometimes the music repeats itself too much, or maybe that's me sucking at it and just not reaching the touchdown?

Toast Left

Great game!
s_l_m
Level 8

Open to collabs

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2012, 02:37:47 PM »

This is sooooo fun

Think happy thoughts.
copse
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2012, 01:34:57 PM »

A very polished looking game, and fun gameplay.  I've a few thoughts that may or may not be worth taking into account if you plan on expanding and polishing it further.

• I got the view goal scroll, and then every undead turn despite not actually having seen the goal or the bad guy there, it would interrupt to slowly have him spawn another.  Considering I was a long way away, both the interruptions and thought of unreasonably filled final room were detrimental to my enjoyment.
  • If I get to the final room, I've pretty much got a guy who can move lots of squares and teleport there and the game is won.  Needs not more difficulty, but more challenge.
  • If the bad guy can spawn skeletons on demand, why does he wait till I get there?  Why not just spawn them all the time, five at a time?
  • Line of sight seems purely distance based, and me to see into rooms I cannot actually see.
  • If I can charge through items/walls when I attack someone at a distance, why can't I charge through them any time I like?
About the only real things that detrimented the game play for me, were the line of sight and the triggered spawning in the final room items.
Pierrec
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2012, 07:00:11 AM »

This game is awesome. Typically the kind of game I want to be on my desktop forever in case I got 20 minutes to spare. I play it everyday since you've released it, and only now, I'm getting a bit bored because the hard mode isn't hard enough ^^
I haven't try multiplayer mode yet, should be fun.
Do you intend to make more levels? more features ? I would be interested!
I reviewed it (in french), you might be interested : http://oujevipo.fr/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=834:footbrawl-quest&catid=37:20-minutes&Itemid=56

snoopyj
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2012, 05:48:25 AM »

Thanks for the review Pierrec, glad you enjoyed it  Gentleman
Joshua
Level 5

Be rad to one another!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2012, 06:50:15 PM »

This is a thing of beauty! A really solid effort overall, and even more impressive you pulled this off in such a short time frame.  Beer!

I'm going to spend some more time with it and see if I can not be so awful at it.

whilefun
Level 1

Making games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2012, 05:16:14 PM »

In a word: AWESOME.  Gentleman

Really great job. Subtle things like the undead's heads bobbing to the time of the bad guy music. Good stuff. Will likely play this again soon, so I can WIN. I was so close. Mock Anger haha

batpo
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2012, 09:22:07 PM »

First off, I'd like to commend you on making such a fun game. I'm playing this with a couple friends as I write this, and we're having a great time. I could go on and on about the things I like (like the art), but here are some questions/issues:

1) When a Necromancer summons a bunch of Skeletons and its their turn to move, their turn lasts forever and ever and ever which really slows things down. Maybe there could be a "fast forward" or "skip" button somewhere to speed things along.

2) What exactly is the criteria for being able to charge tackle? Right now, it seems kind of random, and I know it's not.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic