Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1026203 Posts in 41132 Topics- by 32735 Members - Latest Member: paranoidninja

July 24, 2014, 04:22:25 AM
TIGSource ForumsFeedbackDevLogsErik Errand Boy (OGAM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Erik Errand Boy (OGAM)  (Read 448 times)
saluk
Level 1

View Profile Email
« on: January 10, 2013, 02:53:38 PM »

http://www.onegameamonth.com/saluk64007

I started One Game a Month about a week ago and figured more places to talk about what I'm working on is good. My plan is to use the same engine for each game in the month and keep making it better. By the end of the year I'll have 12 games and a solid engine, which is 13 things better than I have now.

I'm also seriously considering tying all the games together, and making them a series of episodes. Like a TV series, I can use feedback from previous episodes to solve issues and improve the series as it develops.

THE GAME

Erik The Errand Boy is a medieval RPG/adventure game set inside a castle. Later episodes might have some simulation aspects.

The first episode centers on a royal wedding occurring during tumultuous times (are there any other kind of times).

Can't draw (well I could but results I am happy with are too time consuming) so using only free art, at least for now.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 11:34:38 AM by saluk » Logged
saluk
Level 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 02:58:33 PM »

Video of Erik getting people to follow him. Needs work I know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Qyr9dlRE48
c023-DeV
Level 1

DevZoo

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 03:12:35 PM »

The shadows of your characters look a bit too far away. make them a tiny bit bigger and place them a bit further under the characters. And Maybe decrease the opacity a bit (Shadows arent 100% Black - always try to avoid 100% black or white.

Good luck and have fun with the development!

saluk
Level 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 02:18:03 AM »

Oh I am definitely having fun. It's been a while gamedev, but I am glad to be back.

Here's the first menu for interaction:

Nevermind the two creepy guys who seem to be all up in that chick.
saluk
Level 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 11:34:07 AM »

I've cleaned up the interface a bit, and am starting to work on the AI. Npcs in this game will have more agency than the old-school graphics might suggest. I really like the aesthetic of jrpgs, but prefer the gameplay and worldbuilding of western games. I also love solving puzzles in adventure games, but would prefer the gameplay to be less prescribed.

I have put a lot of time into it, but visible progress is pretty slow. I don't think we will get to the wedding in the first month Smiley I'm going to scale back a bit and just tackle maybe a single, boring, day in Erik's life.

A day where nothing much of importance really happens.

Or does it?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic